We booked a family room which consisted of a double bed, single (sofa) bed and a single size camp bed. All were fine - not overly comfortable but fine for a night. Disappointed that it was a double bed though as the last time we stayed in a Premier Inn it was a kingsize (also in a family room).
Room was clean and warm, and separate to the main building. No problems with noise and the reception staff were nice. They offered the kids some sweets while they were checking our room was ready.
We ate at the attached Brewers Fayre - the service on the Saturday night wasn't great but the staff on at breakfast were lovely and very helpful.
Location too was fine as we were travelling to and from Aberdeen by car.
Overall, it was a good stay but the double bed would make us reconsider staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Decisions, decisions. Do you spend time exploring the scenery of North East Scotland, or do you head straight into Aberdeen for all the shopping, leisure and business facilities it has to offer? Premier Inn Hotel Aberdeen South (Portlethen) puts you within easy reach of whatever you decide to do. See where the crown jewels were hidden from Cromwell with a visit to the ruined medieval fortress of Dunnottar Castle. Or visit a real gem for garden lovers, Duthie Park and the exotic plants of the Winter Gardens. And don't miss the precious stone of Aberdeen itself, with the shimmering silver of the granite buildings and landmarks. Mouth-watering food awaits you back at the hotel, courtesy of our Brewers Fayre restaurant, as well as extra-comfy beds. This Premier Inn is located near a major road, bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise. Please note that all twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. Directions: On A90, take 2nd exit for Portlethen from either direction and follow signposts for Badentoy Park. The hotel is on the right. Next to the Mains of Balquharn Brewers Fayre. Sat nav postcode: AB12 4YD Transport and local information: Portlethen & Stonehaven Golf Course Aberdeen Shopping Sunset Boulevard Beach Portlethen Train Station 2 miles Aberdeen Airport 12 miles Aberdeen Ferry 10 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Aberdeen South Hotel Aberdeen
- Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel Scotland