“great little zoo. lots of animals.”
Review of North Georgia Zoo

and up
North Georgia Zoo and Farm Admission Pass
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Alligators To Zebras! Over 400 animals. 2 attractions in one! Come visit a working farm with over 200 rare breed and miniature farm animals. Feed, pet and learn more about animals from mini pig,cows,goats to water buffalo and camels. Take a guided Wildlife Walk to get up close and personal with a variety of exotic animals such as Lemurs, Cougars, Kangaroos, monkeys, Toucans, Wolves and more! Other options include animal shows, camel encounters, pony rides and more!
Reviewed 29 July 2013

staff is wonderful in telling about all the animals. children love being able to pet the animals. everything is good here.

1  Thank galuckycat
in 4 reviews
"animal feed"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We have visited several times since they opened 4 years ago, and always have a great experience. Even the drive through the country just to access the zoo is an amazingly beautiful drive through Georgia wine country and back roads. We have had months of unseasonable rain here in Georgia, and I was so impressed to see how clean the enclosures and animals were on our visit yesterday. The animals always seem happy and very well cared for. I love that the zoo offers special days with very reduced prices so that it is affordable for our family of 6. I signed up to be on their email list and I get notices of special events and pricing. That helps us plan our visits. Also, the staff is very willing to interact with us and that makes the visit even more fun. We love Dani, the tour guide on the Wildlife Walk. My kids never get tired of going on it even after having been several times. There was a very large group yesterday with lots of small children. It never ruffled her feathers for them to be so wiggly and excited.She really keeps their attention and makes it educational and fun. We signed up for the hay ride but the tractor had a flat tire. They fixed it right away but we were given the option of going on the golf cart with the zoo keeper while it was being fixed instead to feed the camel. My kids loved riding the golf cart through the farm!

2  Thank CarlaFallin
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I had heard good things about the zoo from friends; however, was very disappointed in the experience. Costly for a family of 5. The petting zoo was every day farm animals who were very interested in the food being offered. The children could not interact with the farm animals. Tons of sheep and goat, saw only 2 calves, some chickens and ducks, couple of pigs, one donkey. We paid for the camel experience, very boring! Animals habitat was depressing, no greenery mostly dirt and mud. We could not afford the other experiences which was disappointing to the younger children.

4  Thank Joyce G
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I guess I just expect more than other people that have reviewed this place cause I honestly did not think it was worth the money. First off they charge you for each attraction. $7 for the petting zoo, $15 for the zoo with the exotic animals and then another $5 for the reptile exhibit. We are talking $27 for one person! As small as the place is, its just not worth it. My kids enjoyed it for about ten minutes until my 3 year old daughter went to feed one of the pigs in the petting area and had it bite down on her so hard that her finger was bleeding. Nowhere in the place did they have a sign that said "do not feed the pigs" and when I mentioned it to one of the people working there she said "it happens all the time and well they probably just chewed the sign down" and acted like she could care less. I know that you take that risk when you are feeding the animals, but if it is an animal that they know bites then they should warn you in advance before letting your kids stick their hands near their mouths! I will not be recommending a place that claims to be an attraction to families, but shows no concern over the safety of children. It's overpriced and I will not go again!

4  Thank ALESHA M
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 June 2013

First look at this shabby looking place and you feel what am I doing here. Wrong..This place is simply awesome. Its not a typical zoo..more like a petting farm, only difference is you get to touch, feel and pet bunch of domestic, wild animals and reptiles. You won't see the typical large wild animals out here, but what you do get is a great experience and real close encounters with most of the animals they host. Kids and adults will absolutely love it, I know my family did. Make sure you take the wildlife walk and the reptile encounters. Those are absolutely amazing. Loved the free roaming deer enclosure where you can pet deers. I think this place is must visit if you love nature and animals. Animals are well taken care off, but the goats and sheeps seem to be always hungry for more ..;)

It's about 50 mins drive from Alpharetta, GA. We spent around 4 hours in the zoo. Also they don't carry any food (lunch) and nearest restaurant is about 20 mins aways..So make sure you eat before you come here or just get some takeout and bring it along.

1  Thank crazykuda