“Great for families”

Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chamblee
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here during our reunion. It was great! This hotel was able to accommodate us 2 days prior to arrival due to an unexpected cancelation by another hotel. Dominique was great in ensuring we were well taken care of. All of the staff except one was very polite and amazing. This hotel is located near food, grocery stores, and most importantly the Perimeter Mall! My only complaint is the shuttle which runs an once an hour and picks you up on their next pickup after you call. However my family was stranded with groceries for almost 2 hours after calling for a pickup! We ended up going to b o get them ourselves! Other than that everything else was great!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I am a business traveler and always pick Marriott properties because the are safe and reliable. I had a last minute trip and few options for a hotel. I chose this one based upon the location and the Marriott brand. This is not your normal Resident Inn. It is actually set up like an apartment complex and it seemed like there were some longer term residents staying in there.

The people at the reception desk are lovely. They were very welcoming and and accommodating. I was given a room near the lobby and it was on the top floor. Everything seemed OK, but quickly went down hill. The room was "clean enough" but it smelled as if someone had smoked in the room before. You could tell they tried to "freshen" it up but the smell still lingered. It was only one night so I figured I could do worse.

When I returned from dinner later that evening, I tried to answer some emails and decided to sit on the bed. Small flying bugs that resembled fruit flies quickly circled my head and stayed there. It was late, so I tried to just wave them away and eventually turned off the light to ignore them and try to get some sleep. That's when the sound of traffic picked up from the highway a few hundred feet away, but that was somewhat muted by the couple arguing outside my door. Needless to say, it was a long sleepless night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Frank J, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you so much for choosing the Residence Inn Dunwoody as your choice of lodging while here in Atlanta. We greatly value your feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to inform us regarding your experience. It appears that we did not meet your expectations for your overall stay with us and I sincerely apologize. If you're ever back in the area, we'd love another opportunity to "make it right". Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Kindest regards,

Frank James
Assistant General Manager
Residence Inn by Marriott - Atlanta/Dunwoody

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here 4 nights while home was repaired. Property is well-maintained and very clean. Staff was extremely friendly, accommodating, and efficient. Breakfast choices abundant and food quality was average for this type of hotel. Property is very close to the freeway so road noise may bother those who are sensitive. Prices on the high side.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gary H, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback, and are pleased to hear that your stay went well. I might also add that the Residence Inn brand will be making several changes to our food and beverage options within the next few months. We would love to hear your opinion of these when they are rolled out.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is something you don't expect from a reputable name like Marriott: you want to get a taxi ride to the airport at 5 am and ask the front desk the night before. Be surprised in the morning when you find a friend of the hotel attendant with his private car at double the price. No license, no receipt. Don't want to use him? No problem, look for a taxi on your own 1.5 hours before the departure at 5 am! Good luck!
I filed a complaint on the second call to Marriott Customer service. They apparently ignored my call the first time. The complaint number is 9LAR47.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gary H, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

I'm very sorry to hear your experience with this transportation situation. We utilize several taxi companies, but aren't affiliated with any. I'll look into this and contact you once I have a clearer idea of what happened. My apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here while my home was being repaired. Yes there were gun shots fired by people having a party in the hotel building next to mine. Several police cars came. The next morning the front desk staff laughed it off and suggested it was probably fireworks. The Chamblee police officers were under a different impression when they came to the property. This is a nice hotel in a dangerous area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Gary H, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I appreciate your concern regarding this incident during your stay, and apologize for any impression you may have received from a staff member that it was not taken seriously. I can assure you it most certainly was, especially since we have one of the lowest incident rates among Atlanta metro area hotels. This was an extremely unusual situation for us and we are cooperating fully with the police investigation. I would be happy to discuss this further if you would care to contact me.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was not expecting a real residence with small wooden houses tucked into a forest. All combined with the excellent quality of a standard Marriott room. They have a tennis court with a basket and a small pool, which provide a good option in hot days. Breakfast can be improved.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Gary H, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our property, which is located on almost 8 acres, definitely presents a more residential atmosphere, and offers guests more space and solitude, than the typical box-hotel design, I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

After a very bad experience at the local Holiday Inn we decided to give this place a try. We'd actually confused it with another Residence Inn which got great reviews.
The Front Desk staff were very welcoming, and the room was clean and nicely furnished. The kitchen was very nicely appointed, and the appliances looked like new. The room could accommodate a king bed, so the queen was disappointing. The parking was well lit, however the spaces were a bit on the small side. The food was plentiful and good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gary H, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, and particularly the service you received from our staff. Our mission is to ensure each and every guest leaves our hotel satisfied, with a desire to return. We very much look forward to being able to accomodate your family in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chamblee
Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center North
DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Residence Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center/Dunwoody
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Perimeter Center

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East? Share your experiences!