“The Worst Motel EVER!!!!”

Creekside Inn Motel
Creekside Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cave Spring
Reviewed 23 June 2014

(Regardless of my review, Cave Spring, GA is a beautiful little town. With 1 exception. The Creek Side Motel) My husband, stepson, and myself went to Cave Spring, GA for our annual family reunion. We only paid $55 per night for a double bed room, which wasn't a bad price, so we just thought it was going to be a plain room with just the basics. The rest of the family was over at the Hearn Inn but since we were there for our family reunion, we thought the room would be fine for the weekend. We were horribly mistaken!!! The ONLY good thing about that place is where it's located. It was really close to the rest of our family and everything was in walking distance. The bathtub is so slick that you can't take a shower unless you want to fall and get hurt. Which I did on the 1st night there! The bathroom didn't have a sink. The sink was outside the bathroom next to the table. The vanity light above the sink didn't even work so you couldn't see what you were doing, the towels were badly stained, and they don't have anyone for housekeeping! We had to go and ask for clean towels and washcloths but even that wasn't easy because the owner didn't want to give us any until I brought him the dirty towels. Even then he wanted to give me 2 towels and 1 washcloth for 3 people. I refused to leave until I had 3 of each. That night we didn't get any sleep because the people in the room above us kept stomping around until 3am and then started again at 6am. When I tried calling the office that night about the noise, I found that the phone in our room didn't work so I called from my cell phone and got a recording, "The number you have called is a non-working number". The next night a van, with 2 busted windows that were covered in clear plastic, pulled up directly in front of our room. They never even got out of the van but just sat there in front of our room doing God knows what. It was extremely creepy. At 2am, they were still sitting there. We couldn't get in touch with the owner so we had to call the police. 2 police cars showed up within minutes, questioned all of them separately and ran all of their drivers license. The Cave Spring Police Department did a very thorough job! The police told them that they couldn't stay in the van. They had to either go to their room, if they had one, or leave. Apparently, they had a room on the 2nd floor so they all went upstairs, but not for long. All of this finally ended about 3am but, needless to say, we didn't sleep that night either! The next morning as I was getting my husband and I some coffee, the server asked me how I was doing so I told her a little about what had happened over the weekend at the motel and she told us that the Creek Side Motel has a very, very bad reputation for drugs and hookers. She and the other server don't live in Cave Spring, they just work there, and even they know of its reputation. I wish we had known before we had checked in to that dump! Cave Spring is a beautiful little town, just don't stay at the Creek Side Motel! It's the worst motel I've ever stayed at and I recommend that no one ever stay there! If we hadn't already paid for both nights, we would've gone to the Hearn Inn with the rest of our family. I even tried to get our money back for the 2nd night so that we could, but all the owner did was say, "I'm so sorry" but he wouldn't give us our money back so we could stay somewhere else the 2nd night.

Room Tip: Go to the Hearn Inn
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Mel L
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I could kick myself, I knew what I was getting in to when I checked into this property and paid only $40.00 for the room. The room had a bed but only a fitted sheet and a duvet. The bathroom had a shower, sink, toilet, and soap (that smelled like Mentho-Lyptus) but no shampoo. The towels were threadbare and when I checked out I noticed the hotels laundry was put out to dry on the office’s back porch. I cannot say I did not expect this but this is basic lodging.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Eaglemapper
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I was traveling through from Rome to Birmingham when the horrible tornadoes came through. I was just outside of cave springs when I learned the tornado was headed right for me. I turned around and found this little motel on the side of the road. Even in the middle of the storm, they took care of me and made sure the guests were safe. I dont know what I would have done without it and them. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
13  Thank Pisgahscience

Been to Creekside Inn Motel? Share your experiences!