Beechwood Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront porchother guestsb bsaturday nightfarm to tablevineyard roomwine cellarwine and appetizersget awayblueberry cottageevery eveningcrackersliving areasoft sheetssous chefprivate decklocal ingredients
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This place is an absolutely enchanting place! It warms you heart and feeds your soul. There are delights at every turn. The Inn is a flawless marriage of modern conveniences with immaculate updated high end finishes and rich history in hospitality of endless charm. I planned this weekend as a surprise for my new husband as a mini honeymoon/birthday experience and it far exceeded my and his expectations. I purchased the Romance Package with a couple of add-ons and they further enhanced the experience. They even had birthday candle pancakes and heart shaped baked eggs! I'm convinced they would make any occasion especially wonderful. You would be missing an experience of a lifetime not coming here. Thank you Jim and Susan! Look forward to seeing you soon :)

• Stayed: March 2014
DDarugh, Owner at Beechwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Very nice words about Beechwood Inn and your visit, and I especially appreciate hearing about Jim and Susan, our interim innkeepers while we were away from the inn for two weeks. Jim and Susan have been our interim innkeepers for about 12 years and it is nice to know that they go out of the way to make a memorable and wonderful experience for our guests. I will forward your kind words to them as well as they will be happy to hear of your praise. Again, I am glad you had a great experience at Beechwood inn.
David Darugh
Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed 10 March 2014

David and Gail are the best host. We loved the cozy room, with all of the special details. The Food and Wine weekend was a great way to celebrate my husbands birthday. We had a perfect weekend at the Beechwood Inn!

Room Tip: we have stayed in 3 different rooms and found them all to be great!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Pam:

Glad we helped Alan have a wonderful birthday. We look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards
David and Gayle
Innkeepers

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband & I spent 3 wonderful evenings at the Beechwood Inn. Our room was spacious, well appointed & boasted a romantic fireplace. The Inn is filled with period antiques & large comfortable front porch for relaxing. The "wine thirty" each evening is a treat to savor some unique local wines, paired with Chef Dave's delectable appetizers.
Breakfast each morning was fresh, local & scrumptious! We had the privilege to experience a wonderful meal Saturday evening prepared by Dave & Gayle. They are both worthy of their Best Chefs of America recognition.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim S
DDarugh, Owner at Beechwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Kim: I enjoyed talking with you and Richard during your visit. I am pleased you found your room comfortable and romantic. Wine-thirty offers us the opportunity to meet our guests, sip some wine and offer suggestions on things to entertain you while visiting the North Georgia Mountains. And thanks for the big compliment about our Saturday Night Chef’s Table Dinner. Your visit coincided with one of our special “Wild Food Dinners.” We characterize our wild foods events as a little off the Eaten Path. Best Regards, David

Reviewed 6 January 2014

What a wonderful B&B! Our Host and Hostess were very hospitable, the accommodation was lovely and the food was top notch. If you ever find yourselves in Clayton, GA, there is no other choice but the Beechwood Inn!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Beechwood Inn. We know visitors have choices on where to stay when in Clayton – so we kindly appreciate your recommendation. Gayle Darugh

Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you've never stayed at the Beechwood Inn, you've missed a treat. If you haven't stayed for one of David's "Food and Wine" weekends, consider yourself deprived of the most amazing culinary experience around this area. And if you've never stayed at the Beechwood Inn for the New Year's celebration...well, too bad for you. This was the second year for the six of us to make this our special time together at the Beechwood. And again David and Gayle, along with John (the new assistant chef?) and the wonder staff, made this another unforgettable night for us. From the pre-dinner entertainment (a fun bluegrass trio) with wine and appetizers to the last of the 6 (or was it 7?) course dinner and on to the midnight Champagne toast we consider this to be the best of the best for our celebration. Well done, David and Gayle!

Room Tip: We especially love the Rose Cottage room upstairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you Nancy! Gayle and I love your visits and we compliment your friends as well. They are wonderful lifelong buddies. I agree, the New Year’s Eve music this year was great and I will thank the musicians for you. We try to make each New Year’s Celebration entertaining, fun and of course a special treat for food and wine enthusiasts. I am glad we succeeded again this year. Hope to see you soon. David and Gayle