“Antique Row”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chamblee
Granville
“Antique Row”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We have stayed at the Chamblee Suburban Extended Stay in February for the past 2 years, and will likely stay there each year for the forseeable future. With friends in the area, it makes a good base.
Location and comfort are its major draws. It's on the edge of what's known as Antique Row, but there are many second-hand and Goodwill shops within walking distance, plus other shopping nearby too. The address - Industrial Court - is misleading. Nothing Industrial about it. There are also many restaurants - fast and slow food - (Pizza Hut almost on the property!) and a Walmart-anchored mall about 1 mile away, near a MARTA station with access to every part of Atlanta We didn't even use the car for several days in a row.
Hotel conditions are very good for this level. Neat, clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, convenient laundry facilities.

Room Tip: First floor back are quietest.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I walked in this hotel and (Ruth) the front desk agent was super friendly and very profesional. She treated me and my husband as if we were family. She gave us great customer service through out our entire stay. I will definetly be returning to stay there. She was very kind and knew allot about the area like were to go to eat and where to go and do fun things with family. I really enjoyed being there, it felt like home.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I was forced to stay in this place to get my life back together after going through a divorce and losing a job because of economy. I wanted to get the new management and owners a chance to correct this horrible place. but no prevail, there is absolutely no customer service whatsoever. if you looking for the latest cable programs to watch, you can forget that they went from 69 stations to only 9
plus local stations. you can forget about internet, the wireless is always on and off never complete any work. I can understand why there no improvements most of people that I see are crackheads rough looking thugs or prostitutes and they don't use computers. there is still a very bad bug problem here in the room and in the bed. front desk is rude, does nothing about putting the customer first. there are alway people hanging out in the parking lot full of alcohol no telling what else. you don't go outside at night here for fear of your own safety from the thugs thet make up most of the clients. maid service tries to do the best they can, but can only do what they are allowed to do by the company that they work for. even the maid staff has told me this place is nasty I guess they ought to know the gotta clean up after the thugs.
thank you for taking your time out in reading my review, I hope this helps you n your decision making process. I think tripadvisor to give you a place to go to the left the public know the truth.

• Stayed January 2012
7 Thank myheartisyours
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Please do not stay at this hotel. I got a reasonable deal online for under $50. Upon check in, after hours of driving in rain in an unfamiliar city, they used my credit card (initially given to them for incidentals) to charge a surcharge of $25!

There was no ice anywhere on the property, and when I brought this to the front desk attendant's attention, they told me the general manager was not available. They said I could not leave a message because the general manager's voice mail was not working!

Do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a service animal, do not go to this hotel; they will try to charge you $200.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jessica W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

this place has gone from bad to worse, there are people always hanging around screaming and cursing loud no peace or sleep. the smell of second hand smoke pours into the room, from people hanging out in the halls and from people staying in the non smoking rooms. it got so bad I cant feel my face burning so I made a polite phone call to the front desk, nothing was done. if you like thugs, the smell of urine and alcohol everywhere and your room full of after smoke, not to mention the bed bugs everywhere this is the place for you

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank myheartisyours
Vikki G, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Chamblee, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
This matter is receiving our attention and initially, we regret the inconvenience caused to you. We Value your concerns and take them very serious. Suburban Extended Stay of Chamblee is under new management and has made several changes since your last visit. We are giving 100 percent to change the type of experience you shared at our hotel. We pride ourselves on Guest Services and Cleanliness. Our people have embarked on rectification of any issues of Cleanliness. And we assure to give you excellent guest services.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

do not stay here at any cost. bed bugs are insidious. once i had contracted them, it took me 2-3 weeks to rid myself of them. luckily im transient at the moment and could leave most of my things in the car to bake in the sun. even given that, it cost me about $200 in various sprays, covers and bags and a mini vacuum until i finally stopped getting bites.

when i explained the situation to the man at the front desk, he didnt sound nearly horrified enough for my tastes. he had the audacity to ask if i wanted to switch rooms. as if.

i called for days asking to speak to a manger, never to have my call returned. in fairness to them, i stayed a few times before this in a different room without this type of incident (although the fridge did break down one night and all of my food went bad, again the staff was unconcerned). yes, you might save a few bucks, but trust me it will not be worth it when you wake up covered in clusters of bites.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank biglife t
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

the rooms are filled with bugs the bed have bed bugs service at the front desk is very bad always over charge you and has very bad attitudes

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank myheartisyours
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chamblee
Studio 6 Chamblee
Studio 6 Chamblee
#3 of 4 in Chamblee
WoodSpring Suites Atlanta Chamblee
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Peachtree Corners
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont
Residence Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center East
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Norcross

Been to Home Towne Studios - Chamblee? Share your experiences!