“Some Problems, But Overall a Good Stayover”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was traveling with a group of 18 on a Civil Rights pilgrimage. We stayed the first night at this hotel. On the positive side, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was accommodating and allowed us to watch a video and hold a meeting in the lobby. However, on the not-so-positive side: We had made our reservations over the internet and requested some roll-away beds so we could group the kids three to a room. Upon arrival, we discovered the hotel had no roll-away beds. We pointed out our computer print-out which noted the request. Their response, "Yes, it says you requested the beds, it doesn't say that we have them." It would have been nice if someone had let us know. Fortunately, the hotel had some extra rooms so no one ended up sleeping on the floor. But as a church group, we were unhappy with the extra expense. The only "pool" was a small jacuzzi, we asked if there were any other options available for our young people. They said they had an agreement with the next door Marriott, but when we arrived over there, the Marriott staff said the Fairfield Inn staff was lying, they had no agreement. It was only when we threatened to report them to the Marriott headquarters that they relented and let our kids use the pool. That second incident may not be the Fairfield staff's fault, so I'm rating the hotel average, but I recommend calling the hotel to confirm any optional arrangements you may online.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Ralegh,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road for your recent stay, and for taking the time to post your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay other than the few issues you had to face. We are sorry about that. We do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta South

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This is a good airport hotel. Shuttle is complmentary, departs from the airport at 25 and 55 minutes past the hour. Less than a 10 minute ride to the hotel property. Check-in was fast and staff was friendly. Room had all the amenities one would need. Flat screen TV, free wifi, fridge, microwave, and hair dryer, and in the bath shampoo and conditioner. Room and bath were spotless. Complimentary breakfast included with many items to choose from. Hotel is located in a fairly quiet area, one can hear the aircraft landing, so if your a lite sleeper, ear plugs will do the trick. Not too much to do near the hotel, there is one restaurant nearby, so if you don't have a car you can take the shuttle back to the airport and take MARTA into the surrounding area or into downtown.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank yvr1

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn for your stay and for writing a wonderful review. As you mentioned, our location is very convenient to the highway and airport. We also offer complimentary hot breakfast in the mornings for your enjoyment. Thanks again, we hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed one night at the hotel. I arrived early and the front desk staff was very cordial and checked us in within 30 minutes. The room was clean and the hotel offered a complimentary breakfast that was very nice. The hotel offered a complimentary shuttle to the hotel and it was easy to find and load.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lee M
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Lee,

Thank you for posting your feedback and sharing it with fellow travelers. It is always great to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us, and comments like yours reassures me that we are on the right track. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Atlanta.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hello i am a valuable guest all i arrived on Monday Checked out Today i dont understand why mangerment dont allow their supervisor to not give guest towels..i had my towels to exchange for clean towel i seen a young lady cleaning rooms so i say excuse me can i have fresh towels please she just continued so i said it again so she approached the door looking hot mess ring nose and music playing loud so she said my i help u? I ask her can i have towels please ,she ask what room are u in? So i told her what room i was in and she oh is not my room i get your housekeeper...i was stung...really please handle that Employer she needs retraining. ....

• Stayed: July 2014
Terry F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for sharing this information with me. We at no time limit our employees from giving our guest any supplies. This was definitely not something that the management team teaches our employees and this employee will definitely be dealt with swiftly. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in this area and I can assure you that this is not the way we do business.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The shuttle service for pickup from Atlanta Airport is poor at best. I waited 55 minutes for the pickup. (they claim they come at :05 and :20 after the hour. You can see the time gap with this schedule)
I saw many hotels come by twice before I was picked up. I fly to Atlanta a lot and this is the longest wait ever. The hotel is a long distance from the airport and almost no dining options exist without a car. The rooms are nice enough but it is a poor example of a Marriot property. You would do better with other Atlanta Airport options. This should be a two star property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in reference to your most recent experience at our hotel. I do apologize for the shuttle issue and will defintely speak with my drivers and the supervisor. We do our very best to ensure that all aspects of our guest stay is satisfactory which includes the shuttle service.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Myself, mom, and sister checked in yesterday evening for an overnite stay and the room is clean, staff are nice. However, they do need to invest in new mattresses-very hard mattresses,like sleeping on a board, correction you will not fall asleep. Secondly, we left out of the room at 7am to go eat breakfast and upon returning at 7:45am,our keys would not work. I went to the hotel desk and the staff reprogrammed the key. I replied my car key must have touched my room key and deprogrammed it! He said no, you only have a one day stay and on the day of check out whenever you leave the room, we have the key set up to lock out and no return. I replied we'll check out is not until noon am I correct? He said yes but that is how we do it. The hotel staff should tell their guest that info upon check in. We actually had 4 hours left until checkout, and our luggage was still in the room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Terry F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share this information with me. I do apologize for you having to come back to the desk and have your keys reprogrammed. I am unsure what might have demagnetized your room keys but I can assure you the system is not set up the way the front desk agent informed you. The room keys are programmed to stop working at noon the day a guest is supposed to check out which is why we have to reprogram them when a guest extends their stay. I do apologize for the stay member giving you incorrect information and I will make sure that I inform all the front desk staff how the system works so they will have better knowledge for our guest.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I really wish i read reviews before I booked this hotel. When I arrived I almost just turned around and left. This is a poor Fairfield Inn. Marriott should step in to correct this mess.

Check in
Not a problem and off to the room. The front desk clerk was nice but there was another one standing there and did not look up from the computer when people were waiting. The worst part is I think she was the manager.
Sent off to my room and went right back down to switch because the mildew odor in the room was not acceptable. The second room was acceptable.

Room
Average Fairfield room. No frills but the TV is placed so low on a dresser its hard to see from your bed.

TV
Besides it being at just about bed level they had a decent amount of channels.

Bed
Bit soft for my liking but that is preference. I also just felt it was dirty.

Parking lot
I really dislike staying at hotels that give free airport parking to past guests. They never ask them to park closer to the back of the hotel so you are always stuck parking in the way back of the lot.

Area
There is nothing around except a TGI Fridays for food. I don't suggest driving around looking for food. I tried that and ended up in a sketchy area.

Bath
Besides feeling like nothing was clean there was no problem with hot water when I wanted to take a shower.

Noise
The plane noise really isn't bad at all. Never even noticed any as this is not below a runway. The one thing that did annoy me was the noise outside. At one point there were people screaming and carrying on so I looked out the window and it was the HOTEL WORKERS!

Overall
This will be the last time I stay at this location. I'm sorry I didn't read reviews before I booked. There are a lot of choices around the airport and I'll just pick a different Marriott property next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in reference to your most recent stay here. We do apologize that your experience was not to your satisfaction, however, we will make sure that we address all of your concerns and make improvements in all areas.