“Good For Passing Through”

Key West Inn Chatsworth
Key West Inn Chatsworth
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Chatsworth
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Not a bad place to stay for a night or two. My room was clean and everything worked properly. Nothing fancy, just a place to rest and get cleaned up. Would definitely stay here again if I needed to. Checked in at 2am and had to wait a little while and night worker was a little difficult to understand through the overnight check in window but not a problem. Good place for the rate.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I feel giving one star is being generous. My husband and I stayed here about 10 years ago and it was very nice and clean... NOT so anymore! We came to town because my Father is ill so our day trip turned into 2 days. We stayed here 2 weeks ago for one night and that will be our last night there. Our bed was hard and the pillows were flat, our non-smoking room smelled like a dirty ashtray, the shower walls had a years worth of soap scum, (you could have written your name in it), the tub didn't drain, and the hair dryer didn't work. The carpet needs replacing. I did check the mattress for bedbugs.... thank goodness we saw no signs. We did turn the heat up so we wouldn't need to use the dirty smelling covers. There is no excuse for the being dirty! If 50.00 gets you a dirty room I would have paid 75.00 for a clean room. For now on, we will drive to Dalton for a room. The road time is worth the piece of mind.

Room Tip: Drive to Dalton GA
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim P
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We live in Chatsworth and occassionally due to the weather our family has to get a room to avoid snowy roads where we live. We have stayed at this particular hotel more than once. Its very cheap and I know you get what you pay for. The rooms always have cob webs and things like that. Broken shower faucets, HORRIBLE pillows, etc. We have called the desk to ask for more pillows and were told they didnt have any more. We have overlooked all of this because its cheap and the only place in Chatsworth. We stayed there again last night and it will be our last! First off it is myself, my husband and our 3 children. We get in the room and have 3 towels. Our teenage daughters go to the desk to ask for more towels. The lady was not friendly at all to our girls. First asking who had rented the room and how many of us there were in there. When they responded saying 5, the lady said "he only paid for one bed." and then proceeded to give them ONE towel. At check in the gentleman never ask how many people were with us and like I said we have stayed here numerous times, paying the same price no matter who was with us. Later last night when we were all settling down to go to sleep one of our daughters discovered THREE tampons under the bed! This place is just nasty and we have learned our lesson and will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Go to Dalton!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberly B
Reviewed 2 March 2012

After the hotel I had reserved surprised me by being closed when I showed up, I went down the street to Key West. I'm in a comfortable room for a nice price, especially considering I walked in with no reservation. Nothing fancy, but a clean comfortable room. Only complaint would be a slight smoke odor in my non-smoking room.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank JanisAndDave
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I was in Chatsworth on business, and my choices were this or the other roach motel, the Best Western. Despite having an ideal location, there were hairs on the toilet, the non-smoking room smelled like smoke, the shower was louder than a lawn mower, the tub wouldn't drain, and the AC smelled like mold. The ten shirtless migrant workers in the parking lot looked at me like I was going to be their next victim after I watched them do a drug deal in front of my room. I don't know when the advertising photos were taken, but it wasn't in this decade. At least the desk guy refunded my unused nights when I ran for the Interstate hotels the first morning.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 June 2010

We stayed in this hotel for two weeks while waiting for our new house to be completed. The experience was very good. The people are very nice. They are very pet friendly, we have a chihuahua and a large doberman. No extra charge for them. We had a king bed fridge and microwave. High speed internet was good never a problem with it. Only thing that we did have a problem with was the telephone, it was messed up but it was fixed. We never used it anyway.
This place is quiet, clean and you can walk to Walgreens, Restaurants, Grocery stores, Little Ceasers etc.
Our weekly rate was so low I couldn't believe it, no place in Chatsworth comes close to this rate. NONE. It is as nice as an $75 a night hotel.

Stay here if your in Chatsworth it is worth it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Happyhorselady
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Fridge and microwave are nice. No clock in the room though, which was a little odd. My room and the adjoining room had Drain Flies, which were a little annoying.

Carpet was sticky and did not appear well maintained. Shower had streaks of shampoo on the walls, which I wiped off easily- not much effort made to clean up after previous occupant apparently. The shower also had large patches of mold under the wall ledges, and at the join between tub and wall. Grime in corners throughout the room. Beds and room furnishings were a little worn but adequate.

Location is good with Food Lion next door, and Bi Lo across the street.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Honora616

Been to Key West Inn Chatsworth? Share your experiences!