“THE local place to eat when visiting this area!”

Mama G's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 56 Restaurants in Clayton
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mama G's is a single-location, family-owned Italian restaurant serving pizza, pasta, steaks, and seafood. Our salads are made from freshly chopped greens and vegetables, and our rolls, pizza dough, and sauces are made in-house, fresh everyday. Every dish is made fresh, nothing frozen or pre-made. Please allow us time to prepare your food to order. Business hours may vary according to season. Please call ahead to check or to make reservations for large parties.
Canton, Georgia
“THE local place to eat when visiting this area!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The "go to place:. Sometimes crowded, but this is because the food is consistently good. They offer a wide range of home cooked Italian food, with large portions, at great prices.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jenny R

Otto, North Carolina
“Consistently Good Italian Food”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Mama G's is a family oriented restaurant for casual dining. Parking is in the back, and you enter through a large patio area set up with tables for outside dining. The inside is spacious and offers seating at tall tables, regular tables, and booths. Be aware that they get busy at dinner time (even during the week if there are large parties), so there is often a wait. There is seating outside to accommodate this. They offer a full bar. Service is friendly and usually attentive. The menu is not huge, but offers all the basics and also some seafood an chicken dishes. Their meat, marinara, and alfredo sauces all are good and taste fresh. The garlic rolls are served brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with shaved parmesan and are absolutely delicious. The salads are ample but only the house dressing is fresh...others are served in packets. My friend always gets the lasagna; I am partial to the tri-color tortellini with alfredo sauce. The portions are big.....I usually take some home. The pizzas are loaded with toppings. I ate the eggplant parmesan on my last visit, and while it was good, the eggplant was soggy rather than crisp, and they skimped on the cheese. If you are a sports fan, there are televisions to keep you up-to-date on the scores.

Signal Mountain, Tennessee, United States
“Still undecided about this one...”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stopped in for dinner after receiving rave reviews from the locals. Waitress was friendly and helpful. We both ordered salads. Nothing special here but good. My husband had the chicken
parmesan. I had the lasagna. Mine arrive piping hot on a tin pizza pan in a bowl. This was a surprise but okay. There were only two noodles in the entire dish. The ground beef was all on one side and very little cheese. Surprised..to say the least. The chicken parmesan was laying on a bowl of spaghetti with a little sauce on top. Cold in the center of the chicken. that's it. I suggest he order a side of meat sauce for his spaghetti since the bowl was full. The waitress brought the tomato marinara. he ate it anyway. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing....but we did not go back while in the area.

1 Thank Linda R
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
“Great food - great service - fun friendly and tasty”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just an awesome family style vibe with great food and service. I love the interior as it feels like I am in a mountain lodge or something.
My second time and I LOVED it!!!!!
The serve the little Coronas - Coronitas which are fun in buckets :)

1 Thank GrandviewCayman
Athens, Georgia
“Delicious Italian Food”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was a first visit for our family. The place looks small and unassuming from the street, but there is ample parking in the back so don't let that fool you.

They have lots of seating, bar, high top tables, booths, and an outdoor, covered patio.. We chose a booth and it was comfortable for all. They have a nice appetizer menu, it includes seafood dishes and various breads. We chose the garlic rolls and they were good, but I think the cheesy bread would've been better. It comes with a side of marinara. (the rolls did not).

The menu is not very large for dinner, but they had some nice choices, and several different types of raviolis. I had the chicken parmasean, my son the fettacine alfredo w/ grilled chicken and my husband had a calzone. The prices are decent; they will run about $10-$15 a plate and add ons like meatballs or italian sausage are $1.75 and chicken and shrimp are $3.50. The calzones start around $8 with $1 for any exrta toppings other than cheese.

The dishes. My chicken parm was.. ok. I think chicken breast was previously frozen and not very crispy at all. In fact, even though I didn't have much sauce on my place, it was quite soggy. I would've been happier w/ the spagetti and meatballs w/ meat sauce, that sauce was Excellent.

My son had the fettucine alfredo. I must say, that was one of THE BEST dishes I've ever had. The sauce was very creamy and cheesy and just had a wonderful flavor. We were disappointed in the chicken though. While tasty, the piece was very very small, and with the fettucine being one of the more expensive dishes, with the addition of that, it was over $16. The portion was quite skimpy for both the meat and pasta. He definitely finished it all and wanted more.

My husband's calzone was quite large though. It came with a heaping side of marinara. While he is a vegetable lover the veggies inside were just about raw. They didn't get hot enough inside to cook any. He wasn't very fond of that.

The service was good, she kept the guys' drinks filled. It took a bit for the food to come out, but that was ok too since it was the height of dinnertime.

I would recommend this place and will eat there again. I would like to try the pizzas. They have a large variety and the prices were about par. I noticed many people enjoying them.

• Visited May 2014