“Wasn't sure what to expect..”

The Village Cafeteria
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Chatsworth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I went based on word of mouth and with an open mind. I was disappointed. The chicken and gravy with dressing was average, the fried chicken leg my son was given had the look and texture of the left-overs from lunch and he wouldn't eat it after one bite, not that I would let him eat it after I tried it. When I inquired about getting chicken tenders for him, the reply was "It will take 30 minutes". 30 minutes? I don't even know where to go with that. The service was robotic. Yes, it's cafeteria style and with many young people working, which I like to see, but I felt more like the standard "cows in a que line" rather than a welcomed guest. This is small southern-town America. This is where courtesy and charm originated folks! Smiles and hearty "Thank you's" are abundant down here. Sadly, none of it was present on my visit. The dining room was generally clean but bland, the restroom tiny. I may return in a few months for a second chance because I believe in second chances, but when an establishment isn't operated with a passion, it shows. Let's hope the passion gets rekindled.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

If passing through, this is a good place to get tasty food, at a reasonable price. Clean, country atmosphere inside. I live here, and it's not a bad place to eat. It is a small, budget-conscious hometown restaurant, so don't roll up like another reviewer I read on here, thinking you're getting Michelin - star chefs and what-not. Basic, tasty country fare, GREAT sweet tea, and wonderful fried chicken. The staff are friendly, and accommodating. In a drive-through fast-food dominated town, the Village is a gem.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This place is certainly popular with the local crowd. I can't see why. They canned cream corn was much better than the canned green beans.

2  Thank WhoIsJohnGalt_07
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely place to eat with good food and pleasant staff I can certainly recommend it, it's a lovely location to be. The price is a little high but worth it, I will be going again soon. It has nice toilets and also kept clean.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

It's your standard meat and 3 vegetable restaurant, recently remodeled, best fried chicken in town! Try to eat there once a week, it's all good.