“Better Choices in the Area....” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
“Better Choices in the Area....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I arrived at the airport and called for the shuttle. I was told it came every half hour and would be there in 15 minutes. 35 minutes later it arrived. When I checked in there was a very untrained young girl (worked on March 10 around 1:30pm) I asked if there were a shopping center in the area. She advised me that there was but no shuttle service to it. I asked if there were a walking distance restaurant and she advised me that Ruby Tuesdays was 1/4 of a mile. Come to find out it behind the Hyatt Place - next door.

After I settled into my room which was clean, nothing over the top and at the time I felt there was a shift change, I called the front desk and asked the same question about shopping center. Yes, there is a shuttle and it leaves at 6pm. Myself and other guests waited and the driver arrived at 6:20 pm. We were informed that drop off and pick up was at Target. On the other side of the outside mall are the restaurants and it seems logical to drop off and pick up at two locations within the mall. One at Target and the other perhaps near the restaurants (since the driver has to go past to exit) . The driver informed us pick up was at 8:00pm. Myself and two other women were there at 8 as instructed. The shuttle arrived at 8:45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After three calls to the hotel. Everyone was hungry and tired.

Once back at the hotel, I ordered room service. A hamburger that was a pre-patty frozen burger. Simple horrible. Onion rings horrible. Also watch for the $2.00 delivery fee (this isn't a resort) and although your bill has a "tip" area, 18% is ADDED to the bill, so don't tip twice as the person delivering will not mention this to you.

I ended my stay with a sour sweet tea! Of course, what else did I expect and yes, tea sours!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Comfortable accommodation, good breakfasts, transportation to the airport without a problems. Spa is well, more for adults, than children. Very gentle staff. Thank, we will be back for sure. Good choice of beer in the restaurant :).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I had a great stay in September 2013 (reviewed). This time a receptionist told us the restaurant food was very good. It wasn't. My wife had a Gumbo soup which was poor and lukewarm and a salad with a too strong dressing. I had an indifferent hamburger with onion rings that left a nasty aftertaste. Fortunately the room came equipped with Whisper Mint mouthwash which took the nasty taste away. The room, the shuttle and the staff were great. Avoid the restaurant!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Reservations made months earlier made it convenient to check in in the evening and be ready early the next morning. Our plane was late getting in which made it late to the hotel which made a very late supper. Fortunately there is an eating place next to the lobby, excellent hamburgers. The room was very clean and the bed was one of the best, king-sized. Airport shuttle the next morning was prompt and the driver very helpful. Definitely would use this hotel again. A hearty breakfast was included.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were staying across the parking lot at another hotel that did not have a bar & grill. Lucky we were in walking distance to some great service from NaToya, she was great! She suggested some great appetizers and drinks! Thank you NaToya for getting our credit card to the management!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Missy K
East Sussex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Having flown in from UK and travelled for 16 hours we arrived at the hotel at 7.30 pm. There was a 5 minute wait for reception. I handed in my CONFIRMED reservation details and was told my room had been cancelled because it was after 6pm and she could not get my credit card to work. I had made the reservation, on line to the HIG website (not a third party booking agent). The online booking took my credit card details. The credit card worked without problems 5 minutes later.

She did not apologise, just told me my room had been cancelled. She gave no suggestion of what to do. Eventually after 5 minutes she did offer a room, but not at the CONFIRMED reservation rate I had booked. Having been up 18 hours (and very tired), I accepted this as it was not worth discussing any further. My booking included breakfast, the new rate did not.

The room was fine, clean and comfortable and gave a good nights sleep.

The following morning I spoke t the receptionist who was able to give us breakfast coupons, but did not have the authority to refund the difference - but suggested we spoke to the manager who was due in at 7.30am. Breakfast was good. The 7.30 am manager gave me the originally agreed rate.

The hotel could be very nice, but I am not prepared to risk this type of reception again, and so I will not return on a future trip. All other staff were very good, but unfortunately the non greeting I first received blighted this visit. What ever the problem was, it was not my fault and so should not have been told to go away without assistance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael_East_Sussex
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Michael_East_Sussex,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the issues with your booking prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see the management was able to honor the original rate and the staff provided breakfast coupons for the frustration. We were also glad to see the high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, Sleep Quality, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

During the recent ice storms to hit the Midwest, I needed to get my group of 22 travelers to a hotel late at night, after a long trek to get to Atlanta, since our final destination flight was cancelled. Our travel agent worked with Jewettee McNeal, the Director of Sales for this property, who went above and beyond her role! Knowing we were all weary, frustrated travelers (and hungry!), she had freshly baked cookies and bottles of water for all of us upon check-in, she handled the pre- check-in for our group (so all they had to do was say their name and get their room key) and allowed us to use the dining room area and paper goods at 10:00 p.m. so we could all eat delivery pizza. Not only that, she called me as we arrived at the airport to ensure we were all there, called in an additional shuttle driver to bring our group to the hotel, and waited until we had arrived so she could personally greet us. Amazing lady and totally unexpected customer service. She was our godsend that night. Thanks Jewettee!

Room Tip: Very clean and quiet rooms for being an airport hotel. They all take pride in that property.