All reviewshomemade granolacelestial suitehot tubfort mountain state parkin room jacuzzimountain viewgas fireplacecouncil roomscreened in porchwonderful hospitalityb bsgeorgia mountainsrelaxing vacationperfect weekendus feel at homeblue ridgegreat room
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed in the Celestial Suite, Overlook Inn on July 4 - 6 2012 at a cost of over $800 for a cheap room, cobwebs on light fixtures and bookshelves, water damaged floors, shower that would not regulate and an owner who was rude. This place is nothing more than a cheap motel accomodation.

Room Tip: Check out reviews other than those on the Overlook Inn site; those reviews must be regulated because when we tried to sign the guestbook several times the site would not let any new reviews to be posted.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John S
TheOverlookInnOwner, Owner at The Overlook Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations at The Overlook Inn. I am grateful for your review as it points out serious problems that I will discuss with our morning and evening Innkeepers so that we can correct and improve our service to our guests. I am especially sorry if I seemed rude during your visit. My wife and I train every member of our staff to be courteous and attentive to guests and we strive to make every guest feel comfortable and pampered during their stay with us.

Robert & Liz Coleman
Owner

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed in the Prince Madoc room. It's very big and has it's own bathtub. Our private bathroom was across the hall. All in all the visit was very nice. The staff is super nice and very helpful. We aren't very picky so we really did enjoy our stay. If you are picky though, you might want to know a few things before you get there.

1st - you have to walk across a hallway to get to the toilet/shower
2nd - it's not totally quiet, we could hear people walking by our room and sometimes in their room (luckily all the guests were pretty quiet)
3rd - you do share a porch with another room, there is a wall up to keep it private
4th - there is no way to control the ac in your room, so in the summer time it can get hot. We asked them to make it cooler and they tried, but we were still a little hot
5th - we picked this room for wheelchair access, they do have it, but it is a very bumpy path and if you don't have good balance popping a wheelie, it could be very difficult. Also, there is a small curb you have to get up to get on the path

The only thing I would recommend is, the fireside meal wasn't that great for the money we paid. I suggest going out somewhere for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank micsue123
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband and I took an extended weekend getaway to The Overlook Inn B & B back in February. It was wonderful and exceeded all expectations. We stayed in the "Grand Gahuti" room which was our favorite! Everything was just amazing. We had no trouble finding The Overlook Inn and upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly gentleman who walked us over to our room. It was like heaven upon entering the Bed and Breakfast. The view from the dining room/library was SPECTACULAR. It was our anniversary trip so we had ordered some packages that included candles and flower petals... They did a fabulous job and even made a heart out of rose petals on the bed. The Hot tub on the screened in porch was nice and private and clean. Breakfasts were gourmet and fabulous. A definite plus each day is the wine/cheese hour and the homemade candlelit dessert in the evening. It definitely was an experience and one we won't forget. The drive up the mountain is beautiful as well.

Room Tip: The Grand Gahuti room has a bathroom in the room, a tv, and a hot tub on the screened in porch. Not all rooms have a bathroom and I know of one room in particular without a tv. Just make sure to look into the room you choose in detail prior to booking. :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed 10 April 2012

...we found it on a lark driving from Chatsworth to Ellijay. Staff was very friendly and helpful, accommodations were excellent, the view is unbeatable, and the little extra touches make the whole experience at Overlook Inn exceptional. The outdoor Jacuzzi on the private, screened-in porch is worth the price of the room, but having coffee and tea with biscotti at 3:00, wine and cheese at 5:00, as well as dessert at 7:00 (weekend) in the common area, plus Eggs Benedict for breakfast (weekend) just added to our delightful time. If you are looking for an intimate, beautiful space you could do far worse. Highly recommended; we will certainly be going back!

Room Tip: The Moon Eye is great, as is the room next to it with private outdoor Jacuzzis.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I took my boyfriend here as a surprise for his birthday on the weekend and we had a great time!! The ride up the mountain is nice and scenic. When we got there, the innkeepers were very nice, friendly and welcoming. They were very accommodating and our room was awesome. We stayed in the Celestial Suite which is their newest and best suite. Every single thing in that room was amazing. The food was very good and you never want to leave your room. I cannot wait until we go back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple