“Nice hotel for the money”

Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in College Park
McCormick, South Carolina, United States
“Nice hotel for the money”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed here and left the car for 10 days. Room was fine. Nothing fancy but OK. Fast shuttle service to the airport going and returning. Breakfast was good. Not just cereal but hot food. Fast check in and out.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Shametra C, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you from the whole staff at Quality Hotel Conference Center, for taking time out to write a review on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Shametra Collier
Quality Hotel Conference Center
770-996-4321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Avondale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We were recommended to this hotel by Delta when our flight home was cancelled due to weather. While the shuttle driver and Justin at reception were very friendly, it was clear that this was not a well run hotel. Breakfast was a bit bizarre in timing (6-9am on a Saturday?), lukewarm coffee, and a waffle maker that didn't work. The chef even locked the entrance doors at 9am and we had to request her to open the door to let us out. Luckily we tried to spend minimal time here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BobN06
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. On behalf of the entire staff at the Quality Hotel Conference Center I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations for your breakfast needs. Your feedback is very important to us and guest satisfaction is what we stride for. I will use your feedback to help with improvements with our breakfast to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our future guests.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so , we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Shametra Collier
Quality Hotel Conference Center
770-996-4321
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

To be honest this would have been my last choice of hotels. I was put here due to flight delays and missing my connecting flight. I think everyone staying at this hotel was put here via an airline. Let me start with the staff, who don't seem to have a clue what they are doing. When arriving at the Atlanta airport, I called the front desk to ask about the next shuttle. The clerk told me the shuttle would be arriving at 5:15pm. I retrieved my bags at 5:16pm, so of course I missed the shuttle. I called the front desk and asked "How often does your shuttle come, is it every 30 minutes?" The guy replied, "Yes the next shuttle will be there at 6:15 pm", I'm thinking well that isn't every thirty minutes then. So we're waiting and waiting. It's not 5:45 pm and a shuttle for a different hotel line pulls up and asks us where we are going. We tell him our issue, and he offers to take us to our hotel.

We get to the front desk, I request a down comforter because I am allergic to the old fashioned cheap hotel comforters that are shown in the pics of this hotel. He looks at me like he is clueless, so I take my luck with the room. The rooms are ok, I wouldn't pay for it, but I will not complain too much about them because I did not pay for them. The iron is attached to the ironing board so that it can't be stolen, that tells you what kind of area this hotel is in.

We called the front desk and asked if it was possible for the shuttle to take us somewhere other than the airport. The clerk was like yes, so we asked to be taken five minutes up the street so that we can go to a club to purchase VIP packages. She said the shuttle can not take us to the club. This is 9:00 pm, before the club opens. We asked for an explanation on where the shuttle could take us, let's just say that I am still confused on where the shuttle can go. So I am going to assume that the shuttle can only go to the airport.

The only reason that I gave this hotel three stars is because of the bar staff. The ladies in the restaurant were very nice and attentive. The food was also very good. This restaurant was the only place in the whole hotel that showcased the "southern hospitality" that you look for in Atlanta.

Sad to say, I had to contact the front desk again. We had an early flight so we needed to catch the 6:00 am shuttle. I called the front desk and told them that I needed to catch this shuttle. All she told me was that the shuttle would be here in 5 minutes. I get down there and the shuttle has already left and we have to wait thirty minutes for the next one. The upsetting part is that the front desk clerk did not offer to hold the shuttle for me or to call me when the shuttle pulled up.

I would never spend my own money here. I can get past the rooms because I didn't have much issues like others. However, the staff needs to be trained on hospitality. There is no way that they could work at another hotel. They do not even smile and greet you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank echappell86
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Good afternoon, I would like to apologize for all the problems you incurred during your recent stay with us. I have addressed each one with management during our staff meeting. Please give us another chance to provide you with great customer service that you our customer so deserve. Thank you, Shametra/Manager
Boulder
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Got stuck here due to a delta delay and the hotel was gross. The bathtub looked like it came out of a college frat house with gross stains in it. There was stains on most of the furniture in the rooms and the lobby. Good job delta....

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Alex H
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are very sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. Your review has been addressed with the owner and he has quickly begin taking steps to upgrade the few areas of concern. Please give us another chance to welcome you again to the Quality Hotel so you can experience a much better stay.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was without a hotel room on the night of the SEC Championship game, and everything was sold out. I got a room here last minute and while it's not the Ritz, it was just what I needed. The front desk person, Courtney, gave me a late check out so I could sleep and was very nice to a weary traveler. The room was clean and comfortable, and that's all that matters. Thank you to Courtney for being so wonderful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking time to write this nice review. I have shared your comments with the entire hotel staff. I sincerely hope the next time you visit Atlanta you will stay with us again!!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Don't bother! Hotel is old and dirty. Starting with the shuttle from the airport, I knew it was not going to be a good experience. The shuttle smelled like BO and rattled the entire way to the hotel. The lobby was not inviting nor was the staff that did not even greet any of the guests checking in. She basically just handed out keys. My room was a non-smoking room yet the bathroom smelled like an ashtay. The shower floor was black - never been scrubbed and the room was generally dingy. I expected much more from Delta considering they messed up!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jtbrow
Kansas
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was put up here because of a travel delay with Southwest. Normally, the hotels booked by the airlines are very nice. This was an exception to that rule. My room was one of the few left, and was dirty. It was not cleaned from the prior person, just the beds made. There was a dirty towel left in the shower, and all the shampoo/soap had been used. There was trash left in the room. If I had any other options or had been paying myself....I would have moved immediately. You can tell the only way this hotel is allowed to get away with this is the deal they cut with the airlines. With all the nicer hotels, don't book here!
Plus, I got here late and was hungry. The restaurant was closed because the chef did not show up.
The lack of attention by employees shows the care put out by this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo