“Not very good, try to find a better BBQ joint”
Review of Pork N Beans - CLOSED

Pork N Beans
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: (706) 517-2326
Description: (706) 517-2326
Ranger
“Not very good, try to find a better BBQ joint”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I was so excited when this joint opened because I love BBQ, but my husband and I were very disappointed when we ate there. You have to stand in line to place your order and then wait for them to call you back up to get it. Nothing like not having a waitress. The food is served on plastic plates with plastic utensils, which drives me nuts. They certainly don't sell beer, and who wants BBQ without a nice cold beer? I got the baked potato with pulled pork on it and my husband had ribs and we were both dissatisfied. Mine was terribly dry and had absolutely no flavor, no matter how much butter I put on it. I didn't eat but a few bites of mine, but I hate to throw away food so I took the rest home to my dog to eat. We keep betting on just how long they will stay in business. I'm very particular about BBQ and I highly recommend Wolf BBQ in Ellijay, GA over this. We definitely won't be back.

• Visited February 2013

Loudon, Tennessee
“Competition-style 'Cue”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a small place in Chattsworth, GA along beautiful US 441. It's the kind of place where you place your order at the counter and they give you a number. I had the large pulled pork sandwich and home-made bbq chips. My wife had the pulled pork baked potato. Both were YUM and huge.
Prices are nice. Tables are bare except for 4 kinds of bbq sauce (all taste pretty good). But you must know, like many competition-style barbecue meats you can enjoy without sauce.

• Visited April 2013
Portland, Maine
“Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

En route from Naples, Fl to Dublin, Ohio, we escaped Route 75 and passed through Chatsworth, GA and stopped for lunch at Pork n Beans. We enjoyed a giant pulled pork sandwich and a hamburger with all the fixings. The food was home cooked and very tasty. The entire facility was SQUEEKY clean in every respect and the employees were the very epitome of southern hospitality. Do not look for white tablecloths, but be prepared for some great barbecue, Georgia style!

• Visited April 2013
“The best and cutest lil BBQ plays I've ever been to!!!”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Absolutely excellent BBQ. Very clean very good food! Try their homade BBQ chips and sweet potato chips!!! You get plenty of food and it was a great value. They also had homade pies , cakes, brownies and ice cream we didn't try because we were so full!!!

Maryville, Tennessee
“Great BBQ and Brunswick Stew”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

After driving by and smelling the smoker, we stopped in as we passed through town. The service was great and the restaurant is very clean and neat. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich with a side of fries and brunswick stew. The stew had a great flavor and provided nice heat. The portions are large and the food is great. I will definitely will be stopping in again when I come back through town.

1 Thank wmtip