Edna's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was well reviewed in Jane and Michael Stern's Road Trip book of 2009 and we just happened to be coming out of Tennessee. I scurried through the book to see if there was anything nearby: it was Edna's. We were not disappointed: a meat and three and we sampled every side. My favorite was the scalloped tomatoes, and my beef and rice was so delicious. My husband had the country ham and that was almost better, so tender and rich. I took of piece of coconut cream pie to go and though it had meringue on tope (I'm not a huge meringue fan), it was a good piece of pie for later. Don't drive past this place, really, I am hoping to go back someday.

1  Thank lynnandrich

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had just driven out of the mountains and was hungry. I didn't want fast food and was lured into Edna's by the sign and full parking lot. The food was mediocre. The fried chicken was dry and the green beans and rice were not homemade. Even the sweet tea wasn't very good. Maybe I caught them on a bad night. In any event, I won't be back. At least the meat and two plus sweet tea was less than $8.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stopped here while in route to Fort Mountain. Lured in by the home cooking advertisement. I won't say the food was all bad but my party of four had mixed reviews about it. Whipped potatoes are just that (instant potatoes whipped with water). 2 members of our party had BBQ pork and they agreed it was the worst BBQ they ever had. I had beef/rice which was more like rice and gravy. Service was decent. We all had pie for dessert which was good and reasonably priced for the portion given. If I were to return it would be for pie only.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

As I was reading these reviews I started thinking. Who are these people? Apparently they have no taste buds at all. Could this be? I don't want to sound rude but that can be the only excuse for giving 4+ star reviews. Do you want to know the truth? Here it is. Take my word for it or go waste money completely up to you.

So my husband and I had been on a "drive" from Ringgold. GA to Amicalola Falls State Park. To get there you can go through Chatsworth. On the way home I saw this old fashioned looking diner with a ton of cars in the parking lot so I had my husband turn around and go there to eat. ( Once we walked in this restaurant lost all its charm it looks like another "shabby chic renovation which makes me want to PUKE!)

As we were walking in there was a lady leaving with a to go order so we asked her what is "good" there. She said "friend chicken and peanut butter pie" PEANUT BUTTER PIE??? It was on like donkey kong. lol. Stole our hearts! So I order "fried chicken, hominy, broccoli cheese casserole" he orders "fried chicken, mashed pot and gravy, broccoli cheese casserole".

Fried chicken- NO SEASONING! NONE, Zilch, Nil, NONE!
Hominy-Canned no taste
mashed pot and gravy-INSTANT potatoes gravy was gelatin like
Broccoli Cheese casserole- no florets just stems in a strong nacho cheese sauce.
Now correct me if I am wrong but broccoli cheese casserole consists of - broccoli florets, cream of mushroom, mayo, onions, 2 eggs, ritz crackers and a bag of SHREDDED Cheese.
Not to toot my own horn but I CAN COOK.

I should have known this place was a complete waste of time when I walked in and there was NO SMELL OF FOOD COOKING!!! Go home and cook save your money. If you like BLAND, UNATTRACTIVE CANNED FOOD, This is the place for you! If you have any sense about you avoid it like the plague.

Toodles!
Rachael

1  Thank usjmsdotcom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Several of us stopped by on a motorcycle trip thru the area on our way back to Florida. Everything was great, lunch - ample portions and quality, well prepared food - the pies were outstanding - fabulous experience, including the great service! We are all Jones'ing to get back!