All reviews homemade granola celestial suite hot tub fort mountain state park in room jacuzzi mountain view gas fireplace council room screened in porch wonderful hospitality b bs georgia mountains relaxing vacation perfect weekend us feel at home blue ridge great room
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My significant other and I came here to stay for a night. We were originally supposed to stay in the Fieldstone, a room I had picked because of the gorgeous interior stone wall, fireplace, and tub in the room. However, as we were checking in, they asked if we would like to upgrade to the Moon Eye room for $10 as there was a vacancy. We decided to upgrade, as the Moon Eye had a screened in porch with a jacuzzi, a small tv, fireplace, and a bathroom inside the room. We absolutely loved our stay! Our room was very clean and well-kept, and it was really fun to be able to use the jacuzzi in the cold weather. The Overlook Inn is similar to a lodge, with warm and rustic decorations and awesome mountain views. There are tables, chairs, and walking trails on the property as well. The pictures on the website give an accurate representation. They offer tea, coffee, and biscotti in the afternoon, then bring out wine, cheese, grapes, and crackers later in the evening. I think the breakfast is different every morning, but the blueberry french toast and homemade granola parfait we had were fantastic. Breakfast is served at 8:30 or 9 am, so you have two options of when you would like to eat. The staff is very attentive and friendly, they definitely made our stay even better! We already can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I wanted to love the Overlook Inn so much more than I did. We stayed in the Fieldstone. Upon first getting to the B&B, we were so excited about the gorgeous view. The staff was wonderful and extremely accommodating.

Now, for the disappointing part.. when first getting in to the Fieldstone, we were overwhelmed by a really strong smell of air freshener - one plugged in and one sitting on the dresser. I decided to unplug and put them in a drawer (I could barely breath!) - a couple hours later, I realized why there were air fresheners.. the room had a really strange smell. Almost a litte like sewage. We decided to just open the door. Another weird part was dirt or debris came out of the hot tub's jets. And on top of all that, the fitted sheet on the bed felt very old and rough. Lastly, we had robes to walk to our bathroom, but there were sheer parts of the robes that were very close to turning into holes and may have led to a really awkward encounter if someone saw us.

Breakfast was creative - but just ok. Orange juice, coffee, eggs benedict, hash, baked grapefruit, and muffin with a very strange tasting chocolate-like sauce on it.

The lucky part about my negative reviews are that these problems can be easily fixed (I think!), but not sure if I'll return until I know they are.

Again, the staff was a pleasure, and the little shop was so cute. The common area was relaxing and had a nice view.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Christine Z
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here many times and each time is fantastic! We always stay in The Celestial Suite. Everything from the breakfast in bed every morning for free, to watching TV from the in-room jacuzzi while looking at the glass fireplace, to the rainforest shower and amazing chocolate cake and nearby hiking makes this place one of the best. We have been well taken care of by Neil for many years and the other newer staff members Samantha, Marie and Jessica make it awesome. Very much privacy is given and help is there if you need it. If you are a couple seeking a great relaxing getaway...this is it! This particular trip we stayed 12/29 through 1/1 and hardly left our room. Thanks to everyone there that made our stay special. We can't wait to return again soon. We have been married 20 years and try many B&B's throughout the US and this one is our favorite! It is worth the 8 hour drive from Tampa everytime and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Gorgeous views, comfy bed and clean rooms. Very updated and cozy atmosphere! Nice outdoor jacuzzi, great restaurants down the mtn also. Breakfast was wonderful and service was excellent! Lovely inn! Will be back for a future stay!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jess116000
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We had a perfect romantic getaway at The Overlook Inn. It was just a short trip from Atlanta but it felt like we were worlds away. The staff was exceptional and thought of everything to make our stay wonderful. We stayed in Moon Eye and enjoyed every moment. The room was beautifully decorated and the gas fireplace, screened in porch and hot tub were perfect. The view was spectacular!

The breakfast was homemade granola, chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, fresh fruit with yogurt, Eggs Benedict and bacon. The homemade biscotti and tea in the afternoon, and the cheese and wine in the evening were perfectly timed. We ordered a fireside dinner and chose to enjoy our stay without even leaving the mountain. It was a charming and valuable getaway for us. We already booked our next getaway!

Room Tip: The rooms are all a little different, but we most enjoyed the ones with the hot tubs. They do not have a swimming pool, I rated it excellent for this area because of the hot tubs. The 'fitness center' was rated based on the hiking trails.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple