Kingwood Country Club & Resort
Americas Best Value Inn(Clayton)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$67
US$62
US$88
US$83
Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant(Lakemont)(Great Value!)
US$151
Travelocity
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.(Highlands)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$90
US$163
The Park On Main Hotel(Highlands)(Great Value!)
US$240
All reviewsgolf courseindoor poolhot tubplay golfspa treatmentspro shopfitness centerlooked greathiking traillocker roomlarge balconygirls weekendtennis courtsexcellent golfhot buffet breakfastgorgeous scenerynumerous times
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My family and I stayed at this resort on Decemer 29th 2010. I had a spa appointment and when I arrived, there was NO ONE at the front to help me..which was very unprofessional. Second when I was filling out my form for my teatment I was told to bring it back to the receptionist (who had just walked in) but when I was done she was NO WHERE to be found. I had to wait for her to return, this was about 5 minutes. When I finally got my robe to change into, the locker key they had provided me, did not have a key on it, so I had to go get another one. I finally got changed and ready. I was greeted by my therapist and she took me in the room. The room was NOT AT ALL what I expected, very out dated! Dirty carpet, the cabinets were dirty and needed wshing down, the sink was dirty, even the sheets were dirty and the top blanket had some kind of stain on it....GROSS !!! The massage its self was great. except you could here the telephone ringing while you were getting your massage AND the indoor pool was like right next to the room I was in so you could hear ALL the noise....NOT AT ALL peaceful!!!!!!! I would go back (just for the massage) but due to very unprofessional people at the spa...mainly the people who work the front, and the NASTY NASTY spa area...I would NOT recomind anyone every waisting there time or their money at a place like this. Not if what you are wanting is a good experiance that is a nice clean quiet atmosphere...becuse you AR NOT going to get it at this place.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sammybob02
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at a friends cabin in Clayton. As my wedding present to him I got us a golf lesson because his work has started having gold outings. We had sooo much fun! I have never played golf before and I was hitting balls up across the green and he helped my husband's stance. David was so nice to us during our lesson and made us feel extremely comfortable durning our entire lesson, he even offered to set us up with a couch here in Atlanta. He taught us about golf and treated us like new friends, even gave us some marriage advice :). We will defiantly be going back to see him next time we are in Clayton!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michaela W
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed at Kingwood this past weekend for a friend's wedding! We (my friends and I) had a blast and would definately come back to stay for leisure time. The girl at the front desk who checked us into our rooms/condos was exceptionally nice! She told us everything we needed to know and even made us extra keys when one of us got locked out of our room. The Saturday night of the wedding our server was the same girl at the front desk. She was particularly kind and got us all the drinks we needed!! It was nice to see one attractive server in the restaraunt and she was working hard the whole night. (Although she refused to hang out with my buddies after) I also spoke with a lady at the front desk named Joy who was pleasent to speak with. Thanks to the restaraunt staff and front desk staff for an awesome weekend!! We will be backl

Room Tip: The condos were by far much nicer. And at a great rate!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank k_sloan14
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights last week for a friend's wedding. The company and the reception were the only good things about my stay here. From the moment we checked in, the front desk (the lady's name was Joy and she was hardly joyful) screwed up the bride and groom's reservations. They were not even apologetic and did not offer anything for the inconvenience. The wi-fi connection was a joke. The free breakfast was the same butter-drenched items everyday. I didn't even eat it and couldn't find a single person to ask for a bagel instead. I can't believe they had the nerve to leave a tip jar on the serving bar! It got cold at night so we turned on the heat in our room, which smelled like fire. Sure enough, the fire alarm went off seconds later. The cherry on top for me was that on the day of the wedding, the front desk lady gave us WRONG directions to the church! We missed the bride walking down the aisle :( The rooms were ok and the golf course was nice, but the customer service was so poor that it prompted me to take the time to write a review, which I have never done before. I HIGHLY suggest staying somewhere else in Clayton, Georgia. But while you're there, you must eat at The Mexican Store. It was absolutely delicious! We ate there twice! The wedding reception was lovely but that was thanks to the efforts of the bride and groom and their families.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kaity_FL
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I decided to go check out the fall foliage in North Georgia last weekend. Since this was an unplanned trip, we did not book any hotel room in advance. Nearly every place we called while driving was fully booked for the peak weekend until we found Kingwood Resort. Not only did they allow one night stay on weekend, the rate was only $99 including breakfast!

Kingwood was a lovely place to stay. There was a wedding reception at the main dining room when we checked in that night which looked romantic with huge chandeliers hanging from the original wood ceiling. Being an event planner myself, I decided I must check out the facility in the morning so after breakfast, I took a little tour with Mr. Jefferson Giles, the banquet manager. They had built an outdoor altar near the golf course which looked great for an outdoor wedding ceremony. Mr.Giles also shared the wedding packages information with me and the prices were very reasonable.

After the short tour, my husband and I even found time to check ou the hiking trail within the resort which ended at a small waterfalls. Overall, I found this resort stay to be very relaxing. Perhaps next time I should book a spa treatment at the full service spa if I have more time. We also drove around after check out to look at the condos that were situated at the other side of the resort away from the hotel rooms. I think the condos can be a great option if there are gatherings for friends and families and you need more than a standard hotel room.

If you are looking for a quick getaway from Atlanta, you should definitely check out the Kingwood resort!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple