“Our Last Stay”

Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Mobile, AL
“Our Last Stay”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Sadly, my husband and I have witnessed the decline of this hotel in the last few years, more rapidly our stay in March and this last stay in mid-July. (We come to Atlanta on business twice a year.) We had already decided this was going to be our last stay here and when we drove up and talked to a couple waiting on the police to arrive to write up a report for having their car window broken into, that did it for us. Not only was THEIR window broken, a car parked next to them had a black garbage bag over their broken window and there was broken glass in the parking spot we parked in!

We probably should have left at this point but didn't. When I checked in, the clerk said she didn't know if they had a room available for us or not (I had reserved a room weeks before, never had this problem before). Instead of consulting the computer, she physically left, went up the elevator and checked to see if the room was empty or not (?).

This could be nitpicky but all of the pillows on the bed (about 5 of them) had been bunched up to about half of their size, what was that about, that was freaky! Another nitpick was there was only 1 bar of soap instead of 2 (one for sink, one for tub). I only mention these because this had never been a problem before.

During the night, at least 3 different times a group of people were talking loud and making lots of noise in the hallway, interrupting our sleep. Again, had never had this problem before.

Lastly, we went down to breakfast at 8am, a full hour before they closed it at 9am and most of the food was gone, always before the lady on duty in the food area kept everything stocked.

That pretty much did it for us, we went back to our room, packed up and checked out, even though we were suppose to stay another night.

I have looked at other hotel reviews in this same area and it seems like they are having or starting to have this same problem, locals staying in the hotels, cars being broken in, bad service. So starting next year, we will be staying in a different area altogether. So sad.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 16 July 2012

When we arrived at the hotel, there were children banging on the windows from the 3rd floor. Maybe they were trying to warn us about how horrible the hotel was lol. My friend and I began stepping into the elevator and it almost crushed us, maybe an indicator that the sensor is broken or something.

We entered the hotel and it had trash from the previous tenants in the trashcan. The room had an odor and overall, it was generally outdated and in need of thorough cleaning. The staff only placed two towels for our party of 4 in the bathroom. We requested more towels and were ignored.

The parking lot had four cars with garbage bags covering a window because of break ins. I asked the staff about it and they acted as if I asked them to square Pi. The guy I asked (evening shift) told me he didn't know anything about it. Afterward, I asked for cups, he pointed to the kitchen. The cups were not out, I had to search through the cabinets to find the cups.

Shortly after the cup incident, we witnessed a lady walking across the parking lot with her bags (at night) saying that she couldn't stay there anymore. We walked back down to the front desk and asked for sheets, the man behind the counter told us that there were sheets already in the pull out bed (which they were not), he gave us a set of sheets minus the comforter. Luckily, the other people in the room gave us the comforter off the other bed.

The pool was a joke. The breakfast area is a joke. The staff is loud, lazy, rude and unhelpful. It was also unnerving to see SWAT officers walking around in full gear through the area. I wasn't expecting the best mattress but the mattress on the pullout was rough and smelly.

Checkout was at 12pm and housekeeping came by and beat on everyone's doors and opening them while yelling, "Y'all gon' leave or y'all gon' stay?!" This happened at 10:00am and 11:20am. Our party overheard the staff say, "Who gon' help me get them 'baps' out of here?". They also threw around 'motherf*****' a lot and mentioned their dislike for the 'gay n*****' (their words) down the hall. We finally left only to see the hotel van being rigged to work.

I would not recommend this place to anyone, ever.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank rbten
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I can't believe this hotel...for one many cars were broken into while I was there and the staff was ignorant of blatant facts going on..I asked for cups and I was told to get them out the kitchen And I was the guest...the jacuzzi jets didn't work and it had this foul. Odor of cooch in there...rude ugly maid who banged on our door with a ley

• Stayed July 2012
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I experienced this Choice Hotel, Comfort Inn June 2012, I was on a 5 day trip and found that this hotel was less than 2 miles from Hartsfield. The rate is very good, and the morning breakfast is better than other larger hotels. Without a doubt this hotel, the staff and airport drivers are the nicest I have encountered. The hotel also participates with GlobalAirportParking (a website) for parking your vehicle without having to stay at the hotel.
You register on line and pay by credit card, then go to the hotel, turn in your paper work,
and use the shuttle. (globalairportparking.com)
This hotel is really a fine hotel...

Room Tip: The airplanes do fly over head, some are noisey. But I was on the South side and did not notice the...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Milledgeville, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This hotel offered one of the beter deals on park and fly. We arrived back to our car after a 7 day trip thinking things were fine only to discover the next day (in daylight) that someone had driven a sharp object through the door to break the lock. We were very suspicious since this hotel is in a bad area of town but decided to leave the car after talking with a business/construction person that stayed there frequently and said his company had never had trouble. We should have known better because of all of the big signs outside the hotel that say "Hotel is not responsible for theft or damage to your car". Pay the difference of $9/day at the nearby Park-N-Fly for secure parking. Like the old saying goes- You get what you pay for, in this case- BROKEN IN TO!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the beginning of his birthday trip in late March. The evening staff were friendly, the room was ok (we got the jaquzzi suite), however...an hour after checking out, unbeknownst to me, my credit card was being used to purchase a large tv, airline tickets and all sorts of other costly items! If MY credit card number and personal information (name, home address and email address given to hotel for reservation) was stolen here, I'm quite sure I am not the first, nor will I be the last.
Luckily my bank caught the peculiar spending before my account was drained. I had to cancel the card and wait two weeks to be reimbursed. This could of easily ruined our out of state vacation.
Stay away (or use cash and keep your information private)!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Very close to the airport and the very reason we stayed as friends had a very early flight.

Everything was reasonably clean and the beds were comfortable. The afternoon/evening clerk could hardly get off the couch in the lobby. The alarm clock in the room did not work and the desk clerk I mentioned failed to enter our 3:00 a.m. wake-up call. Fortunately one of us woke on our own in time to catch the plane.

WI-FI did not reach into our room.

Poor breakfast. The very few "hot" items were always stone cold. Coffee urns were repeatedly empty.

Mainly your typical fast food restaurants in the not-so-good neighborhood that surrounds the hotel.

Despite being almost directly under a landing approach lane our ground floor room was reasonably quiet.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends