“Hotel needs Refurbishment.”

Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
Miami, Florida
“Hotel needs Refurbishment.”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in August to see Bryce Canyon. We are a family of 4, including two adult children. We stayed in a larger suite type room with two king beds which was nicer than the regular rooms. However, we encountered some issues that made our stay not satisfactory.
Pros: The beds were comfortable and the room very spacious because we got a bigger suite type room. The hotel is in a good location close to the entrance to Bryce.
Cons: On our last night, they completely forgot to clean our rooms. We got back late from the park and came in to our beds unmade, the towels on the floor, bathroom dirty.
The shower water temperature would constantly fluctuate and not stay at the desired temperature. It would get cold all of a sudden, then hot, etc, without us touching it. The room, I guess because it's so old, kept making these annoying noises which would wake us up in the middle of the night. I think the noises were coming from the plumbing or something. The hotel in my opinion, needs remodeling. In addition, we went to the restaurant inside the lobby and the food was terrible and the waitress was not very friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
rubys_inn_management, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
We do apologize that your room was not clean and prepared upon your return. We do hope you alerted staff to this issue during your stay. We have a long history here but we are constantly updating our property to meet the needs of our guests. Thank you for your feedback!

We appreciate your comments and hope to have you visit again! If we can be of assistance in the future, please contact us at 435-834-5341.

Manager's Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Diego
Reviewed 26 August 2014

As a owner of a travel agency, everytime I travel I think about my clients. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The service was horrible and I overheard a front desk agent yelling at a guest which should never happen. The hotel room was not clean. The brown comforter was dirty with spots and the bed sheets were really worn. The Wifi never worked the whole two nights I was there, which made me crazy. The best thing about the room is the wide screen television and that was it. Next time I visit Bryce, I will choose a different hotel and drive longer to enjoy my hotel more.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
We do apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us at Ruby's Inn. We do constantly update our property and we take our guest feedback seriously. We again apologize for the conduct of our front desk staff and we will continue to train them regarding professional conduct.

Manager's Assistant

Travellers are raving about these Bryce Canyon City hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was originally booked into the Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand over the road but they overbooked so my party was transferred to Ruby's Inn with some compensation for the inconvenience.
Hotel quite nice, bedroom comfortable, indoor pool was cold and there was a small hot tub.
Received free dinner buffet but glad I didn't pay for it as it was terrible, the worst meal of the entire three week holiday.
Breakfast was included but not taken as breakfast room jammed with other hotel guests an long queue.
Note: this hotel takes a lot of coach parties so if you want to eat here make sure it isn't at the same time as the coach parties.

Room Tip: Don't eat here, try somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank markwoodcock
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Arrived here as part of a bus tour, were disappointed we were not staying in the Best Western across the road, we felt like we kept being put in a motel type room and not in the main buildings, never mind the room was nice and big, we had a meal in the restaurant which was quite nice and we did not have to queue, we did use the swimming pool which was nice and relaxing and had a walk round the supermarket and shop they had. There was a nice shop across the road that sold rocks and fossil trees.The whole place seemed to be owned by the same owners and not a lot there really.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Well you can't beat the location which is pretty much at the entrance to Bryce Canyon.
Our room was adequate, nothing special but clean. (housekeeping did a great job freshening it up daily)
Restaurants were expensive and disappointing in menu and quality. I suggest a short drive to Bryce Canyon Pines Restaurant where we found the menu varied and food excellent.
There is very little in the way accommodations or restaurants in the area so they pretty much have you at their mercy and it shows.

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stay across the road! Just completed 3 week road trip. Stayed in 10 hotels. This was by far the worst (actually all other 9 we're great)! Check in staff we're rude and unhelpful. Don't get me started on buffet dinner. We were advised if we were in queue for restaurant at 9 pm we would be served. We were told to hurry up and order once seated at table as they were closing! Quick to take our money though! Two of seven on our group walked away and got a sandwich instead as waitress clearly didn't want to serve us. Rubys Inn may have been nice years ago but it's trying too hard to be something it's not! One plus - we did our laundry!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Suziewong123
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We got an end of summer deal, three nights for the price of two, which made this place affordable. I chose a king room which had two ridiculously large beds - way more than we needed. Approximately enough mattress space for an Alpine refuge to sleep eight climbers! We were allocated one of the many motel type buildings out the back of the hotel which felt a bit strange for a hotel but was very convenient for our luggage and food bags. Huge TV, two sinks (love it), reasonable bath, fixed shower head ok if you're six foot but no good for me washing my hair. I used a large yoghurt pot under the tap. Very practical but not exactly five star. The pool was very popular but a bit too busy for me.
Inside the main hotel reminded me of a Disney theme park and I had the distinct impression that Ruby's family owned the whole town. Wild West sepia photos, gift shop, "grocery" store, art gallery, museum (actually another shop but at $5,000 for a piece of petrified wood my brain assumed I was viewing not shopping). They even own the rodeo across the street.
It's all good, none of it is perfect but it is extremely conveniently located and gave us total freedom to explore the park at sunrise, sunset and fit in a relaxed afternoon siesta.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryce View Lodge
Bryce View Lodge
#3 of 6 in Bryce
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,033 reviews

Been to Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn? Share your experiences!