“Wonderful weekend in the Overlook Inn!”

The Overlook Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Chatsworth B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Wonderful weekend in the Overlook Inn!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Overlook Inn this past weekend to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. Neither of us had ever stayed at a bed & breakfast before so we weren't quite sure what to expect. It's safe to say we were pleasantly surprised and loved the bed & breakfast experience.

As one of the employees was walking us to our room, my boyfriend dropped a bottle of wine and it shattered on the stone. We felt really bad but he said not to worry about it. 10 minutes later he shows up at our door with a replacement bottle of wine - that's the kind of service you can expect at The Overlook Inn!

We also absolutely loved the food. Didn't do dinner at the Inn, but we had breakfast (SO good!), ate the cookies & drank coffee before dinner, partook in the wine and cheese hour (yes please), and had the delicious homemade dessert - all included when you stay there.

Another great thing is the location. Behind the inn are 6 miles of beautiful hiking trails. We actually visited the state park nearby and found that the trails behind the inn were a lot better - so quiet and beautiful.

Overall it was a great experience and we would definitely go back. So relaxing!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexis T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Overlook Inn for a 3 night visit during our vacation. We came to northern Georgia to recharge and reconnect after 10 long months of working and busy schedules. The room was beautiful!! The room was very luxurious and homey. We enjoyed kicking back in the jacuzzi tub very much. The staff was very, very hospitable and the breakfast every morning was great. It was wonderful sipping coffee, eating blueberry french toast and taking in the beautiful mountain view from our table every morning. We'd recommend this place to anyone and would definitely stay here again. If you are looking for that mountain getaway and want access to all the hiking, kayaking, sightseeing, and other mountain activities (but don't want the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg), pick northern Georgia and stay at the Overlook Inn!

Room Tip: Pick the Celestial Suite (definitely worth the cost!!)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Dear Kim, Marie and Samantha,
Thank You so much for all you each did to make our stay at the Overlook Inn Incredible experience.

From the start, when Kim, Samantha and I were making plans, you were incredibly gracious with every request we had. You stayed in touch and made yourselves available any time I phoned; I came knowing that we were in good hands!

And since arriving, we have each been blessed by your tending to our every need, making us feel completely at home and providing meals that we will be talking about for weeks (I have to try and work off the extra pounds.) On top of that, giving directions to paths, providing restaurants and making reservations for us - outstanding! Although, for us, it’s been a hard and long planning meeting, your hospitality and attention have given us a “retreat” from our normal work days. And I know you didn’t control the weather, but it’s been so cool to sit by a fire on rainy days, to take a walk in the glorious sunshine, to see the city lights late at night, and to sleep to the sound of rain and wind. Pure Georgia!

You’ve given us much more then we paid for or anticipated. God bless you as you are surrounded by His beauty and his deep love for you.

Hoping to come back someday, The Grace Church Management Team

Thanks for your wonderful hospitality. It was delightful to meet each of you. Thanks and many blessings. Kevin

As men and women who have given their lives to people, virtually on call 24/7. It’s been overwhelming to be served so wonderfully. You’ve created space for us to experience Christ’s love and grace through you and the wonderful setting with deep gratitude. Rob

We have been so blessed by each one of you these past few days. Your servant’s hearts, smiling faces delicious food have provided an amazing experience on the beautiful mountains which will always remember with deep gratitude! Thank you, and God Bless You!  Cindy

Thank you for adding such a beautiful and gracious touch to this unbelievable setting! We have been so well cared for during our stay and it has absolutely facilitated our work/prayers here. Grace and Peace! Jeff

Thanks for serving us so graciously, Chris
Each of you has radiated warmth and graciousness! Thank You! Melody

Wonderful hospitality! Great food, wonderful place and great service…. Twice! (for me) Thank you for creating our environment for us to work effectively. Dave

Thank you so much for your hospitality and warmth. This space and environment was the Best I have experienced on our retreats. The combination of space, freedom, great food, and beautiful environment, accented by your graciousness and engagement was inspiring. Thank you and Blessings, Doug

I am certain that all I was hoping to say has been said by others but let me once again say how grateful I am for your kindness, warmth and hospitality. Thank you for creating the environment that has allowed us to do our important work in a place of comfort and safety. Tim

Thank you for a great few days up on the mountain top. Our ability to meet in comfort and safety and a beautiful setting was gift to us- and I am so grateful. And the lasagna tasted much like my mom’s and brought a smile to my face- few people can match my mom’s lasagna! Thank you so much, Keith.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Great space for a mountain retreat. Between the views and hospitality, you have to check this out. We used the main inn for our meetings and meals, then some of us stayed at the cabins down the road. These cabins were wonderful, just beware of the road to get there. It is extremely windy.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Ellijay, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The views are breath taking!! The staff at the Inn are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are looking for a place to get away i suggest The Overlook Inn B&B.
You can have breakfast in bed or in the beautiful Council room with a wonderful view that on a clear day you can see for miles.
We can't wait to go back and stay in one of the bigger rooms with a hot tub and fireplace.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My significant other and I came here to stay for a night. We were originally supposed to stay in the Fieldstone, a room I had picked because of the gorgeous interior stone wall, fireplace, and tub in the room. However, as we were checking in, they asked if we would like to upgrade to the Moon Eye room for $10 as there was a vacancy. We decided to upgrade, as the Moon Eye had a screened in porch with a jacuzzi, a small tv, fireplace, and a bathroom inside the room. We absolutely loved our stay! Our room was very clean and well-kept, and it was really fun to be able to use the jacuzzi in the cold weather. The Overlook Inn is similar to a lodge, with warm and rustic decorations and awesome mountain views. There are tables, chairs, and walking trails on the property as well. The pictures on the website give an accurate representation. They offer tea, coffee, and biscotti in the afternoon, then bring out wine, cheese, grapes, and crackers later in the evening. I think the breakfast is different every morning, but the blueberry french toast and homemade granola parfait we had were fantastic. Breakfast is served at 8:30 or 9 am, so you have two options of when you would like to eat. The staff is very attentive and friendly, they definitely made our stay even better! We already can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I wanted to love the Overlook Inn so much more than I did. We stayed in the Fieldstone. Upon first getting to the B&B, we were so excited about the gorgeous view. The staff was wonderful and extremely accommodating.

Now, for the disappointing part.. when first getting in to the Fieldstone, we were overwhelmed by a really strong smell of air freshener - one plugged in and one sitting on the dresser. I decided to unplug and put them in a drawer (I could barely breath!) - a couple hours later, I realized why there were air fresheners.. the room had a really strange smell. Almost a litte like sewage. We decided to just open the door. Another weird part was dirt or debris came out of the hot tub's jets. And on top of all that, the fitted sheet on the bed felt very old and rough. Lastly, we had robes to walk to our bathroom, but there were sheer parts of the robes that were very close to turning into holes and may have led to a really awkward encounter if someone saw us.

Breakfast was creative - but just ok. Orange juice, coffee, eggs benedict, hash, baked grapefruit, and muffin with a very strange tasting chocolate-like sauce on it.

The lucky part about my negative reviews are that these problems can be easily fixed (I think!), but not sure if I'll return until I know they are.

Again, the staff was a pleasure, and the little shop was so cute. The common area was relaxing and had a nice view.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CAtlanta12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatsworth
Reid Ridge Lodge
Super 8 Chatsworth/Dalton
Super 8 Chatsworth/Dalton
#1 of 3 in Chatsworth
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper

Been to The Overlook Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!