I stayed here for one night whilst in the ares for a business appointment. The Premier Inn brand is good because you always know what to expect. This hotel has had a significant extension in recent years and is still very difficult to get a room at (unless you're staying for more than 1 or 2 nights). Check in was busy when I arrived but the receptionist acknowledged me when I arrived so I didn't feel like I was being ignored.
Security considerations for females travelling alone are better than in most hotels, and that can't ever be understimated in my opinion.
I had a very peaceful night's sleep in a spacious room with no noise interruptions.
There is ample car parking onsite. There is a neighbouring pub-restaurant for breakfast service (which is absolutely fine) and meals. I didn't eat here in the evening but chose to order from a local takeaway using justeat.co.uk instead, although in hindsight the price and quality of food probably would have been better in the adjoining restaurant
I had been trying to get a room for another one-night stay in March but the website and central reservations insisted the hotel was fully booked, but thanks to the lovely morning receptionist at check out a room was made available for me and for that I am very grateful, Good quality service, comfortable night's sleep, all-in-all a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Decisions, decisions. Do you spend time exploring the scenery of North East Scotland, or do you head straight into Aberdeen for all the shopping, leisure and business facilities it has to offer? Premier Inn Hotel Aberdeen South (Portlethen) puts you within easy reach of whatever you decide to do. See where the crown jewels were hidden from Cromwell with a visit to the ruined medieval fortress of Dunnottar Castle. Or visit a real gem for garden lovers, Duthie Park and the exotic plants of the Winter Gardens. And don't miss the precious stone of Aberdeen itself, with the shimmering silver of the granite buildings and landmarks. Mouth-watering food awaits you back at the hotel, courtesy of our Brewers Fayre restaurant, as well as extra-comfy beds. This Premier Inn is located near a major road, bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise. Please note that all twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. Directions: On A90, take 2nd exit for Portlethen from either direction and follow signposts for Badentoy Park. The hotel is on the right. Next to the Mains of Balquharn Brewers Fayre. Sat nav postcode: AB12 4YD Transport and local information: Portlethen & Stonehaven Golf Course Aberdeen Shopping Sunset Boulevard Beach Portlethen Train Station 2 miles Aberdeen Airport 12 miles Aberdeen Ferry 10 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Premier Inn, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Aberdeen South Hotel Aberdeen
- Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel Scotland