“Stay and park”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Stay and park”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We used their stay and park feature and were very pleased with our stay and the protection provided to our vehicle. The room was clean and well appointed. We had to leave very early to catch a plane. Their shuttle service was friendly and helpful in getting us to the right place for our flight. We will look to book this hotel again when we get ready to fly out of Atlanta

Room Tip: Ask for the discounts from AAA, AARP, etc. they are willing to give what they can
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Michael3735,

Thank you for staying with us and your 5 star rating. We are pleased that your experience was exceptional and look forward to your return.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed overnight while on a road trip. The room was clean and comfortable. Like the reviewer below me, I concur that housekeeping needs to be better. When I went to take a shower before bed, I noticed open and used shampoo and conditioner bottles in the shower. Gross. I was unable to to complete my shower because I was unsure if it was actually clean or not. I also had a room on the fourth floor and I think facing the airport or something because I heard planes taking off until about midnight and then they started up again the next morning around 6 am. When I checked out the next morning, the manager suggested that I come back and stay a long weekend. I just laughed to myself. No way! It worked for an overnight stay, but I wouldn't stay more than that. On the plus size the lobby was very nice and modern looking and parking is only $6/night.

Room Tip: A room that is not facing the airport
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GoldenKitty
Dear GoldenKitty,

Thank you for taking the time to give on us feedback on your stay. We apologize for housekeeping not being of the standards that you have come to expect and deserve. I can assure you that this will be addressed and resolved. Please return for that "long weekend" and allow us an opportunity to "Change Your View"

SC, USA
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Am a fairly new platinum IHG rewards member and was put on the top (6th) floor. Room was fine other than the housekeeping. There was a plastic knife left on the bedside table, some hair in the bathroom, and a couple of stains on the wall near the toilet paper holder. The bed was comfy, wifi worked well, and the rest of the room was fine. It was quiet for an airport hotel and the shuttle was prompt and on time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jarvol,

Thank you for being a Platinum Rewards member and for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. We apologize and take all concerns seriously. I can assure you that the issues you have raised will be addressed accordingly. Please return and give us an opportunity to provide the exceptional experience that you have come to expect from our Brand.

Evans, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have stayed at this location several times over the last two years with no issues.
The staff are very friendly and care about your comfort.
The rooms are up to date, comfortable and very clean.
The shuttle is on time.
Parking is somewhat aggravating but I have never had trouble here.

Room Tip: The lower floors can get very noisy with all the flight attendants coming in and out through the nig...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bobby B
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Bobby B, Thank you for your four star rating and for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It is unfortunate that the parking was cumbersome for you and I hope that on your next visit parking be available and you can contact me directly if you have any additional questions I am happy to assist.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were bumped from a flight and used points to stay here overnight. What a great place! This hotel was completely renovated, and is beautiful. We watched the NCAA basketball games from the huge open bar/restaurant which were staffed with fun and friendly bartenders. Our room was spotless. The staff was so friendly and the shuttle service was A+.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LLindaC,

Thank you for your 5 star rating and for taking the time to submit your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your recent stay and hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Ifrane, Morocco
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Arriving on an international flight, there are two shuttle rides involved to get to the property. The first goes to the main terminal, then you can take the hotel shuttle. Checkin was very smooth and the room was quiet and comfy. I had a nice night's sleep and didn't hear any noise from other guests. No complaints.

The shuttle to the airport leaves every half hour, but two people I rode to the airport with had missed the shuttle they wanted to be on--my suggestion is to be there 10 minutes before it's supposed to leave.

Room Tip: Be in the lobby at least 10 minutes before the shuttle is supposed leave so you don't miss it!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear MinnTex,

Thank you for your 4 star rating and your recent stay. We hope that you will visit us in the future and if you need any information regarding airport shuttle times and pick-up stations please contact me directly at 404-783-8800 I am happy to assist.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stay at plenty of IHG properties and I generally expect Holiday Inn's to be dated and drab. This one is an exception as it is either newer or recently renovated. Their was a shuttle waiting when I arrived around 10PM and it's about a 5min ride from the airport.

Next AM, I didn't have to wait to get a ride to the Airport MARTA station.

I never stopped by the restaurant so I can't speak to that. Normally at IHG properties,club members get a bottle of water on arrival and a newspaper in the AM, that didn't happen at this hotel, maybe because its an airport hotel and relatively cheap??

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear SteveL,

Thank you for being a rewards member and for your 4 star rating. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and apologize for not supplying you with your morning paper and bottled water. We hope that you return and allow us an opportunity to "Change Your View"- I can assure you that you will receive all the perks our Rewards Members have come to expect from our brand. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at 404-783-8800 I am happy to assist.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!