“Outstanding in every way ”
Review of Lewisville

and 1 more site!
Lewisville
Ranked #1 of 3 Maryculter B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Lewisville B&B for one night whilst attending an interview in Aberdeen. It's was faultless.

Tanya met me at the door and was lovely to do so as I had to arrive late due to other work commitments. She was a delight throughout the stay and couldn't be more helpful.

My room was perfect especially for the price. It looked like it had been refurbished/decorated very recently. The bed was comfortable and I had no disturbances.

Breakfast, which was the topping on the cake, led me to leave this message. Breakfast was amazing. Sat right at the window looking out at the picturesque views. It started with what tasted like freshly squeezed orange juice and my coffee was served in my own Cafetiere. It's these little things that I think makes a stay. Then a full Scottish breakfast with toast. Very tasty!

I will certainly be making a return trip to Lewisville B&B whether it's for business or pleasure it certainly ticked all the boxes for me

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank No1Foodie1974
There are newer reviews for Lewisville

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed at the Lewisville B&B for three nights.

My room was room 4, the room was clean, tidy and comfy with free wifi .

I didn't have breakfast because I have a very early start.

The location was great for me, It was 7 miles to the main roundabout in Aberdeen which is the gateway to Aberdeen city and surrounding areas.

I ate at the Marycoulter hotel which is a very short distance away from Lewisville B&B

I would recommend the Lewisville B&B without hesitation

Room Tip: Room 4 was at the front of the B&B facing the main road, but you didn't hear the traffic.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GlasgowMarty
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at this B&B on two separate occasions with work, for a total of 3 nights. It was absolutely lovely. Medium sized rooms with tea and coffee facilities (although the kettle was broken on the first night I stayed, but they replaced it quickly). I stayed in two different rooms on each of my stays, although both were ensuite. The shower facilities were very nice (high pressure shower), and the whole B&B was very clean. Staff were friendly, giving recommendations for local places to eat.

During my first stay we had a relatively heavy snow fall, and during breakfast on the second morning I was told that the staff had cleared my car of snow for me. Very impressive! The breakfast was absolutely delicious as well - fresh fruit salad with natural yoghurt and honey. Not something I have had before, but the fruit was of high quality with lots of variety (i.e., strawberries, raspberries, banana, kiwi and apple, if memory serves) and was very tasty. The coffee wasn't the best, but I like mine abnormally strong so that is only a very minor point! During my second stay I had a cooked breakfast, which was a large portion, but the fruit was my favourite.

The only negative aspect of my stay was that the sound proofing in the rooms is not great. On my second stay I was downstairs and opposite the breakfast room, and I could hear my neighbour's TV show through the walls (and their conversations, almost word for word). Plus when new guests arrived I could hear them talking in the lobby. Luckily I was up early in the morning (about 6.30am), as otherwise I think other guests coming for breakfast would probably have woken me up (started at about 7am).

Despite this, overall I was very VERY impressed by the B&B, and will definitely stay here again if I ever pass through Aberdeen.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for an upstairs room, as the sound proofing was less than ideal downstairs...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jkp3
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This is a B & B, and you will need to remind yourself of that sometimes because the standard of the accommodation, the service and the food is more like a 4 star hotel.

Little things do matter, like the warm welcome and the free wi-fi that meant that I could do some work in the evening. Chain hotels should take notice.

Breakfast was good - I tried haggis for the first time too.

The location is great for visiting Aberdeen and the surrounding countryside. I'd like to come back again.

Great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this B&B and were very impressed. The room was spacious, with good size bathroom and good shower and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was great and the staff were warm and friendly. Although not central to Aberdeen, a little in the country it is only a short drive which is pleasant and an easy ride to the city centre.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NZPair
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed here for one night prior to a meeting in Aberdeen , expected standard b&b fare and got what can only be described as 4* Hotel classed as B&B. With its separate entrance and private parking it looks and feels like a five bedroomed hotel built on to the side of the owners house. My room was spotless, the bed was comfy, wifi was strong (and free) and good phone signal, which, in this area is a bonus. My bathroom was once again spotless, good powerful shower, soft clean towels and good quality soapy stuff. The whole place is big and airy with plenty of room for all the guests, you don't feel like you're squashed in like some places, the owners aren't in your face all the time checking if 'everything is ok',,, in fact the lady that checked me in and the lady at breakfast (excellent) can both easily be described as gilfs !!! I'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed for one night - my husband on business and I went along to see Aberdeen and shop. The Lewisville was spotless, comfortable bed, powerful shower, chocolates. Nothing was too much trouble for Miriam who provided an iron and ironing board and provided directions to Aberdeen car parks. Breakfast was first class, food and service excellent. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank a2b4fun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryculter
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
#1 of 3 in Banchory
Tor-na-Coille
Tor-na-Coille
#2 of 3 in Banchory

Been to Lewisville? Share your experiences!