“Extremely ghetto!”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Extremely ghetto!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I choose this hotel for our family reunion because of the location and price. The first night our shower would not drain properly. The next day I went to the front desk and asked for complimentary breakfast to make up for the inconvinience. The front desk attendant informed me that I would still have to pay extra. Keep in mind she had a stack of breakfast cards for my family reunion. I asked to speak to the manager Eniska Triplett. As soon as I began to explain what was going on she started making these faces as if she is a teenager and I was her parent. I asked her why the "ugly" faces and she replied that she can make any faces she wants. I informed her that I wanted holiday inns hospitality garuntee which states that if any part of your stay isn't satisfactory they promise to make it right or you won't pay for that part of your stay. She made it very clear very quick that she would send someone to fix the tub but she wouldn't honor the hospitality garuntee. I went back to my room and took pictures of my bath tub and the garuntee. I returned to the front desk to retrive the managers name. She did not have any cards in the lobby. The manager continued with her extremely unprofessional attitude. I informed her that I would send the pictures to corporate. Then I began to record her, she immediately walks in the back and calls the police to have me removed from the property! I did not yell, curse or threaten anyone! There was another gentleman in the lobby that witnessed it all. I didn't realize what she was doing until the officers knocked on my rooms door. I was already on the phone with cooperate but they could not make her let my family of four stay. So we were put out right then. The carpet was gross. The employees in the hotel had a dominos/ card room upstairs that sounded like a house party. If your looking for a cheap hotel and enjoy a low budget atmosphere this is the place for you! I will post the video of the manager on you tube on Monday.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Keith P
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Keith P,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry that your stay did not go as planned. It is our understanding that you booked your reservation via a third party booking channel that did not include breakfast. Your request for breakfast was predicated on the rate that your family received that did in fact include breakfast; negotiated through the sales department. While attempting to explain this to you, you indicated that your tub would not drain and you wanted a refund based on the Holiday Inn Promise; when asked if you reported your issue to the Front Office you indicated that you had not; Unreported issues does not allow for management and staff to attempt various types of resolutions such as yours. Upon your report that your tub did not drain, Engineering was immediately contacted and dispatched to your room. Your tub was fixed while you were still at the desk requesting a refund. As stated, you booked your reservation via a third party and we attempted to explain to you that you would have to request a refund to be issued via the third party. Because we could not agree to a resolution and issue a refund nor would you comply with several request to calm down, you were asked to leave and ultimately escorted off premises. It is not the policy of Holiday Inn to not satisfy guest, We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to all of our guest-consistently, when guest report issues to the staff it is handled expediently, guest must also comply with the hotel policies and procedures as it relates to conduct and the treatment of our employees, staff and guest.

Again, we apologize if your stay did not meet your expectations.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Platinum ihg member, I had to tell front desk what was included in my rate. Btw I paid for an executive lvl room.My wife and 2 kids got to the room and it had a hint of smoking in a non smoking room. Room recently updated, but extremely small. So small the bathroom door and water closet door was the same door literally. 2 door frames at 90 degree. So looking at the back of the door I noticed they put us in the smallest room on the floor. Why would you put a family of 4 in your smallest room? Honestly wish I would have booked a different hotel. I will say the room was clean except the smell.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear rupking,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize if your stay was not what you have come to expect and hope that you will return and give us an opportunity to Change Your View. If you would like to discuss your in detail please contact me directly at 404-763-8800 ext 2035, I would be happy to assist.

Again thank you for choosing Great Hotels-Guest Love!

Atlanta USA
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Great Holiday Inn - ask for 6th floor room. The Burger bar and tv area is super - desserts are to die for - but the best tip ever? Pay to leave your car here and travel - it's 50% cheaper than the park and ride that's across the road from the hotel. Pool and gym are small but who cares - not me!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Expattraveler100
Dear Expattraveler100,

Thank you for your 5 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Thank you for choosing Great Hotels-Guest Love

Milton Freewater, Oregon
Reviewed 24 June 2014

stayed in Atlanta overnight while traveling Internationally. It was super clean, comfy and just what I needed to relax. Hotel has a shuttle to the airport, and is very close I had a very nice stay and enjoyed the room service and burger bar. A good nights rest and I was on my way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear GreggB,

Thank you for your 5 star review and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad that your overnight stay was exceptional and met your expectations. Ensuring that your stay is " clean & comfy" is what we consistently strive for.

Thank you for choosing Great Hotels- Guest Love

Portage, Michigan
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had a layover in Atlanta and booked this hotel at the last minute and are SO glad we did. It was super clean, comfy and just what we needed after traveling. It has a shuttle to the airport, and is so close and covenant. We didn't get to stay for breakfast- but wish we could have!

Room Tip: Pretty much any room is great- we didn't even hear any airport noise at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear BeHonestevery1,

Thank you for your 5 star review and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay during your layover and that your visit with us was exceptional. Please return so that you can experience the Holiday Inn breakfast where Mornings Matter!

Again thank you for choosing Great Hotels-Guest Love!

Mexico
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We arrived after a long fight from London around 9pm very tired and were greeted by two smiling receptionists which brightened up our evening. Kenyatta was very helpful in arranging for an early morning wake up call and also arranged for a taxi to pick us up at 7.30am for our next flight from the International Terminal. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was just great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear CliveTPR,

Thank you for your 5 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are continuously seeking new and better ways to deliver great service. I am glad that your stay was exceptional and I hope that you will return and make us your #1 destination of choice when traveling to the Atlanta area.

Valley, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here on a stopover on the way to Belize. Nice airy hotel without beng too big. Lovely friendly staff, and good comfy rooms. Food in the 'bar' was good except it wasn't that hot, don't know if that was due to the air-con. Used the pool and spa tub, which wasn't very big, but only us in there, luckily. They provide towels in there, but they're only hand towels, so take your bath towel down if you use it. Hotel provide a shuttle bus to and from the airport, but pick up and drop off at the airport is a little confusing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jean R
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Jean R,

Thank you for your 4 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize for your food being cold and the absence of pool towels during your visit. We will address your concerns accordingly and we invite you to return and allow us an opportunity to Change Your View.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!