“Hidden mountain gem”

Mountain Fresh Creamery
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Clermont
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This small family owed farm and creamery is a must stop if you are in the area. Outside you'll find the "silo" where you can order shakes and ice cream by the scoop. But also be sure to visit the store inside for some take home goodies.

You'll always find milk, often milked from the cow and bottled the same day. They do not have all types of milk all of the time as this is a fresh made operation. If they make a batch and run out, they're out til they make more. But you'll usually find at the minimum whole milk, low fat and chocolate milk. Buttermilk shows up from time to time as does cream, and expect eggnog during the holidays.

In addition to milk you'll find ice cream of various flavors, again whatever they've made recently. And it is not uncommon to find butter and cheese. In addition to stuff made by the family, they also feature other local items from other farms on occasion such as sausage, ground beef and even vegetables when in season.

I have to say this is the best milk and ice cream I've ever had. I'm not a huge "organic" shopper, but wow you can really taste the freshness in this. No hormones or antibiotics and the milk is non-homogenized. You can REALLY taste the difference.

You'll find the creamery in a big red barn with a ginormous cow out front on Cleveland Hwy in the foot hills of the North Georgia Mountains about 60-70 miles north of Atlanta. Well worth a stop if you find yourself touring local attractions such as Lake Lanier, Babyland General or Helen, GA. Try the ice cream in the silo and I guarantee you'll go inside and buy more to take home.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

A great stop if you are in the neighborhood. There is a store that sells dairy products made at the creamery and local honey, jelly and seasonal veggies. In the silo is the ice cream store and you can get scoops in cones, waffle cones or cups. The peach was scrumptious and obviously made with fresh peaches. Strawberry was yummy as well. The vanilla had no vanilla and was really just "plain" - fresh, but cream flavored. Unfortunately they were out of coffee toffee and salted caramel so we didn't get to try them. They have a giant cow to visit and a hand-made cow that can be "milked", which my kids enjoyed very much. The staff were friendly and patient with our large group and obviously took pride in their products. We brought home 2 gallons of delicious grass-fed milk.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

On a Sunday after church my family and I wanted to visit this creamery because we get the milk in Jaemor all the time. Well it was well worth it. The ice cream is the best ice cream I've ever tasted!!! My husband said the same thing!

1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The ice cream is unbelievable! I had a vanilla milkshake and could not believe how awesome each sip was!!! The Salted Caramel is out of this world. I can't wait to get back here with a cooler so I can take home some ice cream and milk.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

By far the best milkshake I have ever had. I could take the freshness of the milk in every sip. My wife's chocolate ice cream was fantastic too. Looking forward to the next time we go!!!

1  Thank mjedelb