“Disappointed”

Open Range Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 41 Restaurants in Chatsworth
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We are local diners at this restaurant and decided to check it out for the first time today. My husband said that his fried catfish was very "rubbery" and he could not eat it. I ordered prime rib, well done. (I know it's a roast but asked if it could be finished on the grill and was pleased when they said the cook could do that). It was seasoned well enough, but it was so tough the steak knife would hardly cut it. I believe that it was probably finished off in the microwave because it was served in less than ten minutes after I ordered it. We will not dine there again.

3  Thank Chery47

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I have been here 3 times. The 1st time was right after it opened, We ordered the special which was A bone-in ribeye steak with a salad and a side. Ok the salad was pretty good then the entrees come. I ordered bone-in ribeye with fries the steak was I think 12 ounces but with the bone and enormous amount of fat on It. After removing all that it maybe weighed 6 ounces. My husband ordered the baked sweet potatoe & bone-in ribeye. He had the same issue with his steak but also his baked sweet pot. was undercooked and hard. Our was over $50.00 we wasnt impressed! The second time we stopped in for lunch. We decided to get the chips and salsa appitizer.EWW it tasted like CHEAP store bought jar salsa that they heated in the microwave and there some cheap off brand tortilla chips on a plate. Ok so we decided we are already here lets order. We both ordered a burger and instead of chips payed extra for fries. Total waste of money. My husband gets his plate and his fries are hot and kinda crispy well I get my plate and and my fries are cold and soggy.
Well our third visit was actually pretty good we both got the prime rib with garlic mashed potatoes and a salad. Now this is my biggest complaint again is the ungodly amount of fat. If you advertise a piece of meat being 10 ounces it shouldnt consist of as much fat as meat.
Overall Ill try it again

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Me and my wife had dinner there today. I got the 10oz ribeye steak which it was good but not the best i've had. My wife ordered the chopped steak and said it wasn't any good. The service was alright but needs improvement and they should have bottles on every table instead of bringing you a small plastic cup of sauce of whatever you asked for. For 31.00 I wasn't impressed and will not return

1  Thank Troy G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have to admit, I was very skeptical when my husband and I decided to try the Open Range Steak House in Chatsworth, GA. However, we were very pleasantly surprised. I believe it was the best steak I have ever had the pleasure to eat. We have been back several times and always get the same top-grade cooking and wonderful friendly service. They are No. 1 in my book and we are so glad they are here in Murray County. If you like steak, you will love the Open Range Steak House. They cook it exactly the way you want it.

3  Thank 700Diane
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Chatsworth is full of fast food chains and Mexican restaurants but has been missing a steak house, something a lot of people had hoped for. This new steak house in the old Press Box building fills the bill. We went on a Thursday night and the place was packed. We ordered the 10 oz rib eyes with salads and baked potatoes. The steaks were grilled to perfection, tender and not loaded with spices. Just a nice, tender, juicy grilled steak, Simple perfection. The salads and baked potatoes were also very good. Service was fast and courteous, the seating areas were clean, prices are very reasonable and we enjoyed everything about this meal. We will definitely be back and we are so glad that Chatsworth now has another restaurant choice, and one that we don't have to go to Chattanooga to enjoy.

2  Thank LSuddeth