Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel overnight following our flight from the UK.
This is a great hotel for a stop-over. Very clean, large rooms ( we had two queen size beds), free parking and includes a breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
JOELH_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel, we appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Atlanta. Your comments are very much appreciated. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Safe Travels!

Fairfield inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South

Reviewed 19 April 2013

i drew this hotel through priceline, and experienced none of the negative prognostications i read on this site. ALL of the employees were very friendly and accommodating, the front desk check-in was quick and efficient, and the room and bathroom were very, very clean with no funky or unusual odor at all. the very worst i can say about this hotel is that the furnishings were not flawless and elegant, the bed was not luxurious softy-comfy, and the breakfast (FREE!) was not comparable to a complete shoney's breakfast bar. i am not super-picky about hotels, and i can gripe just as well as the next person about a sorry stay ... this hotel certainly deserves a better rap than many tripadvisees will read on this site!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BIGbob07

Thank you for your comments on our Fairfield Inn, we appreciate your business. Our team is dedicated to providing great service and clean rooms. We do hope on your next trip to Atlanta you will stay with us again.

Your comments will be shared with our team and whether they are positive or negative they will be used to help us to improve our product and service for all future guests, Thanks again for your responsse.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

A few friends and myself came to ATL for the weekend for an all-girls trip and we stayed at this hotel. The staff were very customer-friendly, from the front desk to housekeeping, and the breakfast was decent. I have no complaints at all! Definitely will stay there in the future!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank your for your comments on your recent stay to our Fairfield Inn Atlanta Airport South. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope your will stay with us again in the future. Your comments will be shared with our team so we can continually strive t improve our service and product. We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand and for responding to TripAdvisor.

Thanks again for your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Was in Atlanta for business all week, switch to this property the night before a super early flight to be closer to airport. I am a Marriott property guy so this was an easy choice as I know what to expect at a Fairfield Inn. I average 55 nights a year on the road and this was the first time in 3 years I every had to ask for another room. I arrived at 11pm to check in, the front desk staff was terrific, quick and friendly. As I walked towards the elevator I started to see the age on this property, there where broken and cracked tiles in the lobby and in the elevator. Not a big deal, I was not sleeping in the lobby. I enetered my room that was 74 degrees, walked over to the air conditioner and it did not work. Turned to the phone to call the front desk and the phone was missing buttons as well as covered with caked on dirt (Really Nasty). Then, I noticed that there was a shower cap covering the sprinkler head, and the bed skirt has covered in white stains. I went down tot he front desk to ask for a new room, of course, I was told they were sold out (Generic response for the front desk to not help you). I demanded and persisted that they change my room or transfer me to a sister property at there expense, because I was a Gold Elite status. Reluctantly they gave me a new room at the expense of someone who didn't check in yet, I am sure they were pissed when they got my decrepite room. My new room was not much better in the cleanliness department but at least the air conditioner worked.

Room Tip: Save yourself the hassle, try elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mfd4300

Thank your for your comments on your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the condition of your guest room. We do strive to provide a clean comfortable room in which your stay will be enjoyable and productive and when we fall short of that it is imperative we take steps to ensure this does not happen again. Your comments have been share with our managment staff and employees and used as a tool to improve our service and product.

As a Marriott Reward Gold member your business is truly appreciated as is your loyalty to the Marriott brand. We apologize for your recent stay and do hope you will stay with us in the future so we can have another opprotunity to show you a true Marriott experience you are accustomed to.

Again, I am truly sorry for falling short of your expectations and do hope you will give us another opprotunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We chose to stay here specifically because we needed 2 double beds plus a sofa bed. The hotel's profile said there was 2 double beds and a sofa bed. We even called ahead of time to Fairfield Inn and Suites to confirm that our room would have 2 double beds and a sofa bed. We arrive to the hotel at 10 pm after driving for 8 and a half hours and guess what? No sofa bed in the room. Our room had only 2 double beds and NO sofa bed or even a sofa. The hotel has no roll away beds either. When we went to the staff about this issue they were extremely unhelpful! They said the best they could do was to offer us another room at a discounted rate of $59, but we had chosen that hotel because it was one of the few that supposedly offered two doubles and a sofa bed and already paid quite a bit of money for the one room we had reserved. We insisted that they give us either: a roll away bed (they said they had none), another room free of charge (they said they were not authorized to do this), or find another hotel for us that met our needs for the same price. They did not help us with any of the 3 options. We spent an hour in the hotel lobby trying to find another place to stay without the hotel staff's help. The staff was rude and even smart alecky (if that's a word). At no point did the staff even apologize for the inconvenience this caused my family. I will never stay at another Fairfield Inn again regardless of the location. They are not honest on their website or when you contact them by phone of their offerings. As a side note, we ended up finding a room at the Hyatt Place North which did have 2 doubles and a sofa bed. The staff at Hyatt Place were great!

