“BED BUGS!!!”

Knights Inn Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My friends and I were in town initially for 4 nights but we checked out after 2 nights because she was bit horribly by bed bugs. We called down to the front desk and it took an hour for someone to get back to us. We even took the pillow down to the front desk to show them the 2 that we found! About 4 House Keepers, House Man and 1 Front Desk employee informed us that they already told their GM about RM304 having bed bugs and nothing has been done. They made us checked out because they were sold out for the weekend, didn't try to help us find another room or nothing! Days later and I have YET to here from the GM. And their manager on duty has HORRIBLE people skills! She told us that she wouldn't cahrge us for the stay but we had to pay for this bed bug filled room! I will NEVER stay here again and if they rent you that room I suggest you RUN!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My family and I were in town for two nights the weekend of August 31st and September 1st. Customer Service, especially the Front Desk Manager left something to be desired. She was very unprofessional in her actions and itneraction with customers. The hotel was overbooked, which was not necessarily her fault, but the way she handled the complaints was very unprofessional.
The hotel itself was ok, nothing to write home about, but there are worse. The air conditioning in the room was poor to say the least. I notified the front desk manager of the problem. She seemed to insunate that it must be my fault. She also said she would get their maintenance person to check the unit out, which never happened. With the number of hotel choices available in the Atalanta area, I will never stay at this hotel again.
The hi-lite of the stay was the shuttle driver. He seemed to go out of his way to provide excellent service to his customers.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here and it was a very pleasant stay. We would definitely come back.
The clerk was very pleasant and helpful. We rented a suite and loved the space, We would recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Being a lone, young woman on business, the staff and the ambiance of a hotel makes a huge difference in my choice of hotels. To begin with, the front desk told me to call them when I landed so that I could know how long it would be before the shuttle arrives back at the airport. By the time I walked out of the terminal, the shuttle was there waiting for me. The driver was courteous and helpful. After three days, I had to leave hastily and accidently left my new, expensive prescription glasses on the nightstand. When I called the front desk, the gentleman quickly went to the room and found my glasses. I arranged to have FedEx pick them up the next day, but due to a glich in the FedEx system, they didn't. The next day, one of the other front desk employees that had prepared the package, noticed that it had not been picked up. Knowing that FedEx has limited service on Saturday, the first front desk employee drove to a FedEx office and dropped off the package. Good, friendly people equals GREAT customer serive!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This hotel should not be a Choice propty but should be called a (DIVE) by the airport!!! It took over an hour for pick, not because I didnt call them to let them know i was their they just found something else to do; so i end up haveing to pay I mean tip the driver who was gothe hotel going to hotel across the street. After entering the lobby I was greeted with a strong smell WEED , I told the young lady who was working the fornt desk that the front lobby stinks of WEED? She said OOOOOO ok . I guess smoke free doesnt count unless its tabcoo everthing else is free game hear.
When my wife and I got to our room their was a big cigar burn on the comforter, the bathroom was nasty paint peeling of the walls ,tub stained, carpet torn lumpy and also stained. It was so nasty my wife and I slept in the same clothes in what we came in . If time was on are side that night i would have demaned my money back and would have called the police . The time was 11:30 pm and my flight left at 6am . Please if you have taken the time toread this do one more thing DON'T STAY their ssave your money and go some were else!!!! Again PLEASE.....

Room Tip: Cheaper is not always better,find the time to plan for you'r stay .
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank larry e
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend. Came to Atlanta on business for work. Shuttle driver was nice, came and got me from the airport and took me straight to the hotel. That was a nice feature not to have to pay for additional transporation. I noticed alot of people in the hotel lobby when I checked in, looked to be a good sign if people are still staying here after the issues people have written about on this site. Price for the room was fair. Room was spacious and smelled good. AC seemed to not blow as cold as I would have liked and the furniture needs a good bit of updating. Came down for breakfast Sunday about 8:45 or so and the breakfast room was packed. Room is a little small so I just grabbed some danishes and coffee. Only foreseeable problem is the location of the hotel, seems to be in an area where some illegal activity might be taking place. But I dont hold that against the hotel or the staff. I personally had no issues with the staff. Overall I had a good stay here.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room prior to actually paying for the room if you want to be on the safe side.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank John K
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Where to begin...i believe if you have read the other reviews before mine, well that sums it up!! They have TERRIBLE customer service and seemed many of the employees had no idea what to do when a guest needed something as small as towels. Breakfast was to end at 10am on weekends when i went down at 9am everything was pretty much gone then had an employee tell me "well. it is 9am so breakfast is over" i told him "well that's not what your sign and the young lady at the desk told me when i checked in yesterday" but he still tried to argue me down that i was wrong. So another employee came over to try to find things to put out and mentioned she thinks the lady that does breakfast may have quit that morning, well well well!!!

Then they took the old towels and said they would bring up new ones...we left twice and still no new towels we had to call for more AND go down to pick them up ourselves!!!

The list goes on and on and on with this hotel. If you have the money just go to another hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family