“Good place for stopover between flights”

Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Good place for stopover between flights”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Reservations made months earlier made it convenient to check in in the evening and be ready early the next morning. Our plane was late getting in which made it late to the hotel which made a very late supper. Fortunately there is an eating place next to the lobby, excellent hamburgers. The room was very clean and the bed was one of the best, king-sized. Airport shuttle the next morning was prompt and the driver very helpful. Definitely would use this hotel again. A hearty breakfast was included.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were staying across the parking lot at another hotel that did not have a bar & grill. Lucky we were in walking distance to some great service from NaToya, she was great! She suggested some great appetizers and drinks! Thank you NaToya for getting our credit card to the management!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Missy K
East Sussex
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Having flown in from UK and travelled for 16 hours we arrived at the hotel at 7.30 pm. There was a 5 minute wait for reception. I handed in my CONFIRMED reservation details and was told my room had been cancelled because it was after 6pm and she could not get my credit card to work. I had made the reservation, on line to the HIG website (not a third party booking agent). The online booking took my credit card details. The credit card worked without problems 5 minutes later.

She did not apologise, just told me my room had been cancelled. She gave no suggestion of what to do. Eventually after 5 minutes she did offer a room, but not at the CONFIRMED reservation rate I had booked. Having been up 18 hours (and very tired), I accepted this as it was not worth discussing any further. My booking included breakfast, the new rate did not.

The room was fine, clean and comfortable and gave a good nights sleep.

The following morning I spoke t the receptionist who was able to give us breakfast coupons, but did not have the authority to refund the difference - but suggested we spoke to the manager who was due in at 7.30am. Breakfast was good. The 7.30 am manager gave me the originally agreed rate.

The hotel could be very nice, but I am not prepared to risk this type of reception again, and so I will not return on a future trip. All other staff were very good, but unfortunately the non greeting I first received blighted this visit. What ever the problem was, it was not my fault and so should not have been told to go away without assistance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael_East_Sussex
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Michael_East_Sussex,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the issues with your booking prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see the management was able to honor the original rate and the staff provided breakfast coupons for the frustration. We were also glad to see the high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, Sleep Quality, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 19 February 2014

During the recent ice storms to hit the Midwest, I needed to get my group of 22 travelers to a hotel late at night, after a long trek to get to Atlanta, since our final destination flight was cancelled. Our travel agent worked with Jewettee McNeal, the Director of Sales for this property, who went above and beyond her role! Knowing we were all weary, frustrated travelers (and hungry!), she had freshly baked cookies and bottles of water for all of us upon check-in, she handled the pre- check-in for our group (so all they had to do was say their name and get their room key) and allowed us to use the dining room area and paper goods at 10:00 p.m. so we could all eat delivery pizza. Not only that, she called me as we arrived at the airport to ensure we were all there, called in an additional shuttle driver to bring our group to the hotel, and waited until we had arrived so she could personally greet us. Amazing lady and totally unexpected customer service. She was our godsend that night. Thanks Jewettee!

Room Tip: Very clean and quiet rooms for being an airport hotel. They all take pride in that property.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Several of us who are "essential personnel" were housed by our company for two nights during a winter weather period. From the front desk staff to the bartenders to the security guard, the people here could not have been more engaging and helpful. As was mentioned, the lobby and bar/grill area appear to have been updated. Rooms are adequate and the wifi worked very well. Elevator use is secured by use of your room key. Not a lot of eating options within walking distance, but for an airport hotel, this Holiday Inn serves its purpose nicely. Thanks again, everyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Parish, NY
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

This Holiday Inn is ok. Not great but not the worst Holiday Inn I've ever stayed at. The lobby looks new and fresh but the room isn't that updated. It was clean but could use some updates. Very close to the airport if you have an early flight like I did which was nice. Free parking for IHG platinum members which I appreciated!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Andrea B,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology for falling below your expectation regarding our rooms. We will look into this point. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Everything about the Holiday Inn Airport South contributed to a great experience. The shuttle was prompt, checkin was painless, my room was clean and comfortable, and the new Burger Bar was fantastic. My server, NaToya knew the menu well, made great suggestions and kept my drink topped off nicely.

Much nicer than your typical airport hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!