“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cedartown
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We called the motel and they gave us a rate of 45+ tax. When we arrived we were given the same rate and the clerk at the front desk, Jay, was beyong kind. He even helped us in taking our luggage to our rooms. My husband and I were impressed with his friendliness and willingness. The room was nice too; it had a clean fridge and a microwave, cleans linens, and a comfortable bed. At night, it was really quiet so going to bed wasn't a problem. The only complaint I have is that I forgot my tootbrush and toothpaste at home so I put $2 in the vending machine for it and the vending machine took my money! We'll be stopping at the Country Hearth again and we hope that Jay still works there. Country Hearth is a good place to stay; we recommended it to all our friends.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 18 February 2013

When I first moved to Cedartown in September 2010 for work, I stayed here for a few weeks until I could find an apartment. At this point; the accommodations were basic, clean and cheap ($30 range). Since then, new owners have gutted the hotel and there are entirely new rooms, lobby and a recently-installed hottub.

When family or friends come to visit me, they always stay here. Now, It is very clean, reliable and safe mid-range accommodation at a mid-range price (ca. $60.00 -$70.00). If a guest is not satisfied for whatever reason, management will do what it can to alleviate the problem within reason. New owners have also tightened security by locking the front door at night and operating through a "night window;" not that security was ever a concern of mine at the location in 2010. I remember sitting out in big white rockers, chatting with the several of the staff several in the evening with sweltering heat, back in 2010, with the doors wide open. It was a pleasant atmosphere in a small town, but it never hurts to be extra cautious with the new measures.

My parents came to visit yesterday and just spent last night there. They really like the place.

If you need good, solid, and safe mid-level accommodation in Cedartown; Country Hearth Inn is the place!

Room Tip: Do not accept a handicapped room unless you truly need it. They do not have racks or closet rods on...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank amerikaner2000
Cedartown, Georgia
Reviewed 12 January 2013

As a decent human being, I feel that I must share my unfortunate experience that occurred this night, Saturday January 12th, 2013. I have been staying at the Country Hearth Inn at 925 North Main Street Cedartown, GA 30125 for the past month, and tonight I discovered that some of my personal property was missing. Upon making this discovery, I went to the front desk to speak with the managers. What happens as a result? They were completely rude, accused me of lying, and stated that I had placed the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door, so how could the cleaning personnel (the most likely suspects) have possibly stolen anything. As I explained that my latest stay had consisted of 5 days so far, and only 3 of those days did I have the “Do Not Disturb Sign” on the door (every other day, as I did not feel my room needed to be cleaned every day), there was plenty of time for the “suspects” to be in my room. Not to mention the fact that I was at work all day, so who was to say no one went into my room on the “Do Not Disturb” days? The fact that I had been staying there for the past month mostly likely worked against my favor, seeing as how the “suspects”, as well as, the managers probably knew my schedule quite well, seeing that I worked all day, every day. The managers still refused to be of any assistance, arguing with me when I requested a full refund for the nights I had paid for in advance (since I rent the room for 2 weeks at a time), as well as, the nights I had stayed over the past week, stating that they were not responsible for anything that happened in “my” room during my stay. After a very heated conversation, they only refunded me for 4 days (the days I had paid for in advance), but would not even refund me for this night (I most certainly was not staying there any longer). They told me I could call the police and do “whatever” I felt I needed to do, but that they would not refund any other night. I was then informed that my credit card could not been refunded until 11:00 A.M. the next day, and when I asked for conformation in writing that I would in fact be getting a refund, they began to argue with me again. Not once did they offer their apologies or show any signs of concern for my current situation. In fact, they both got into their car and left the premises, no doubt to avoid the police. As the Cedartown police arrived, I explained my situation. Upon hearing my complaint, the officer described the “suspects” to me without me haven given him any prior description. Apparently this is not the first time this has happened here, and obviously the managers are quite aware of the crime ring circulating about their business, and have no issue hiring less than reputable people, and defending them no matter what the circumstance. So, my request of anyone reading this is to tell anyone you know (even just one person) about my unfortunate experience, and have that person tell just one other person and so on, so that anyone else who may have the misfortune of pulling into the parking lot of the Country Hearth Inn at 925 North Main Street Cedartown, GA 30125 will possibly think twice about staying at this location, and can hopefully avoid standing helplessly in front of the management when, inevitably, this happens again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank KDG34827
cedartown, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
I recounted this night's story with the audio/camera from our front desk and you stated that the lost of property that you are talking about is a container of medicine. To clear up this situation I checked the hall camera posted outside your room from 1/7 (when you checked in) to 1/12 (when you checked out). 1) It showed that for your most recent visit you did put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door and that while the sign was on the door no hotel personnel went in or out of the room. 2) The manager recommended that you called the police because it was your medicine that was stolen so it was ultimately your decision to report the situation. One question keeps circling my mind: If a person did take your medicine would they tell you to go to the police? Especially since they knew there was a camera right outside your door? But again, the camera shows that no hotel personnel went inside your room. 3) The Country Hearth Inn policy states that you cannot get refunded for the nights you already stayed. The reason for refunding the credit card at 11 AM is that our computer accounting system zeros out at 11 AM; this means that the Balance Due on your stay will show a (-) number instead of a zero. At 11 AM that (-) sign converts to a zero and that is when we give you your folio. You were refunded for 4 nights. When checking out you were given a folio, hence the "writing." 4) "Apparently this is not the first time this has happened here.." What proof do you have of this? This type of situation has never happened here because all hotel personnel know that this hotel premises is surrounded by cameras and if something happens, the cameras will always be brought against them for evidence. 5) The days that you were here more than a quarter of our motel was booked, even if the manager wanted to keep tabs on you, he couldn't because we were so busy. 6) "In fact, they both got into their car and left the premises, no doubt to avoid the police." When the police arrived the manager was inside the building in case the officer wanted to check the cameras.

