“short stay was acceptable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in College Park
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“short stay was acceptable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Thank you for accommodating us.
We arrived @ 1:30am from the Microtel next door that we refused to stay in. They were at full capacity and the attendant even tried to find us a room elsewhere.
He had a 2am reservation that cancelled out and we got that room.
The room was clean and that's all we ever ask. We felt safe in our room and were able to sleep.
We were out by 6am.

1 Thank PATRICIA W
Terry F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words of thanks. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope that you will stay with us again if in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Aventura, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well kept, identical to all fairfield inns, which is ok because you know what you are going to get before you arrive. The downside for this hotel is the location, very close to airport 7 mins away on the hotel shuttle, but there is Nothing around it, except for a Ruby Tuesday Restaurant 3 blocks away,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JOELH_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

I do understand your concerns with limited resturants sorrounding our area. We have three properties on Sullivan road, where the complimentary shuttle will provide transportation . The Hitlon Garden Inn, Courtyard and the Maririott Millenium center resturants have dinner and happy hour which starts at 5:00 pm. I do apologize that we failed to give you the information needed for these resturants. Striving to give our guest all the information needed for them to have a comfortable stay is our goal. If your choose Fairfield Inn and Suites as a choice of stay in the upcoming futire, we will provide all information needed.
Mineola, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I really liked this hotel. Too bad the area around the hotel is sort of unkept. The staff were very hospitable and the room very nice. However I just did not feel safe trying to walk to close by restaurants. This is not the hotel's fault but is part of the stay. Close to airport with a convenient shuttle. Definitely would consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued guest,

Fairfield Inn and Suites enjoyed you as a elite guest. We strive to accomodate our guest with all their needs, although we do not have many resturants in the airport area location, there is a complimantary shuttle that provides service to and from the Ruby Tuesday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we have complimentary guest receptions in the lobby area. We apprecaite your feed back, and look forward to having you again as a elite guest.

Kind Regards,

Fairfield Inn and Suites
Centennial, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for a conference that was actually at the other Marriott. This one offered free breakfast so I chose it. I'm glad I did since the other Marriott (actually Marriott Brand) had a breakfast buffet that was much larger but it was $18 each! Wow it must be good. Anyway, the Fairfield had an ok free breakfast. Typical waffle maker, oatmeal, eggs and sausage. Not real extensive. I was a little disappointed when they ran out of oatmeal and syrup on Monday which was a holiday. They did their best to accommodate and were very nice. Not a luxury hotel but decent enough. Beds were OK. I didn't expect a lot for $81/night.

Dear valued guest,

We appreciate your business as a elite guest. We do apologize for the shortage of breakfast items at your time of stay. We strive to make sure all guest are taken care of with elite satisfaction. Please accept my apologies for the short comings of the breakfast, breakfast should always be stocked and replenished for the guest. We can guarantee this wont happen again, if you choose our hotel as a place to stay.
Daraga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent 9 days here on a business trip - wanted someplace near the airport. This is a good "middle of the road" place to stay - advantage is the rate is good compared to others and the location is okay. You can find cheaper a little further south, but the area to the south is a high crime area. Buffet breakfast was good (no other meal served) and varied, WiFi was good. Room was kept clean, I didn't have much interface with the staff, but they seemed okay. Only a Ruby Tuesday nearby, so if you don't have your own transportation, and staying more than one night, meals could be a problem. The location is quiet. Overall, no complaints, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room by the back door, easier to find parking in the back. Downside is that the elevator is fa...
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at this Fairfield Inn & Suites in Atlanta several days ago. I chose the hotel based on proximity to the airport and past reviews from this site as well as others, the free breakfast and wi-fi were also good points. However, upon waking on the second night of vacation at one in the morning, I found bed bugs, in the bed. Several of them. Ranging from very small sized, to adult bugs filled with blood (which I found out after I squashed them). This has been my first and only experience with bed bugs and it left me absolutely disgusted. My guest and myself immediately left the facility, and although the front staff was polite when I alerted them, the fact that I found bed bugs on me, in the bed, was HORRIBLE. So as a result, my guest and myself were driving around on our vacation, all over Atlanta, at 1:30 to almost 3 in the morning looking for another hotel, which was nearly impossible as several that we stopped to was completely booked. I am now suffering from bed bug bites, ALL over my arms, my neck, my back, and my face. It has been MISERABLE. No amount of hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion is of help. As a result I am MISERABLE!

Unfortunately because of this incident I will never stay at another Fairfield, or even Marriott, as I now have built this association with bed bugs to that brand. Future travelers, check your beds. I thought a quick glance over and under the covers was sufficient, but obviously not. I was very disappointed and saddened by this experience as it ruined my vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank TAmember905
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sincerely very sorry for the bed bug incident. It was never our intention of selling a room or having a guest stay in a room with bed bugs.
We do train our engineering team and housekeeping teams as they are cleaning or doing any maintenance work to look for tell tail signs for bed bugs or activity of bed bugs - i.e their eggs, our shells or other signs that we have been taught by our pest control company.
We do take this issue very seriously. We have any rooms reported to us check professionally by a pest control company. The rooms adjacent are also checked in case. The room(s) is then treated and after a week or so, the room is inspected to make sure that there are no bed bugs. Only after the pest control company gives us an all clear, do we deep clean the room before it is read to be sold to a new guest.
We do apologize for the encounter you had. Please be rest assured that our hotel is not full of bed bugs. This can happen at any hotel, from economy brands to the high-end 5 star hotels, no hotels are immune to this pest.
We work as diligently as possible to identify them and get to them before a guest does. They can stay dormant and not move or feed for over 6 months, so they can be hard to find.

We are extremely sorry for this experience, please do not think that because you had this horrible experience at our hotel that every Fairfield Inn or Marriott hotel around the country has it. Every hotel company uses pretty much the same 3 or 4 methods to get rid of bed bugs in their hotels. It does not matter if its a Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn or Sheraton, Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. We all are battling this issue to find them and get them exterminated before a guest has to encounter them.

Please contact us at the hotel, so they we can provide you a refund for your stay if you have not already received it.

Nilesh Patel
Area General Manager
JHM Hotels
c/o Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife got stuck in Atlanta when they closed the gate on her connecting flight with Delta 2 minutes before she got there and wouldn't open it even though the plane was still at the gate. She called me and asked me to book her a hotel. This Fairfield had the best rates with clean looking rooms, so I called to try to beat the crowd. The woman who helped me make the reservations was extremely helpful and kind. She wanted to make sure my wife knew that if she needed anything that she could find her at the front desk and that she sympathized with her situation. My wife ended up going to the wrong Fairfield and had a taxi driver try to hustle her for double the fair. The people at the front desk of the other Fairfield were able to help her get an honest driver to take her where she needed to go. When she got to the Fairfield Airport South, she was greeted warmly, booked into a suite (they had overbooked but still took great care of her), and made it into her room within 5 minutes of arriving.

Thank you to the wonderful staff at both hotels! You turned a bad situation into a good experience (a saintly trait) for both me and my wife!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I am glad your wife was accommodated at our hotel and taken care. These situations can occur often at the large and busy airports due to weather or mechanical failures. I will be sure to let our guest services team know what little actions and attitudes can do to make a big impact to a guests stay.
Your wife's experience and potential of not finding a hotel room was changed around into a great experience. This is very impactful in times of inconveniences.
I will make sure that the guest service team is commended and rewarded for doing the right thing and being there for our guests.

If your travels bring you to our fair city, we do hope we will have to opportunity to serve you.

Best Regards,
Nilesh Patel
Area General Manager
JHM Hotels
c/o Fairfield Inn Atlanta Airport South.