“Great place for overnight stay”

Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

stayed in Atlanta overnight while traveling Internationally. It was super clean, comfy and just what I needed to relax. Hotel has a shuttle to the airport, and is very close I had a very nice stay and enjoyed the room service and burger bar. A good nights rest and I was on my way.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear GreggB,

Thank you for your 5 star review and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad that your overnight stay was exceptional and met your expectations. Ensuring that your stay is " clean & comfy" is what we consistently strive for.

Thank you for choosing Great Hotels- Guest Love

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had a layover in Atlanta and booked this hotel at the last minute and are SO glad we did. It was super clean, comfy and just what we needed after traveling. It has a shuttle to the airport, and is so close and covenant. We didn't get to stay for breakfast- but wish we could have!

Room Tip: Pretty much any room is great- we didn't even hear any airport noise at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BeHonestevery1,

Thank you for your 5 star review and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay during your layover and that your visit with us was exceptional. Please return so that you can experience the Holiday Inn breakfast where Mornings Matter!

Again thank you for choosing Great Hotels-Guest Love!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We arrived after a long fight from London around 9pm very tired and were greeted by two smiling receptionists which brightened up our evening. Kenyatta was very helpful in arranging for an early morning wake up call and also arranged for a taxi to pick us up at 7.30am for our next flight from the International Terminal. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was just great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear CliveTPR,

Thank you for your 5 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are continuously seeking new and better ways to deliver great service. I am glad that your stay was exceptional and I hope that you will return and make us your #1 destination of choice when traveling to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here on a stopover on the way to Belize. Nice airy hotel without beng too big. Lovely friendly staff, and good comfy rooms. Food in the 'bar' was good except it wasn't that hot, don't know if that was due to the air-con. Used the pool and spa tub, which wasn't very big, but only us in there, luckily. They provide towels in there, but they're only hand towels, so take your bath towel down if you use it. Hotel provide a shuttle bus to and from the airport, but pick up and drop off at the airport is a little confusing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean R
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Jean R,

Thank you for your 4 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize for your food being cold and the absence of pool towels during your visit. We will address your concerns accordingly and we invite you to return and allow us an opportunity to Change Your View.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Once again another good stay.
This is the second time I have stayed here this year.
Its always clean and quiet.
The staff are very professional and care about your comfort.
I will always request this location when traveling to Atlanta for business.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Bobby B,

Thank you for your 5 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy that your stays are always exceptional. The staff here genuinely care about our guest and we are constantly making changes so that we deliver excellent service to ensure your comfort. Come back and visit us soon we look forward to your stay.

Thank you from the team at Holiday Inn Atlanta South

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed one night. The staff welcomed me warmly. The room (King NS) was very nicely appointed, comfortable and spacious. The room was not yet updated to modern, but it looked new, clean and well maintained. I prefer this traditonal style compared to Holiday Inn's new updated modern style. The pillows seemed old, but that is the only issue I saw.The bath was unique with a door that could close off the entire bathroom or just the toilet section. This is an airport hotel and I did hear a plane before midnight and was not surprised or bothered because I knew where I was. The lobby and restaurant are updated. The restaurant is absolutely stunning in the use of materials. Wood, cement, marble, tile, porcelain, and it all comes together like an Architectural Digest cover. Beautiful. I ordered breakfast and it was exactly as I ordered it. My scrambled eggs were yellow without any gross brown/ griddle residue anywhere and my pancakes were fluffy and filled with fresh blueberries. The coffee was very good.The waitress was friendly and helpful. When I entered through the back door from the parking lot, I was concerned. The carpet was quite soiled and the area looked dingy. On my room floor, the hallway carpet was being cleaned, hopefully they have made it to the back entryway. I felt safe in the parking lot. It is an airport area and it is Atlanta. But I know what scary places look like and this isn't one of them.There is also a new hamburger/craft beer restaurant which I did not get to try, but the menu looked good. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the back side and heard a plane at night. I don't know if being on the front side wo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear n2bn,

Thank you for your 4 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. The entire hotel was recently renovated to include the pillows so I am sorry that the pillows seemed old.Holiday Inn Atlanta South is constantly working to improve the guest experience and your feedback will assist us in future changes to ensure that your stay is exceptional every time. We are happy to you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Clean and updated property with nice rooms. Onsite restaurant was okay since you can't walk anywhere to get good near by. Questionable location at best, we did or feel safe walking outside in the night.
Airport shuttle wasn't very user friendly, waited more than 45 minutes and the staff wasn't very helpful. Overall, somewhere to sleep , they charge an arm for parking.

• Stayed: February 2014
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Jimmy_OhioState,

Thank you for your 4 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience the $6.00 parking fee may have caused you, we are always looking for new ways to improve your stay and we will definitely consider the parking rate in the future. Also, we have onsite security and the local police are very visible in the airport area so safety is our number one priority and guest do walk around the area frequently as well as utilize the walking path located just behind the hotel. We hope that you would return and allow us an opportunity to Change Your View!

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!