“My Favorite”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my go to for my Birthday each year. Beautiful on the lake views with the marina steps away. Have dinner, take a cruise and listen to the entertainment on weekends! There is a very famous country singer that sometimes shows up unannounced and plays with the band! Great FOOD and wonderful atmosphere!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Two good visits early this spring season leaves me hopeful and wanting to return. I believe efforts have been made to improve the food. Atmosphere has always been outstanding - the structure itself is something to behold - and dining dockside with a more than decent view of open water will always top my list. Easter brunch was decent enough for us to want to return the other day for dinner.

The three of us had drinks before dinner, marina level at Hawg Wild bar with Bridgette (bartending) and Karen (manager) who made us feel like long-time friends. My husband was really pleased to get an IPA. We dined upstairs in the open-air pavilion, listening to a talented, young guitarist, playing contemporary (how refreshing!) indie-type music (with a few good-old blues jams thrown in). I'm so tired of hearing old people (I'm old) playing old music! I want to hear music from this century!

But I'm happiest to say, the food has improved from chefs past! My husband had a colorful (translation - nutrient rich) penne pasta with shrimp, that was packed with flavor and comfort. I had a delicious salad (would have liked a larger portion) that fed my need for food as medicine, and a savory, hot cup of she-crab soup (could have been a bit "chunkier"). Health-minded son had a caesar salad and like me, could have eaten twice the portion. I'm encouraged by these 2018 experiences, and plan now to return with the entire family (grandkids included) as soon as next weekend. Karen tells me they're having a "Calypso party" and has gone to great efforts to plan activities to keep the kids engaged so the parents can enjoy themselves, too. Well done, so far owners and staff! We WANT you to do well, and to give you our business - keep it up! Request: More vegetarian and pescatarian options, including flat-bread. Better fish sandwich PLEASE (sorry to see the torpedo still on the menu, it's awful) - Wild caught Alaskan Salmon on grilled bread would make me SO HAPPY!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful setting and facility but the food was poor. We have been maybe half a dozen times but not recently.

It was Saturday night and the place was almost empty when we arrived. That proved to be a harbinger.

Allyssa was excellent but we were seated at a dirty table and in dirty chairs and the food lacked in most every way. The Prime Rib was mostly fat. I'm still amazed at what they plated as a baked potato as it was closer to the size of a new potato.

To make matters worse I've had dysentery all day.

I'm usually pretty generous with my TA feedback but weak effort is all I can say.

We won't go back until there's an ownership change which I'm guessing is
imminent.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We came upon this restaurant heading back home and noticed it was on Lake Burton. The menu has varied choices (check out the website) and the Black Bean Burger caught my eye. It was not spicy and it tasted GREAT! My mom decided on the quesadilla and it was HUGE! A very generous portion I might say and it was cooked perfect. A table near by ordered the Famous Fish and they said it was excellent! We shared an order of the Parmesan fries but we weren't overly excited about them (not Parmesany enough & they are thick). I know we will be back so I can try the Salmon Wrap. We had good service although the lunch took a little long to come out. It was nice to sit and relax and the wait was well worth it!! Enjoy the ambiance!! I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 12 February 2017

We were here in Feb. when the whole place was closed. But it was actually fun to have the place to ourselves b/c there are nice picture ops by the water. It's a very pretty stop off Scenic 197. It's cool, though, that they have 3 restaurant options for you here. We hope to go back. But what looks like a cheap eats Pig BBQ type place, a fancier restaurant behind it. And then a pizza place in a separate building. Love the architecture here too. Fun log cabin look. Nice mix of mountain and lake views.