“Awesome Mountain view.”

Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Cottage Vineyard and Winery just opened up. It is located on a hilltop with an incredible view. They have a good selection of wines to sample. The staff is friendly and courteous. We live about 2 miles north of there up USA 129, and have been there several times.

2  Thank fjed2
There are newer reviews for Cottage Vineyard and Winery

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Open February 2013, and making vast improvements and expansions over next year. Very nice and welcoming. Nathan was very knowledgeable and friendly. They are currently making a cellar and two story building above it for a tasting room with fireplaces and on the third floor and game / pool room sports-like bar. Ground improvements will be very nice. Nice view now and will be even better with the elevated height of viewing. I would return. We bought two bottles of the Syrah "Eighteen".

1  Thank RayneLa
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Hi

I am fortunate enough to live one mile from The Cottage Vineyard and Winery. The Cottage wine is excellent and yes, they do make their own wine. I personally know their wine maker, their staff and the owners, Jim and Sandra and have been lucky enough to visit their wine making facility. The Cottage has developed a reputation for making some of the best wine in the South East and as far as hospitality and customer service, they are second to none. Unfortunately, you can't believe everything you read on trip advisor so I would recommend that you stop by and see for yourself. You will LOVE The Cottage, the wine and the owners, Jim and Sandra!

3  Thank SusanTravelsAround
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Cottage is located on a beautiful piece of property with a stunning view of Mt. Yonah. It's proprietors are lovely and gracious. What they failed to tell us when my husband and I visited recently is that they do not, as of yet, make any of their own wine. They are buying wine - finished wine, not just grapes or juice, and putting their own label on it. This is not a winery, it is a retailer. Fine, but be forthcoming about that. Why not wait until you are at least blending someone else's grapes, or juice, before you put your label on it? Strange and confusing, if not downright dishonest. I wish them we'll, but won't be back until the situation is remedied.

4  Thank Travellingdame
Reviewed 11 October 2013

First, to be fair, we've known Jim and Sandra for a number of years and have had the pleasure of riding cross country with them on our Harley's more than once. If you were to ask them, they would tell you that I'm not a wine connoisseur but after a great afternoon of tasting the offerings at "The Cottage Vineyard and Winery" that all changed. If Sandra or Nathan give you a taste of the Syrah with the story that it is good with a hamburger, they're not being truthful - while it may be GOOD with a hamburger, it is absolutely AWESOME with a bowl of chili. And I don't even want to get started with the Syrah Eighteen - that's a souped up version of the Syrah designed to be a great after dinner wine and it is! Then if you're lucky enough to be there on the right day and find out how great the Baby Doll Legs Rose is, you might be able to get the subject of the picture on the label to sign your bottle - we were, we did and we bought a few bottles. As others have stated, this is a work in progress but as well as I know the owners, anything they do is going to be first class. They have grand plans for this venture and given enough time, they will make it happen and it will happen on a grand scale. I need to mention that Jim had the foresight to retain all the timber he cleared from the land has had it cut and milled and will be using it in future construction. The cross that currently resides on top of the chapel/tasing room was made by Jim with some of that timber. You'll enjoy your visit - the views and hospitality are first class - If you're in the vicinity, this is a vineyard to visit - you'll want to be able to say that you remember it when.....ENJOY!

1  Thank Curbmaster