“Nice airport hotel.”

Atlanta Airport Marriott
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while working at the Scott Antique market. The hotel is newly remodeled and very nicely appointed. Check in was smooth and friendly, especially Maurice, who upgraded me to a nice upper floor. Everyone I encountered offered a nice hello. Had a light snack with Monica in the bar, and it was delightful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is very convenient for flying out of the airport. The service here was very good upon check-in. We asked for the top floor and got a corner room which was very spacious. We wanted to go to a Braves game and the front desk attendant helped us with tickets and printed them off. He gave us directions to catch the Marta train to the braves shuttle in the underground. Very good service. Will definitely stay here again on our next visit. Breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were not looking forward to an overnight trip to Atlanta figuring it would be boring at best and unpleasant at worst considering we wouldn't have much time to explore. Were we ever wrong! Our stay at the Atlanta Airport Marriott was like a mini-vacation! It started at the Front Desk when I discovered my reservation (with my Marriott Rewards points) had not gone through. The desk clerk called another more senior clerk over to assist and they found a room for me (using my miles) on the Concierge level. They were super pleasant throughout and wished us a good night's stay. After we checked in, we went down to the boisterous lobby bar for a drink. The crowd was lively and our server was friendly and happily suggested some specialty drinks. After our cocktail, we went to the in-hotel steakhouse for a delicious dinner...again, our server could not have been more gracious and made some excellent suggestions before serving us our multiple dishes hot and very quickly. This morning the maid in the hall gave me a big smile and pointed the way to the ice machine. The two ladies working in the Concierge Center were also exceedingly friendly and helped me through the door with my plate and coffee. All in all, very impressed with the cordiality of the staff -- from beginning to end everyone made our stay super enjoyable! Well done!!

Room Tip: We were on the Concierge Level (15th floor) and the service and selection there was a real plus!
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Okay, so we weren't "trapped" at the hotel, but we did not have a car. We flew into Atlanta on a Friday and used the hotel shuttle to pick us up. Saturday took a cab to the Georgia Aquarium (which is why we came to town). Then used the airport shuttle again Sunday to go home.
My point is, other than the trip to the aquarium, the entire rest of the time my son and I ending up spending it at the hotel. AND WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME!
We swam in the pools, played tennis, ordered room service and sat on our balcony. The restaurants were great. All of the staff was amazing!
ASYA IN VOYA WAS AWESOME! We spent some time talking with her in the restaurant, she's a really great girl and so friendly.
Would definitely return!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The lobby was very clean , and modern. The lighting is lovely and the lounge done tastefully . That being said, the rooms are spacious. However, the bath tub was very dirty. The tub had sop scum!! Very visible. Green liquid running down the side toilet had spots around rim. The duvet had dark in the middle . I couldn't believe it, really!!! Such a nice entrance and lobby. How could the bathtub have been so dirty? Housekeeping came and cleaned but I was turned off about the dirt and scum.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Anthony C, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry for the condition of your bathroom but do appreciate you offering your feedback so we can improve our housekeeping services in the future. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and want you to know how seriouosly we take them. We hope to have another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Atlanta. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance for you.

Best regards

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were on a three-week tour that led us from Atlanta, Tallahassee, Fort Walton Beach, New Orleans, Darrow/Baton Rouge, Natchez, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville back to Atlanta and we stayed at the Atlanta Airport Marriott for the very last night of this trip last week (April 2014). It is around the corner of the airport and the rental car return site. However, we had a night flight back to Berlin and thus had another full day in Atlanta and had to return to the city. It was the mistake of our travel agency as an airport hotel makes only sense when you depart in the early morning. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay here: Very friendly staff, a beautiful and clean room (except the windows), a wonderful swimming pool and fitness area and an astonishing lobby. We were surprised, however, that we had to pay 15USD for parking here. It was also the only hotel on our trip that charged for the internet. Internet is only for free in the lobby (wifi). However, there were free cookies :). All in all, it was a pleasant end of our major three-week tour. A lot of flight crews use the hotel as well. There are various restaurants within a 5-15 minutes drive.

Room Tip: A room on a upper floor to watch the planes landing at the airport and the busy airport itself.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great meeting place ....rooms are average, but always clean and staff is great. I have stayed multiple times a year.
As usual a hotel this close to the airport has a little noise, but that is expected

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Anthony C, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted you choose to stay with us so often. We look forward to welcoming you back and providing you with an excellent stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!