For our future guests, know that we value your privacy and if something wrong does happen here, the police officer will always be welcome to check our cameras. For this guest, I'm sorry this happened to you but it erroneous to point fingers when the evidence (the cameras) tell you otherwise.

Travellers are raving about these Cedartown hotels

Savannah, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This is a very nice and clean motel. The front desk clerks were very helpful and sweet. Room was pleasant in general. I asked the front desk clerk if they remodeled it and she said yes. The room was quiet without any disturbances. In all, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rsmith287
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I know I only paid $60 for the room, but budget options are limited in this town. I figure people who stay in a place like this are still looking for basic needs to be addressed and accept no frills. This is reasonable to ask for but not what you may find here. Check in was an experience in indifference. Nothing friendly here. The beds were comfortable enough but squeezed into the room leaving someone to sleep with the wall unit 6 inches from them. The bathroom was not terrible but showed mold in corners and along caulking suggesting cleaning isn't very thorough. I ran the water for 10 minutes to get tepid water for a shower. There was no knob on the AC unit which meant there was no adjustment. When I asked about it at the front I received a response that (I think) it had to be left that way. I didn't sample breakfast since I don't fancy packaged powder donuts or fruit loops. I had a 2nd night reserved but cancelled it. I suppose you can have a reasonable stay here but I didn't find it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
cedartown, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
The Country Hearth Inn at Cedartown, GA is regularly inspected by the Country Hearth Inn professionals from the corporate office. As you stated budget options are limited but if you were unhappy and stated your concerns to us within a limited time of staying into the room we would've gladly changed your room. Holiday Inn at Cedartown, GA charges $100+ for the type of room you were in (we only charged you $60) - something else to think about. Our motel, including all the rooms, was recently renovated and compared to other motels that give rooms for $60 we can confidently say that the Country Hearth Inn is superior. As I've stated with the previous comments on the reviews we are changing our facility and making it better, your concerns have helped us to some extent.
Reviewed 9 October 2012

After the reviews here, I expected a carefully maintained and clean hotel in a small town. It was anything but. First, there was trash from a previous guest on the floor of my room. There was an inroom coffee maker but no condiments. The coke machine in the hall was empty. So was the machine with snacks, except for one tube of toothpaste for $2. Breakfast was wholly inadequate. There was a cereal dispenser but all that was offered was Apple Jacks. Hot cereal consisted of only grits to be made in the microwave. Pastries were three pre-packaged cherry danishes, such that one could buy in a convenience store. The knob to adjust the air conditioner was gone. The bathroom was not adequately cleaned and there was black mold in the shower and dust on the shelves. The carpet and furnishings were nice enough and with a modicum of concern for housekeeping and maintenance, this would be nice enough. As it is, I would not consider returning. Finally, I made this reservation thinking it was part of the Country Hearth Inns and Suites chain, which it apparently is not.

Room Tip: The Holiday Inn Express is right across the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Betsy B
cedartown, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
I'm sincerely sorry that you had this experience at our Country Hearth Inn. We have fired the old housekeepers and have brought in a new housekeeping staff that we know will outperform the last ones (we've been tracking their progess every day). We're also in the process of renvoating our breakfast supplies; we intend to put in a waffle maker, have boiled eggs, etc. If you're ever in the area again, please come back to us because you will notice a difference with the new staff and the breakfast.
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We booked thru Hotwire and assigned this hotel for $41 per night. We stayed 5/26 and checked out on 5/27/12. It was basic, clean, safe, hot water, and a good night sleep. The free breakfast was minimal. We were very surprised. The receptionist was very pleasant.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pfishlady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedartown
Best Western Cedartown Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#10 of 20 in Rome
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rome

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!