“Not Welcoming”

Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in College Park
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not Welcoming”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2006

Shuttle times and proceedures were not explained at registration and therefore caused much difficulities during our stay. These times and proceedures are not advertised. The shuttle does not run between 11am and 4pm. Restaurants and shopping are not with in walking distance and the metro is not as close as advertised. Food was left on the floor of our room and roaches were seen climbing up the walls.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sacramento
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2005

I made reservations for my family for a stay at the Comfort Inns and Suites in Atlanta, GA on Old National Highway. I choose the chain of hotels for the amenities, kitchenette, microwave, refrigerator, large rooms, 3 stars at an economical price. This was especially important because I have an 11 month old son. I needed the kitchen.

I checked into the hotel @ 12am and went into my room. I immediately felt something wrong. I walked into the bathroom, the tub was filthy. I walked over to the bed and pulled back the sheets. There were tons of small hairs in both beds. It was like a man had shaven in the beds.

In addition, the refrigerator was warm, so I went to the front desk to ask for another room. The hotel was sold out, but the clerk offered different sheets for me to redo the beds.

In the midst of her getting the sheets my daughter starting yelling that there were bugs in the room, so I went to the room and found roaches crawling out from the walls. I asked the clerk to come into the room to see the bugs and she refused.

I asked for a refund and was still charged one night stay, $121.00 dollars. I filed a claim and I am awaiting the results of the investigation. I feel I am being punished for not staying at this unsanitary, unhealthy, filthy place.

I hope they return my money, but their reputation has already taken a turn by me writing this. I will never under any circumstances stay at a choice hotel chain again, ever.

2 Thank ATG
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2005

This hotel is nice. The rooms are large and well furnished. You are in an airport hotel, so there is no view here (as you would get downtown). The area is fairly safe, although you probably do not want to be walking around too late at night--unless you are from Atlanta and know the area. But this is a general rule for most areas of Atlanta; my rule of thumb for Atlanta has always been to be in by midnight if I have to walk somewhere.

The hotel has a free shuttle that will take you to the airport, about 5 minutes away (or less). From there you can take the MARTA rail to most points in the city. You can buy a week pass for $13, good for all buses and the rail.

So, for $60 you get a King bed, fridge, and microwave in a very nice hotel. Similar hotels downtown or on the northside will start at $100/night.

The free breakfast was ok. You have oatmeal, muffins, bagel, and cereal. Also juices. However, I have actually had a better variety at Sleep Inns, which are lower on the Choice Hotels ladder!

But make mo mistake, you will be happy you stayed here and saved $40 per night.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank CopacabanaGrill
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2005

My husband and I stayed here for two nights before we flew out for our honeymoon and thought this hotel was very nice. We did the park and fly rate and had no problems whatsoever. The shuttle to the airport is very prompt and got us to the airport in plenty of time and arrived to pick us up within minutes of calling them. The room was really more than we both expected because we had a sitting area with a tv. Everything was clean and it was quiet. We would defintely stay here again if we planned on flying out of Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank alabamagirl
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2005

I was pleasantly surprised with this property, the rooms are extra large with all the amenities you could imagine (microwave, sink, mini-fridge, indoor pool, free shuttle) and the rates are pretty good too. Rooms were very clean, comfortable and elegantly furnished. I recommend the Comfort Inn & Suites in College Park to anyone passing through Atlanta airport.

Stayed March 2005
2 Thank toology
Augusta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2004

The outside of the Comfort Inn and Suites near the Atlanta airport looked nice and clean, as did the lobby. Good high-speed internet service was available. But everything went downhill from there. Our mini-suite was not very clean. There were very noticeable stains on the bed. The cabinet door where the microwave was located was about to fall off. The bathtub was filthy. The bathroom door had a fist hole in it. The ceiling over the tub looked like it was about to fall in. The Choice Hotels website says that this hotel opened in 2000, but you wouldn't know it based on the condition of the rooms. They have not maintained this hotel very well. We will not stay here again.

3 Thank AGS_guy