“fun place”

Gold n Gem Grubbin'
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Cleveland
Type: Other
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Have been here a couple of times. I enjoyed prospecting from the pile of dirt they load creek side. Panning for gold at the store is okay too. Never had trouble finding color or gems. The campsites are primitive. I just wish they would keep their dogs from roaming free. They bothered my dog quite a bit and howled all night. Their cause (rescue) is noble but I need to get a good night's sleep. Next time I will opt for a hotel, because I do plan on returning for more prospecting fun!

1  Thank tedcReston

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We were charged more than the website said it cost and the person working the counter needs to acquire some people skills. Not worth the money go somewhere else or do nothing at all, it would be a better experience.

2  Thank nc49ers
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family drove 1.5 hours from Atlanta because we read and saw how awesome the gem mining experience could be. We pull in and there are big dogs loose and in huge cages. It was extremely small and looked nothing like the pictures on the ads. It was very disappointing! We were very excited and were let down! We did not get out because we planned on spending a good amount of money at the gem experience but decided we would rather spend that money on a place that was kept up a little better.

3  Thank Meldbogue
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My family decided to go gem mining, something we have never done before! We loved it! When we pulled up, I noticed there was also an animal rescue there as well. The young lady in the office, AMAZING! She was very knowledgeable and helped us the entire time. I would recommend getting the larger bucket because you will get some large pieces. We got the $60 for 3 people. This is a great activity for families as well as a learning experience!

1  Thank jordannat
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We took out boys out while staying in Helen and had a wonderful time. The staff was fantastic and patient with the young boys. The buckets here are filled with rocks not sand, and you have to look for colors that pop out. When you are done you take up your "treasures" for evaluation by the staff. It was too cold to try out luck with the gold but I recommend the gem grubbing!