“Hit a home run with this place”

SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I needed an airport hotel that was safe and where our cars wouldn't be broken into, according to hotel reviews I was reading. When I learned that from this hotel I could hop onto the free SkyTrain to the airport terminal to meet with my son and his wife during their 3 hour layover, I was sold. I could only get a king bed for my 22 year old daughter and I, but we'd manage for one night with the great price I got that included free parking (usually $12/day) in a gated lot accessible only by the room key, free wi-fi in the room, free hot breakfast, and a microwave/frig. Nice "green" touch that you must put your room key card into a slot next to the door to keep the electricity on in your room. Kind of different to have the a/c unit mounted over the door to the room, so either it is more "green" than mounted in the wall under the window or is more efficient, but I liked it since it was quiet and you could feel the air movement in the bedroom area. Very chic decor but our room had a decorative vase that had been pulled off the glue puddle that was supposed to hold it there and the molding was chipped off a corner wall at the desk.

I've stayed at other SpringHill Suites properties and like the toilet and small sink in a room separate from the glassed walk-in shower (my daughter loved the 2 extra jets plus the rain head) and larger sink/counter area. The living area with desk was great and our room overlooked the runways to watch planes coming in to land, but we never heard any plane noise. The hotel was full with convention attendees that included multiple generations of families, which explains why we didn't get a room with 2 queen beds. The breakfast area was wild and jammed with guests dressed in their finest on a Sunday morning, I wonder why the breakfast attendant didn't open the adjacent meeting room so guests could have taken their breakfast in there. After returning to the hotel on the SkyTrain, an ambulance was tending to someone in the lobby. We finished packing up and checked out, using the room key to exit the secure parking lot and then dropping it into an adjacent slot to be recycled by another guest. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The new design SpringHill is on the airport tram making it a perfect location for a layover at ATL. The rooms are really modern, the bed really good if you like it firm (not like the full service Marriott next door) and it is quite. You can barely notice airplanes. I also really like the separation between the toilet and the bathroom ... you do not see that too much. Only negative point, it is extremely expensive compared to other brands. So I really go there because it is on the tram and I do not have to take a road shuttle required for all other hotels besides the Marriott Gateway.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family and I stayed here on our way back home from vacation. It was so nice to be able to drop off our rental car the night before our flight, take a quick tram ride to the hotel, and relax before flying out. We didn't have to worry about driving anywhere or taking a shuttle. The guy at the front desk was so friendly when we arrived, and I loved the layout if the lobby and rooms...the blue/green color scheme was very welcoming. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank starlady8
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel has a train directly to and from the domestic terminal and rental car locations. Staff was great and a hot breakfast was included. Hotel was clean and quiet even with planes flying overhead. Pool and fitness room and a great bar across the street.The only thing that was awkward is that the toilet is located in a separate room in the middle of the bedroom. The door did not close all the way. I am sure this can be fixed and we will stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We did "park here, fly there" package since we had a very early Saturday morning flight and wanted to be close to the airport. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Check in and out was very easy. The rooms are very big. It was more space than we ever would have needed. The best part though, is that hotel is less than a five minute ride on the sky train to the terminal. Being just a short train ride away from our car when we returned was much nicer than having to take one of the shuttles to long term parking. I would not hesitate to stay here again if we had another early morning flight.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was our first time at this hotel because we have always stayed at the Marriott Gateway across the street. We stayed at SpringHill Suites going to Bonaire and on our return home. We had three rooms both times. The rooms are huge, the hotel was quiet and the employees were so friendly and helpful. We ate dinner at Champions which is across the street at the Marriott Gateway. We always fly Delta so both of these hotels are so easy to get to from the south terminal. There is a mini fridge in every room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is extremely clean, very fast and friendly check in, and has a very modern vibe. The air train is directly across the street from the hotel so getting to the airport is a breeze since the train runs every 3 minutes. The parking lot is gated, you have to enter your room key to access it, which is great because vehicle theft is a concern in the College Park, East Point area. The breakfast is better than your average hotel breakfast in this price point with many hot choices and fresh fruits among all the other normal breakfast items. The beds were great. The airplane noise is present, after all this is an airport hotel, but it's not loud. The bathroom is split into 2 rooms, which I noticed some didn't like, but our family appreciated since one could be showering while another was putting on makeup in the other since both had sinks and mirrors. They also have a small store in the lobby in case you have any last minute needs. The hotel was full, but very quiet. The greatest compliment I could give, we will absolutely stay here every time we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
#3 of 26 in College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway? Share your experiences!