Room Tip: This hotel only has two types of rooms: rooms with 2 double beds and rooms with 1 king size bed
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We arrived with a group of 20 students to be told they had no parking for our bus due to another group being there. Then they told us we would not be able to eat in the regular breakfast area because they could not accomodate us. We were able to get an overflow room in their conference room which we appreciated. However, the workers were standing in the lobby hawking to make sure our group went to the overflow room even though there were two or three other bus groups there too. Breakfast had a decent amount of choices but quickly depleted with the number of people staying during our visit.

My husband had called the hotel at least two times to confirm that our room had a king sized bed. He was assured we would have one. Upon arrival, we were not told any differently. When I discovered the double beds, I was told they did not have a single room with a king bed anywhere. Seemed strange since it was a Wednesday. Not sure I was told the truth but have no way to prove it. One of our advisors was double booked to someone else's room. Luckily, they discovered it before he went up. Early the next morning, he was awakened by noise in the hallway at 2 am and then girls opening his door. The phone started ringing a few times in a row with each time no one being on the other end. When he called the front desk, the attendant swore it was not him. However, the same background noise was present on all of the calls. Our advisor went down to the front desk at the time and did not receive a good explanation or an apology for this inconvenience.

Our door handle came off in my hand as I attempted to go out one evening, the sink did not drain, and the fridge froze our drinks and eventually made a can explode. The bedskirts were filty and the maid decided to throw away my soap I brought from home that I must have due to allergies. I have never had this happen in all of my years. She also threw out the shampoo and conditioner and did not bother to leave a shampoo in its place. The beds are old and hard with an extra padding on top to try to help make them more comfortable but it is not happening. The noise of the planes, the noisy hallways, and the hard beds do not make for a good nights sleep.

According to other guests on the 4th floor, they needed buckets for leaks. Apparently, the roof leaks too.

I will say maintenance did an immediate fix to the door handle the next morning when I alerted them and attempted to make the sink drain properly. He made it better but not perfect. At least some of the water would drain out!

There are so many better options in the area. If you have a choice, go next door or somewhere else. We will not be back and do not have much good to say about this except we are thankful to be home. This does not even meaure up to be anything close to a Marriott property. I am not sure how they are able to keep the name. I am a Marriott Rewards Member and have never had an experience like this in any of their properties.

Room Tip: 2nd floor gets a lot of the lobby noise because there is an open balcony. 4th floor has roof leaks s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, Management Company at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Hello Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the expereince you had at our hotel in Atlanta. We did have 4 groups at the hotel all students like your group. The entire hotel was completely full due to these groups over several days.

This is the reason why we were not able to change your room type to a King room. The reason for providing your group with our meeting space to have breakfast was due to the lack of space in the breakfast area to accomodate all the guest and groups in the hotel. This is a standard practise at our hotel to help accomodate all our guests.

I have taken your feedback and will be discussing it in our weekly staff meeting with all the managers.

Nilesh Patel
Area General Manager
JHM Hotels.

Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

We prepaid through Travelocity to stay at another location. When we arrived the hotel had been overbooked and we were told we had to drive over to this location. Our reservations were for two Queen size beds and a sofa bed, my family being a party of 5 with mom, dad, grandma and two teen age boys. I had to pay for an additional room so none of us would sleep on the floor. The hotel is nice and clean but walls are paper thin, all night long up until 3 AM we could here other guests talking laughing and fighting as they walk to and from their rooms.. It is located in an old. Section of ALT with a row of other small hotels with nothing else around bit warehouses. Not too nice. Ok for one night if you''re stuck or if Travelocity does not guarantee your room but not for a long stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank AMEDEUS98
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, Area General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate circumstance in which you came to our hotel. Unfortunately we do not have rooms that are large enough to have a roll-away bed in rooms that already have 2 queen size beds, this would be against fire regulations and code.
This is the reason that you had to purchase a 2nd room at our hotel.

I am sorry for the noise issues you and your family experienced. I hope you had the opportunity to let our front desk staff know about the noise issues as we would have addressed them. We a team member at our front desk 24 hours a day. We also have night security 7 days per week so they would have been able to address any noise concerns.

I thank you for taking the time to post a review, all feedback negative and posative is great for our team and helps us to continually improve.

I dont hope your travels bring you back to our great city of Atlanta, and that you will have a more pleasant experience. We would also love the opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

Nilesh Patel
Area General Manager
Fairfield Inn Atlanta Airport South.