“Comfortable beds....”

Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Tenerife
“Comfortable beds....”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

A bit worn down, beds sheets clean, beds very comfortable. Staff friendly, gave us breakfast even we where 1 hour late. 5 min. Walk to restaurants. Ok for 1 night, As an other reviewer said, u get what u pay for....
By the way, order via internet, had to pay 11 dollar more when did the reservation dir. to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
We appreciate your feedback and we are glad you chose us,we look forward to serving you in future,thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I have spent many nights in different microtel. I stayed in hotels of the Microtel chain at Florida and Maryland. I decided to spend the night in this location with my family since I have had good experiences in other locations. By the time I arrived to the hotel at night the front desk clerk was not friendly nor courteous. The hotel lobby has a strong odor and stains on carpet on many different areas. Upon reaching the room the smell continued, but I had already paid for the night. I asked the front desk for a playpen and gentleman gave me a playpen with many stains. The bathroom had stains around and below the sink area and the area of the shower head had mold. The window area is also very dirty and had mold residue. The outside of the hotel is in worse condition. The back has no grass and there are a lot of garbage. In the morning we decided not to eat breakfast in fear of getting food poison due to the dirtiness of our room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
carolinem M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
I am concerned about the situation you encountered at our hotel during your recent Visit. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all at a reasonable price. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised are being addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to prevent problems from occurring.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us,please accept this as a way of saying we need your business, as a come back guest, We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Moultrie, Georgia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

the hotel is not the cleanest in town but for the price and shuttle service it is worth it. bed linen and towels where clean but not new and a hole in couch in window. shuttle service was right on the money at 4:30 am, front desk staff where very polite. I didn't eat the breakfast because it started at 6 am. coffee in the lobby would have been nice. All in all for the price it did what was expected. Not sure if I will stay again because the shuttle service from the airport was not great. Motel 6 driver picked me up after an 1 hr waiting. May try Motel 6 next door the next time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
carolinem M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2012

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all at a reasonable price.Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Microtel Inn Atlanta Airport
4839 Massachusetts Blvd
College Park, GA30337
PH - (770) 994 - 3003
FX - (770) 994 - 9441

gm.microtelcp@jhmhotels.com
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Even though the hotel advertises prices from ~$35, they charged me $120. For this price, I got a dingy room that smelled awful. The room was freezing because the A/C was on high and could not be lowered due to the knobs having been completely ripped out of the unit. With the dim lighting (not even a bedside lamp) and the mirror running the full length of the wall behind the bed, maybe I should have been given the option to pay by the hour? Another guest told me that soap in her shower had not be changed from the previous guest. Gross.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
carolinem M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 25 May 2012

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We booked this for an overnight layover for the Atlanta airport. Arrived at 9: 30 pm, they did hold our room for us....front desk staff person was very nice and recommded local pizza because we were starving. Ordered and it arrived in 30 min. as stated. Hotel is crummy. Linens on bed were shabby and discolored, everything in the room was "sticky", had to wipe it down. Slept in our clothes!!! Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. "Hot" breakfast was the worst ever. A couple of dry cereals, some milk, juice, a few muffins and bagels and a basket of apples off in the corner. Not very appetizing. Very weak and cold coffee. Many other hotels in the area. Beds were very soft and uncofortable. Duvet was dingy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
carolinem M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2012

Microtel Inn Atlanta Airport
4839 Massachusetts Blvd
College Park, GA30337
PH - (770) 994 - 3003
FX - (770) 994 - 9441

email-micolleg@jhmhotels.com
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Got to this hotel it offers shuttle services every 30mins to and from airport. Staff was great very helpfull no matter what was asked. Breakfast was good for continental. I would stay there again. They are close to buses but shuttle was all that was needed

Room Tip: No recomandations
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
carolinem M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank your for your positive review we look forward to seving you again with your lodging need
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Not what I usually expect from Microtel. I am very disappointed with this location! This place is in very bad shape. Microtel needs to pay this location alot of attention to bring it up to standards. I felt bad for the young man who was working the night we checked in. I believe his name is Josh. He was the only staff member working (from 4pm - 1 am). How does a hotel do that? It happened to be a busy time with check-ins as well as customers having issues with the hotel (No towels, No kleenex, No cups). He was running around the hotel trying to take care of everyone's complaints, all while running the desk. The room I was in had obvious repairs from water damage and needed more repairs. I fixed the bathroom door handle that was about to fall off. After I had showered the next morning, I discovered the towels had some hairs on them. I had to dry off with a hand towel. So here's my suggestions for who ever is in charge. 1: Replace the person, or people, running this hotel. 2: Have a house keeping staff member working the late shifts. 3: Hire someone who can order supplies properly so supplies are stocked. 4: If the first three aren't woth changing, then drop this location from your chain. Finally, kudos to Josh. He's a nice guy who works hard. He took care of what we needed, along with all the other complaints, without complaining himself.

Room Tip: Avoid this location.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
carolinem M, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for taking your time to post your comments on trip advisor.I apologize that your exeperience was below your expectations,our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve,but to exceed to ur expectations to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us,feedback such as your tells us what we are doing wrong and what we are doing right and help us improve ,please know that your comments and issues will be addresed.

Its is our hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

if I can provide any assistance,don't hesitate to contact me directly at 770 994 3003