“Be early for the shuttle!”

Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Arriving on an international flight, there are two shuttle rides involved to get to the property. The first goes to the main terminal, then you can take the hotel shuttle. Checkin was very smooth and the room was quiet and comfy. I had a nice night's sleep and didn't hear any noise from other guests. No complaints.

The shuttle to the airport leaves every half hour, but two people I rode to the airport with had missed the shuttle they wanted to be on--my suggestion is to be there 10 minutes before it's supposed to leave.

Room Tip: Be in the lobby at least 10 minutes before the shuttle is supposed leave so you don't miss it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear MinnTex,

Thank you for your 4 star rating and your recent stay. We hope that you will visit us in the future and if you need any information regarding airport shuttle times and pick-up stations please contact me directly at 404-783-8800 I am happy to assist.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stay at plenty of IHG properties and I generally expect Holiday Inn's to be dated and drab. This one is an exception as it is either newer or recently renovated. Their was a shuttle waiting when I arrived around 10PM and it's about a 5min ride from the airport.

Next AM, I didn't have to wait to get a ride to the Airport MARTA station.

I never stopped by the restaurant so I can't speak to that. Normally at IHG properties,club members get a bottle of water on arrival and a newspaper in the AM, that didn't happen at this hotel, maybe because its an airport hotel and relatively cheap??

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear SteveL,

Thank you for being a rewards member and for your 4 star rating. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and apologize for not supplying you with your morning paper and bottled water. We hope that you return and allow us an opportunity to "Change Your View"- I can assure you that you will receive all the perks our Rewards Members have come to expect from our brand. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at 404-783-8800 I am happy to assist.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The place has a fresh new look to their reception and restaurant areas, but their service is still very poor.
The phone in my room didn't work, though they claimed it did. Why would I lie? Food okay, if you like burgers, because that's about it. Outside parking is cumbersome. As a Platinum member I was placed on the 2nd floor next to vending and the elevator. I thought I have earned better than that. When I asked for a better room, I was told those were saved for IHG rewards members. You think?? I'm a platinum member, so the front desk didn't even acknowledge my rewards status. Not very conducive to a family experience if that's what you're after. I even saw a couple having sex in the pool and had to report it.
All in all - Not a good experience for the second time at this property!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Aaron A,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The front desk was very helpful sorting out my friends and I. After we checked in we met in the bar and it was a little odd. The wine glasses were washed and filled while they were dripping wet. Maybe some custom I'm not used to? Had dinner in the restaurant and it was very good. You can tell they were used to travelers who just want a room and the buffet but our server made a real effort and it was appreciated. Never the freeway exit and I would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear TravelerfromtheNW,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you liked our friendly staff service. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 March 2014

After ten hours flight the only thing you want is a fast shuttle, clean nice room, fast service, some meal near by. And a good nice team at the reception. Nothing else is important. I recommended it highly. Excellent.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Neda A,

Thank you for your 4 star rating. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The room was not big, but nicely appointed and clean. We were on the top floor (6th), but the plane noise was not disruptive. It had a nice bathroom with a good walk in shower.The staff was courteous and helpful. The Wi-Fi was above average and we streamed a movie on Netflix. We did have a question, so we called the front desk. She put me on hold so I put her on the speaker and did some other stuff while I waited. I actually forgot I was on hold it took so long. Suddenly I heard her talking and realized that I was still on hold. That was the only glitch. Breakfast $11, and parking $6 was an additional charge. One night, Thursday, was approximately $140 with tax and parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed at this establishment last night and have to say southern comfort is what I experienced. The room was clean and ready on time, everyone was very friendly and helpful. If you don't feel like leaving to get someone to eat there is a great place right at the hotel called Burgers and Beer that serves local brew and the best burger I have every eaten. If you are ever in Atlanta I would recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport south.

Room Tip: This place is always booked so make reservations at least a week before coming.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Comfort Inn
#5 of 26 in College Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!