“Nice Getaway ”

Ranked #4 of 7 Clayton B&B and Inns
Mauldin, South Carolina
“Nice Getaway ”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are on our last stay of 4 nights here. It has been a very relaxing time. The staff are very courteous and friendly. We came here to celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary and could not been happier with the food and service. We ate in the restaurant last evening to celebrate our anniversary. The food was outstanding. We unfortunately couldn't get in to get a massage with our vouchers ; but hopefully next time we will. Thank you staff for a great time.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
elizabeth r, Director of Sales at Kingwood Country Club & Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your anniversary celebration with us. I am sorry that you were not able to get a Spa appointment during your stay but hope that you will return again to give the Spa another try.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Came here for a weekend getaway, based on the website it looked great. It was ok. The room smelled of stale cigarette smoke as did our neighbors. The breakfast was lacking on healthier items such as fruit and yogurt. It was better than most hotels breakfast. The spa was great. They were very friendly and clean. The staff at the resort and spa were excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that might have been newly remodeled or added to avoid stale odors.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
elizabeth r, Director of Sales at Kingwood Country Club & Resort, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us but do apologize for the room odor. Our housekeeping staff strives to keep the rooms very clean and smelling fresh. The breakfast buffet usually has some healthy items such as fruit and yogurt so not sure why these were not available to you. We hope you will come back for a return visit soon.
Paintsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Pros very friendly staff, clean rooms, nice beds and bedding, pretty scenery
cons bugs in room, need new tvs, cold breakfast bar, and weak luggage rack, parking was excellent and staff always willing to meet your needs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We are glad you enjoyed your stay here but sorry you had a few issues. As far as the TV's we are in the process of upgrading the rooms with new equipment. The breakfast buffet varies each day with hot and cold items. We hope you will have a return visit with us to see all of the improvements.
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Kingwood Golf club is just AWESOME - it has always been good but I guess the new management has stirred things up and it is now EXCELLENT. Louis? - he always checks me in for golf and is so friendly and helpful and of course the good ole fashioned country welcome when you walk throughout he front door of the pro shop is very comforting :)
Played there twice on this trip and Robert - I think his last name is Webb - greeted me both times and ensured I felt VERY welcome! On both occasions - and this is new for me - he followed me to my car to get my clubs and got them on the cart plus was very friendly. When I finished my round he cleaned my clubs and reminded me not to forget anything - week I was about to get in my car when he said - "See you almost did!" and handed me my cell phone - thanks Robert :) The course is in good condition and only will get better with the spring and summer approaching. Love the challenging doglegs - gorgeous scenery and close location to Clayton and my home in Tiger - I paid $49 for cart and round. I think it's a must play course in the Georgia mountains - tell Robert and Sunny Max said hi :)

Room Tip: Did not stay.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
We are glad you enjoyed your experience on our golf course and with our staff. The staff all strive to make our guests feel welcome and hope they have a wonderful time with us.
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I grabbed two nights at this resort for a mini vacation, and are so glad we did. This resort is nestled in a beautiful mountain area, and the staff were eager to make our stay pleasant and fun. We enjoyed access to the spa with hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas, a large indoor pool, and fitness center. Our room was spacious and nicely laid out, with a large private balcony and wonderful view. Do dine at the resort restaurant - a wonderful menu and everything we ordered was 5 star delicious! We enjoyed the old lovely architecture of the clubhouse and surrounding buildings. If we had more time we would have visited the many hiking trails in the area. Highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the place! They all face the same direction with a nice...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
We try hard to make sure everyone enjoys their stay with us and it is always nice to hear such wonderful comments such as yours. We are pleased you had a nice time and hope you will return soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our group of six (three couples) recently booked our reservations with the delightful Amanda. She was fabulous and most gracious, as she gathered all our information and selected rooms next to each other. She also shared many helpful tips to enhance our upcoming visit. What exceptional customer service! We felt like we were family, and we are anxious to visit Kingwood Resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind words about one of our staff. All of the staff try hard to make everyone feel welcome and have an enjoyable visit.
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We visited for 2 nights with 3 other couples. The rooms were clean and roomy. Loved the large balconies . The men really enjoyed the golf course and the ladies had a great shopping day in Clayton. The negative attitude by the bartender on our first night definitely affected our overall experience. We did not return for dinner or drinks the second night. Hiring a friendlier, more professional bartender would truly improve the ambience of this resort in a beautiful setting.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so sorry to hear about your experience with one of our staff. We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome. I wish you had given our Restaurant another chance to show you how good the food is and how friendly our wait staff are. We hope you will return some day and give us that second chance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Americas Best Value Inn
Beechwood Inn
Beechwood Inn
#2 of 7 in Clayton
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages

Been to Kingwood Country Club & Resort? Share your experiences!