We visit Kingwood at least once a year with our children (teens). We are always happy here. The views from the decks are soothing, the price is reasonable, and it comes with breakfast! There is an outdoor pool that you can see from your room. There is also an indoor pool but every time we have been there the indoor pool was freezing. In the morning you can walk to the restaurant for breakfast and if enough people are staying at the resort the breakfast is really good. Biscuits,gravy,bacon,eggs,grits,coffee and juice. The view while eating is over the golf course and mountains.
There is a ton of stuff to do nearby. If you take a left out of the resort and go several miles to the S.C. border there is a parking area on the left. From there you can walk down a paved road to the river or walk halfway down then take a trail to the right and go to Bull Sluice rapids to watch the kayakers and whitewater rafters come through. It is also an area to swim and jump off a ledge into the water. It is a little precarious walking on the slick rocks and I make my children wear life vests 9because I am a smother mother).
Also nearby is Tallulah gorge with awesome hiking. Black rock mountain state park is also near.
The Dillard house is nearby and has awesome food but is kind of pricey if you take a family.
I forgot to mention the rooms are an older style but they are always sparkling clean and have a fridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Getting away from it all has never been so convenient. With luscious dining options, world-class golf, hair-raising adventure opportunities, and plush lodgings - all accompanied by the stunning mountain views, Kingwood Resort is the perfect vacation retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Kingwood Country Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingwood Country Club And Resort
- Kingwood Country Club Hotel Clayton