“Superb”

Atlanta Airport Marriott
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed on the concierge floor and had a wonderful nights stay. The beds were amazing (memory foam) and the lobby was first class.

I hope I get another chance to stay here.

Oh yeah, one more thing! The bar soap is incredible. They also have a shoe shine machine in the room!

Awesome.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We are Marriott Gold members and always choose Marriotts for our stay. Stayed at this hotel in October 2013 and experienced reverse discrimination but thought we would try again just in case that was a one time event. IT WAS NOT. We could not get timely service in the restaurant while others of a different color who came In after us were served in a timely manner. This happened again this AM trying to get our car from valet. We WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN and will also recommend to others that they not stay either.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tammie J
Anthony C, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Tammie J, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so very sorry that our service did not live up to your or our standards. We pride ourselves in guest service as well as being brilliant hosts and clearly did not accomplish this during your stay. Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the entire team and we hope we have the opportunity to regain your trust in the future. If you would like to discuss this further or if there is anything I can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask for the Hotel Manager Anthony.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here twice
In the past week in the way back and forth to Colorado. The staff is great, shuttle service is perfect, good pool and plenty if good options. My children loved it and we did to. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I didn't expect this hotel to be so good!!! I stayed here many years ago, but haven't been back in awhile. I was here for a business workshop and was very very impressed! They have trained their entire staff extremely well. From the time you pull up to the front, you feel welcome and taken care of. They were paving the parking lot, which was inconvenient for parking spaces, but were very good to bring out a luggage cart and help me to the room. Everyone is very friendly--from the porters to the people who clean your room. I was extremely surprised and pleased with the great food in the restaurant. The waiters, the food, the service--they all made you feel like family. We were served food in our workshop and even the people waiting on us with that food were so friendly and helpful. I will be back just to stay here when we come to Atlanta.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice over the past 3 months due to a company meeting, most recently this past week, and my impressions were the same... The Atlanta Airport Marriott on Best Road is convenient in that it's only a mile from the Airport.

The hotel is an older style Marriott that was likely built in the late 70's or early 80's. As such, the layout and feel is a bit dated. The hotel is maintained fairly well inside and the rooms and hallways, while not "modern" by any means, are clean and well kept.

My issues with the hotel all center around the thin walls and sound propagation. As I was laying in my bed I could hear at least 3 different things going on. 1. Conversations in the hallway which echoed into my room. 2.) The next door neighbor on one side talking to his wife, as clear as if he was in my room. 3.) Toilets flushing above my room throughout the night. It was the worst of any hotel I can remember in recent memory.

Bottom line - this hotel is not well insulated and the style is very dated. If it were a bargin, maybe worth the trade off. But given the cost, I just don't see it...

The staff is nice and friendly so no issues there. Just not a good fit for my needs, and perhaps not yours..

Room Tip: Try to stay at the end of the hall so you minimize next door neighbors, and don't get a room con...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris20874
Anthony C, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in our hotel and work very hard to keep it clean and well maintained. We are planning to update our guest rooms in the near future and are currently working on the facade to keep that updated as well.
I'm sorry about the noise level from the adjoining rooms and hallway. We understand how important a good nights sleep is to our guests. We make every attempt to limit noise and thank you for your feedback. We hope we have another chance to host you when you are in Atlanta again!!
Best regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had our 2014 family reunion at this hotel. The hotel did a great job of accommodating our large group of 160+ people. The hotel staff is amazing and I can't say enough about how accommodating they are. We also had our dinner dance at the hotel and everyone family enjoyed the food.

Lastly, the pool area and work out are very nice and the hotel has great areas to hang out in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was the host hotel for SSS 6th Anniversary. Aaron at the front desk was very helpful. He promptly helped me whenever I had a request. Our room was great and the service was excellent.
I reported a problem with the toilet running and some one came and fixed it right away( though it still ran) I reported it again to be fixed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!