“Good budget hotel in the Chamblee area”
Review of Studio 6 Chamblee

Studio 6 Chamblee
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chamblee
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is not a fancy hotel, but it is clean and a good deal for budget travel. We would definitely stay here again. the reasons I only gave it three stars are:

1. The first night, we had just gotten into the room when a security guard knocked on the door and said someone was complaining about stomping in our room. We had literally just walked in the door and put our suitcase down. But that was not the hotel's fault. They had a complaint and they answered it.

2. The hotel office closes well before midnight. If you have trouble with your key or anything, there are numbers to call. But when we had trouble with our key around midngith the second night, we could not find a number anywhere. Luckily, we got the key to work after numerous tries.

Aside from those small problems, the hotel was fine and at a little over $100 for two nights, it was more than sufficient for our needs. We were attending a convention in the neighborhood; if you are not in the neighborhood you might want to check out other Atlanta budget offerings first.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank starmac
ChambleeManager, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you greatly for choosing our location, and we hope that we can better accommodate you in the future should you come back to Chamblee. We value our guests concerns, and always strive to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I can truly say this location is a blessing for me. I am new to Atlanta and needed somewhere to stay. I have been to several hotels but never have I experienced such a welcome feeling from the staff. Kesha, I say thank you so much!! The way I was treated assured me this was where I am suppose to be. I walked into a very clean room. I payed for one nite but I will be staying here a little longer. I feel safe and slept really good. I would refer this location to others. Thanks again Kesha for giving outstanding service.

• Stayed: June 2013
ChambleeManager, General Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for choosing our Chamblee, Savannah Suites. We are pleased too hear that you were extended great service and a comfortable stay. We look forward to your return in the future with us.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I had the displeasure of staying at the Savannah Suites in Chamblee this weekend!!! On more than 2 occassions, the police where called for smell of marijuana being smoked. The police went floor to floor with their dog to check the complaint and they never found it. I asked the officer does this happen often and he said every weekend someone calls and complains. My entire trip was ruined because of the constant police presence made me feel uncomfortable and afraid to leave my room. I will not be returning there and I wouldn't refer this place to anyone else!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank carameldiva72
ChambleeManager, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to make sure that our security guards are here daily for guests nightly requests or concerns, and to especially make sure that all guests feel safe during their entire stay. We listen to all our guests concerns to maximize exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

The location is perfect close to Perimeter Mall & business areas. Also Marta train station. Soon as I checked in roach ran behind tv. I don't think it's worth $199.00 a week. Never Again!! I slept with all lights on. It did not matter roaches even went under the bed to hide.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anonymous1491
ChambleeManager, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

We appreciate your feedback, and we sincerely apologize that your stay was not a pleasant one. We as a team work hard to insure that our guests concerns are taken seriously, and that plans are put in place to always improve on our quality and service.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

You can't beat the location--it's a 10 minute walk to Chamblee Train Station! The train can take you to the airport, Lenox Square Mall/Phipps Plaza, Kroger's (get off at Brookhaven/Oglethorpe Train Station), etc. Also, Walmart is a couple blocks away off Peachtree Industrial Boulevard. I've stayed here on countless occasions and always found the staff and management to be very friendly and attentive to your needs. If there is a problem, they will make it right. Thanks Tori, Tosha, Kesha, and Joy! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
ChambleeManager, General Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Baron D,

We appreciate your returned business, and we value that you choose to stay with us during your travels. It is our pleasure to insure that any issues that arise during your stay that we address them immediately, and with care and concern. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, and our goal is to continuously exceed your expectations so that you will always stay with us.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Customer Service Rep,Tasha,was very cordial and helpful with us.QT and other shops are convenient.the internet was slow,and it seems to be home for a few people.they probably want to monitor the outside activities to make sure their patrons feel safe and their property secure.but it was a great option and experience for a last minute decision and limited options for st.patrick's day weekend.we will be back.hopefully we can get in on their special.thanks Tasha,we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward C

Dear Edward C,

We appreciate your feedback and that you chose to stay with us during your travels. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that the service was great. We will make sure that we continue to monitor the grounds, all areas of hotel, and we keep our security presence at night to insure our guests feel safe at all times. We look forward to your future return with us.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I am currently staying here until my place is available later this month. I've had small problems. They mostly get on them right away. But this pass week someone entered my room and removed some items. They knew exactly what they was coming in for. They also tried to take the extra TV we have in the room. I refuse to believe that this was just random, for a few reason. 1) we own 2 dogs. They are in the room when we are away. If you come to the door you will hear them. Not to many people will continue into this room and take that chance.They would most-likely move to the next. Only motel associates know my dogs were caged during the day. My dogs can be very loud when someone knocks or open the door (The police officer hesitated before entering the room). 2) And according to staff, my room is the only one that got hit (they claim this has never happened). 3) grabbed exactly what they wanted. More items were around but they were ignored. 4) they placed a piece of metal on the frame to stop this from happening again, ( my son was there when it was done) they trying to tell me the metal been there. Even sent eng up to redo it again the next day while I was there. Looking at other doors I notice that plenty of the rooms do not have this metal plate. But all the rooms on the end that we stay has them. Only 2 room was with out. now 1 cause they just place one on mine. 5) I've been having problems with the lock. And have called down to the desk about it more the once. But sense this has happened they are telling me they only have 1 complaint about my lock. Just so happen it was the call where I spoke directly to the GM.

They keep trying to tell me they are not responsible for this break in. Not only am I disagreeing, I know better. They are responsible for having faulty lock. Also they are repeating they Ga that clears lodging faculties on any liabilities of guest items being stolen from the room. But they don't seem to know the law in it's fullness. They are not liable if they provide safe in the room or inform and offer you use of the safety deposit box at the front desk. All which was not done. They suggest you use your home owners insurance to cover your lost.

Now, do me and my kids feel safe? NO. Even with the metal plate, we feel violated. Like I said we really had no problems here. But when we do, we get a big one. And I'm told by other guest that this has happened before. Which is also a eye raiser to me.

Room Tip: They refuse to be responsible for their property.