The staff is fantastic - thank goodness because the rest of this resort needs some TLC. Our room was less than perfect but the staff offered to move us and apologized for the condition of our room. We managed to fix the sliding door so that was good, we managed to get the sliding door to the bathroom back on it's track so that was good. There were other problems that we didn't address but that was ok. The town is totally closed on Sunday so don't plan on going to Clayton, GA on a Sunday for dinner - we had snacks in our room and that was good because we had a wonderful late lunch at the Rusty Bike Cafe and we weren't that hungry. The resort offered breakfast free but it was only continental on Monday but they actually cooked us some scrambled eggs and sausage and biscuits - way more than requested so that was good. Breakfast is only from 8:00 on and we were leaving before that so we didn't do breakfast the second day but that was ok. The golf course was only just waking up to spring and the grass was still brown but we enjoyed it anyway. It is definitely a challenging course and the 18th hole is incredibly difficult at the end of a long day but that was ok too. Like I said the staff was so nice that we really didn't care about all the problems and I'm sure in another month it will be much better - we felt like it was our own personal resort and that was ok with us. As you can see we don't require perfection and the price was right but I do think people need to know that you shouldn't visit Clayton, GA until late April at the earliest to experience the best it has to offer. Having said all this it was an ok visit - just ok - certainly not worth a return trip. Cudos again to the staff - they did the best they could. The outdoor pool was not open but it looked nice and the tennis courts looked to be satisfactory but we didn't use them so I'm no sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Getting away from it all has never been so convenient. With luscious dining options, world-class golf, hair-raising adventure opportunities, and plush lodgings - all accompanied by the stunning mountain views, Kingwood Resort is the perfect vacation retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kingwood Country Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingwood Country Club Hotel Clayton
- Kingwood Country Club And Resort