“It was a ok stay”
Review of Days Inn Clayton

Days Inn Clayton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Clayton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is located right off of the main road in town, but was very quiet and reasonably priced. I was somewhat surprised to see that they had smoking rooms, but since I don't smoke, I got the non-smoking room, which was clean and fresh.

The staff (I mainly spoke with Andy, the owner) was very friendly and attentive. I forgot my toothpaste and razor and he had them on hand to give to me.

The room was used just for sleeping, however, my wife and I did not hear road noise like others.

If you need an inexpensive place to lay your head for the night in this area, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back off of the main road are less noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff R
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Thank you for your review. We strive to give our guests the best stay we can.

Sincerely.

Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2014

While it is true that this hotel is right on the main road, our room was very clean, and had a fresh smell to it. The service was friendly and helpful. There are only two tables in the breakfast area, but other seating is close by. There was hot ready-made oatmeal, bananas, bagels, good orange and cranberry juices, for breakfast, among other things. For the Wyndham Reward member, this hotel gives good bonus points. Our one complaint was the thin walls, we could hear our neighbors TV. We ate at the newly opened Bellas for dinner and the food was awesome!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 90joyful100
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This motel is located on the main highway through town, so you can expect to hear road noise all night, especially trucks and motorcycles. Even the loud air conditioner did little to mitigate the noise. The room was a typical motel room in an older property. I did not expect much more than that from a motel in this price point. We did not have difficulty getting our door to open, but the people next door did every single time they came and went from their room. The bathroom is small and cramped. They skimp badly on the towels. Small, kind of threadbare and certainly not enough towels for two people - especially when one is female.

I can't comment on any breakfast items, as we breakfasted at some small cafes in the area and they were fine. My biggest gripe about my experience was the WIFI. My pc picked up four different "days inn" wifi signals, but none of them seemed to work with the password we were given. I called the front desk to ask about it, but the woman barely spoke English and basically said she had no idea what to tell me. So I messed around for a while and did get connected to one of the options, only to have my browser redirect me to another website where I had to watch a stupid video before I could do anything else. OK, I watched the stupid video. Then I got online and after about 10 minutes the wifi crapped out and I had to go through the whole stupid process all over again. This happened every single time I tried to go online, so after a while I just gave up and put the computer away. The second day I stopped in at the front desk to ask about the wifi, and once again just got a blank look from the clerk who said she had no idea what I was talking about.

I think if I travel to the area again I will rent a cabin through VRBO or maybe stay at the Quality Inn down the street.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your response. We try to meet and exceed what our brand standards require. We are always happy to supply any extras if requested. We are sorry if we missed something.

Sincerely

Andy Patel

Travellers are raving about these Clayton hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This place is right on the highway and you can hear the road traffic all night . All rooms face directly onto the highway. The pool looks great but is open and facing the highway. Who wants to swim with everyone watching!. The rooms are very run down. The air conditioning is useless and the controls were all broken It was really hot all night. The towels are thin and horrid. The outside lights are kept on all night and shine in the window even withe the drapes drawn tight, the doors and paint work are filthy. They couldn't even find my booking from booking.com so I had to pay again and fight it out later. Don't even talk about the breakfast. It was pitiful and very merge. DO Not Stay here. Find somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else. Don't go there if you know what is good for you. There are way better hot...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julietta W
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. There are just some things we have no control over. We try to make each stay the best it can be. Please know that we appreciate any review to help us get better.

Sincerely
Andy Patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 3 in Dillard
Mountain Valley Inn
Mountain Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Days Inn Clayton? Share your experiences!