“Close enough without the price hike”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portlethen
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Close enough without the price hike”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a lovely modern hotel attached to a Brewers Fayre. It's only a 10-15 minute drive into Aberdeen City Centre, so close enough for a without having to pay extra for the City and struggling for avaiavailability in the Oil Capital! The meal deal is great value, and the quality of the food is great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen). Your feedback is very important to us and we are delighted that you had a good stay and you found our location convenient.
The meal deal is good value for money and very please you found the quality of food great and will pass this feedback to the restaurant .
We look forward to welcomimg you back in the near future.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

lovely setting in leafy quiet area yet handy for main roads

Excellent staff service -couldn't do enough to help

welcoming and attentive to detail

WILL VISIT AGAIN

VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY

ROOMS SPOTLESS AND ROOMY

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We're so pleased to hear that you had such a lovely stay with us here at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Prestwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

the hotel was very fresh modern and very clean at all times enjoyable stay, comfortable and relaxing rooms. Not much to complain about only small thing, I felt the room was a little dark could of done with a main light rather than just lamps apart from that all good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Many thanks for your review.
Your feedback is very important to us and we are delighted that you had a comfortable stay.
At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively priced.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Aberdeen South(Portlethen) in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Generally just ok.
Room rate - expensive
Food - unimaginitive and expensive
Rooms - temperature was too high and no way to cool the room. Noisy with doors banging through the night. No towels one day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively prices, your feedback is very much appreciated and the comments have been passed on to our Marketing Team.

We are sorry that your room was hot and noisy. It is matters to us that you have a comfortable nights sleep and your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up with the team.

Scottish Borders
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here for three nights when visiting family. As a wheelchair user I wanted to have the ability to wash daily, which is not possible at the family that I was visiting. I would say first of all that every member of staff I encountered was friendly, polite and helpful too.
When I got into my bedroom there was an obvious line of fag ash on the inside window sill - underneath the window sticker saying Smoking is prohibited inside the premises. We told the lady at reception and it was all taken away with no fuss.
The bedroom was a typical Premier Inn disabled room; it had a bath where a shower is a bit easier for me. I managed the bath fine every day but I would warn people to mind the soap dish, I have a cracker of a bruise where I hit my arm of it. I think there could have been another vertical grab rail on the wall by the shower to make get in and out the bath a bit easier - I had to make do with the shower rail instead.
When I stayed here Aberdeen was having absolutely gorgeous weather, so very hot. My room was at the front of the hotel where everybody has a fag. Whenever I opened my window for air I invariably got a whole lot of cigarette smoke coming in. I think either a smoking shelter further away from the front of the hotel or the rooms further away. It wasn’t always the quietest at night; I could hear people most nights.
On the whole the breakfasts were good. I enjoyed muesli and toast, where my mum enjoyed her cooked breakfast. My aunty had cereal and the fruit compote unfortunately it was still defrosting and not the most pleasant to eat. On the final day I was bored with muesli and opted for Coco Pops. These were in a dispense machine with the Bran Flakes and Corn Flakes, I think they had been opened for quite a while they were soft.
The bar has a soft play area and a playground too. We took my nephew and niece there one day, they always really like it - they are regulars. They have a disabled toilet in the pub/play area which is very good; there are toilet seats adaptations for toddler bottoms and a step too.
I think the hotel is best suited for people who only stay fleetingly for one night. The three nights was pushing it.
The staff were very good I must say again, I don’t want it to look as if it’s all bad. I have had much better Premier Inn experiences at other hotels in the chain.

Room Tip: Ask where your room would be and try to get the back of the hotel, should be quieter and less smoke...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NBr_13
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with everything they need to have a comfortable stay, and apologise that on this occasion it did not provide what you required. Some of the Premeier Inn sites are equiped with full disabled facilities, including wet rooms, though some of the older sites still need updating. We do however state the available faclities on our website and would advise customers to contact the hotel to check availability.
Please be assured all your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the team.
The feedback regarding the retaurant will be passed on their Management Team.
Your feedback is very much appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the near future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stopped here since Stoneheaven was a bit pricey for just the one night and it was surprisingly spacious, clean, neat... Better than a bed and breakfast. Good sleep and good water pressure. Loved it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your review. Its great to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us here at Premier Inn Aberdeen South(Portlethen)
It remains our objective to provide a high standard of service and we so pleased you feel we achieved this. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Premier Inn when you tour again in the future.
Thanks Once again for taking the time to review your stay .

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel was clean and comfortable, I could even check in a couple of hours before official check in time. The staff were courteous and very helpful, arranging a number of taxis for the wedding guests. The brewers fayre supplied an okay breakfast which helped the hangovers, the location was ideal and was close to the wedding venue.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank AlphaMike448 .
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Aberdeen South.
We are happy that we could go the "Extra Mile" with allowing you to check in early so that you could get ready for your wedding.
We as a team make every effort to make all our guests happy with the facilities we provide.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another visit and maybe even for you to attend another wedding.

Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlethen
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel
Ship Inn
Ship Inn
#1 of 1 in Stonehaven
Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel? Share your experiences!