“A quiet spot in the NE GA mtns” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glen-Ella Springs Inn

Glen-Ella Springs Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Clarkesville B&B and Inns
Atlanta
“A quiet spot in the NE GA mtns”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

The inn keepers Ed and Luci are delightful host. I was greeted by a friendly smile and by room was ready 1.5 prior to check in time. The room was warm and inviting. Very Cozy. There is a gathering space where you could watch tv hang out and meet other guest if you are so inclined. The view was wonderful and Miss Ann make amazing fresh cinnamon rolls/ biscuits and homemade strawberry jam. The pool was beautifully maintained, although too cool to use it. The fitness center is the beautiful terrain in which you can hike on God's tread mill. :) Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Ive never stayed here as we have a house nearby but the restaurant is really good. Be sure to make reservations.

• Stayed September 2011
beautiful north georgia mountains
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

the evening meal superb! tub bath- ahhh! cozy room- divine! Ed and Luci are delightful innkeepers. I treated myself to an overnight getaway not too far from home but felt like i'd been gone more than 24 hours!

Room Tip: not a bad room at the inn!
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

My wife and I received a warm welcome as soon as we arrived to the Inn. The innkeepers are extremely friendly and knowledgable about the area. They had so many ideas of what we could do, we were sad we could only stay one night. They gave us perfect directions to many terrific hikes and waterfalls.

We spent 4 hours hiking to one of the most gorgeous waterfalls we have ever seen. When we returned we took showers and relaxed before eating our hearts out. My wife had the Macadamia Chicken and I chose the Steak and Lobster. The steak was cooked perfectly and my wife loved her plate. We drank good wine and finished the night with lava cake. YUM! The service was terrific.

I would like to address a knock I have read about the Inn. The noise was sort of an issue in the queen room, we could hear people walking next door. But hey, its 120 years old...what do you expect?! Everyone person staying there was so nice, barely anybody made a peep in their rooms so it didn't hardly bother us. The price was $165 which included a gift basket. We paid for the kindness of the people, quaint atmosphere and unbelievable warmth from the Inn keepers. We are going back during the summer....it was 19 degrees in the evening, so we coulnd't explore the grounds.

Totally recommend! Thanks Ed & Luci Kivett!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gainesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

My husband and I woke up this morning, and the first thing I said was, "I don't want to leave!" My husband on the other hand said, "I can't wait to eat that breakfast!" :)

This was our second trip to Glen Ella Springs Inn, and it was even better than the first time. We stayed in one of the beautiful Penthouse Rooms on the third floor, and it was heaven!

Once again, we had great service as we scheduled our trip, the staff always being helpful and courteous with all my questions. Debbie is the best and on this trip we met many other staffers that really went out of their way to help. We also loved the Valentine's Day Special, as it allowed us to get away from our busy life. I was so glad when the email popped into my inbox, because my husband and I really never take time to look for these getaways, but when the special popped up, I knew I had to talk my husband into this trip. We are both so glad I did!

With two teens who play many sports and are just so busy, we live a hectic life, and to get away is a great luxury, but I have discovered it is so worth it to try. Talking my rather frugal husband into spending the money for a quick getaway, can be difficult, but after this time away, he admitted the trip was so worth it!

Just driving up to Glen Ella puts me in a relaxed mood. Checking in was a pleasure, and once I was in the room, I instantly felt all the stress leave me. We have stayed in a Queen room, and it was lovely, but what was so great about the Penthouse room was the character, ample size, and the fireplace. We immediately sat down in the comfortable chairs and just enjoyed talking and reading in front of the fire. The bed was so comfortable, and the robes were soft and smelled nice. I wanted to stay forever. I was looking forward to dinner, but I was so relaxed it was hard to leave!

Another thing we love about this inn is that they will make your dinner reservation, and dinner is steps away. Warm fireplaces and beautiful decor welcome you. It is so relaxing, and dinner last night was wonderful! We both agreed it was even better than the first time, and that time we also loved it. The salmon was so yummy...and the crab cakes...and chocolate cake...we felt pampered.

Both of us slept so well on the comfortable bed, and we would have wanted to sleep all day, but we knew the great breakfast was waiting for us. It was just as good as last time, and the service was excellent. So many choices to pick from and everything was fresh and wonderful.

We were sad to leave, but our memories will carry us over until we can have another quick getaway at Glen Ella. In a busy, hectic life with teenagers and meetings and jobs...it is so worth it to just take some time and rest, relax, and enjoy the beauty and hospitality of your inn.

We thank the innkeepers, Lucie and Ed for all they did to make our stay so wonderful. It is truly unique to find service that is so outstanding, and they go the extra mile to really make sure that their guests feel pampered and special as they get away from busy lives.

We hope to come back very soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely....from what I have seen as I peeked in a few. The Penthouse on the 3rd fl...
1 Thank GASooners
Clarkesville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

A much needed respite from the real world restored my spirits. Thanks to the individualized attention from Ed and Luci Kivett and their staff, my weekend away was extraordinary.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Glen-Ella Springs Inn was the perfect choice for our June wedding and reception. It was a truly magical experience! From Luci and her staff being so hands-on and respectfully paying attention to the fine details, to the delicious cuisine, the breathtaking ambience, and our luxurious penthouse suite my husband and I were thrilled with our experience there. The mountains of north Georgia provided this magical and relaxing backdrop for the rustic elegance of this beautiful and well appointed Inn. All of our guests were impressed with the quality of service, food, amenities, and the natural scenery. We had our nuptials in the garden under a wood arbor layered with green vines, and the grounds were immaculately groomed with colorful flowers in bloom and full trees providing a natural decor for our wedding. It was super convenient and cost-effective to utilize their pavillion, which is on the same grounds, for our reception. My husband and I have already started talking about celebrating our 1st year Anniversary at Glen-Ella Springs Inn. It was simply a gorgeous day, and just what we'd imagine for our BIG DAY. Thanks so much Luci!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarkesville
Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant
Lake Chatuge Lodge
Lake Chatuge Lodge
#3 of 6 in Hiawassee
Unicoi State Park & Lodge

Been to Glen-Ella Springs Inn? Share your experiences!