“New Years Suprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Coldwater
“New Years Suprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Back in January I was traveling to visit family for New Years. I stayed at the Quality Hotel Conference Center, because it was close to the airport. The Hotel staff was very friendly, especially those working the front desk. I was checked in and out without any difficulty. My room was very clean and in perfect order, also I received great service at the bar and restaurant. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone. When you stay here try the fried chicken, "It is excellent".

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Byron J
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Being a full service hotel with a 30 year plus executive chef we get lots of nice comments on the food specially the fried chicken and catfish!
Thanks again for starting your year off with the Quality Hotel and Conference Center and we all look forward to welcoming you back throughout 2014!!

See you soon!/Shametra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had the opportunity to experience the excellent service at this hotel conference center and was deeply touched by the friendly and professional service of all the staff. From the moment of check- in to the moment f check-out all was above reproach. The process was speedy (important to a weary traveler). The rooms was cleaned to perfection and sufficiently equipped with everything I might possibly have needed. No call for room service went without immediate response (how wonderful).The food was to-die-for. The buffet spread was not only delicious but beautiful. I thought somebody's grandma was in the kitchen. The deserts were homemade and sooooo good. (hmmmmm).. The staff was also superheroes to many in distress during the snow/ice storm we had during my stay. They worked around the clock helping not only the guest but anyone who came into the hotel. Their demeanor never changed from the same friendly courteous service I had become accustomed to. It was amazing to see them work so professionally during such dire straits. I just want to thank some staff members for making my experience top notch: Shametra, Mary, Robert, Sylvia, Trudy, Angela, and Marcia. You guys are the best. Please forgive me if I missed anyone for I am sure there are others who made the difference in such excellent service. Keep up the great work and Thank you all so very much.

Bonita Jones

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bonita J
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to write such a WONDERFUL review on our Quality Hotel! I have shared this review with all the staff and everyone was so excited. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Quality Hotel and Conference Center in the near future.

Many thanks from a happy manager!
Shametra
us south
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

travel changes found me unexpectedly staying at Quality Hotel Conference Center in College Park. I found the staff to be friendly and cheerful while dealing with an influx of stranded travelers, and the room itself was to a good standard. appreciated the free access to internet to deal with my changing travel plans, and a breakfast buffet included with the room was a nice surprise.

Room Tip: despite being close to interstate highways, I found my room to be quiet. nothing much in neighborho...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for such a nice review on our hotel. I have shared your comments with the entire hotel staff. We at the Quality Hotel and Conference Center hope you will visit us again in the near future!

Thanks Again, Shametra/Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was stranded at the Atlanta airport due to a cancelled flight and received a discount voucher for this hotel. I checked in to a non-smoking room which upon getting to the room found that it stunk of smoke. I went down to the front desk and said I will not be staying here. This whole process took maybe 5 minutes. They charged my credit card the full amount and in spite of promising to remove the charge they still have not done so after 1 month and 4 calls. Apparently the manager does not work much since she is never in when called and this is during work hours.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GKonthego
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
On behalf of the management team at the Quality Hotel I would like to apologize for us taking so long to refund your money. We have nice non smoking rooms and I am sorry someone before you must have smoked in the room---it happens unfortunately sometimes. I have addressed this issue with the housekeeping department staff. We hope you will consider us again when visiting Atlanta.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

We were among the many stranded in Atlanta during the recent ice storm. Travel was difficult for the entire city, so the shuttle van delay was expected. The driver, however, was unexpected. Friendly, careful and courteous the entire time. Arriving at the hotel, it was obvious that they were working with a skeleton crew and doing the best they could under the circumstances. The staff remained upbeat and helpful despite working long hours, when they probably wanted to get home, too!

The staff and management is to be commended for making an unexpected hotel stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hi Terri from Atlanta! Thank you for such a nice review. Snow storms in Georgia are alway bad news. Our team hopes you will visit us again when you need hotel accommodations around the airport area.
Thanks Again, Shametra/Manager
Uniontown, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

After spending four nights in Cancun, we discovered that the second part of our returning flight was cancelled due to the horrific snowstorm in Atlanta. We quickly booked AND PAID FOR three rooms the day before we flew out so that we would have a place to stay when we arrived in Atlanta. After we arrived at the airport, we called the hotel in order to get the shuttle. A lady named Trudy told us that it would be two hours because there were several people in front of us for the shuttle. With the weather being so bad, this was understandable. She told us to call back in 30 minutes for an update. When we called back in 30 minutes we received a busy signal for about 20 minutes. When they finally answered, she said the wait was still 2 hours because they were "stuck in traffic." We decided that we would attempt to get a taxi to save time but the line was hours long. One member of our party found another shuttle service to take us to our hotel and we were extremely grateful. He told us that our hotel told him to STOP bringing people because they didn't have anymore rooms. We assured him that we had a paid, confirmed reservation. We arrived at the hotel and were greeted with these words from a very rude manager named Shamertra , "WE DON'T HAVE ANY ROOMS." We quickly stated that we had already paid and had our confirmation numbers. She said back, "I DON'T CARE IF YOU PAID, WE DON'T HAVE ANY ROOMS." We quickly noticed that one of the phones had been taken off the hook and laid on the counter. The shuttle that we were told was stuck in traffic was sitting in front of the hotel and hadn't moved for four hours. We, along with about 10 other guests, including pilots, refused to leave and stayed at the counter insisting that we had rooms waiting. She was very rude and didn't even try to assist us. When she could see that we weren't leaving, she said and I quote, "I guess I will go walk up and down the halls and knock on doors to see if we have any empty." WHAT???? What kind of manager doesn't know what rooms are available??? When she left, the cleaning lady actually came to the desk and tried to help us. I asked Trudy why she told us that the shuttle was on the way and she said, "It's my first day and that's what they told me to say." How sad that a manager tells an employee to lie to customers!!! We did eventually get a room after two hours and we are extremely hopeful that this hotel handles the poor night manager by finding her a replacement! Courtney, the young lady who was there later in the evening and in the morning was friendly and courteous. I would not recommend that anyone risk your money with this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jenny G
Shametra C, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize for your bad experience with us doing the horrible snow storm in Atlanta. I think everyone was tense but really tried to do the very best with this type of situation we in Atlanta are not use to snow. We ask that you please understand and give us another chance to welcome you back with great customer that you deserve from a Quality Hotel.
Abbeville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed four days as a distressed traveler due to the winter ice storm. The few staff members who were able to get to the hotel to work are to be commended. One lady I noticed, worked the restaurant in the evening, the housekeeping and breakfast bar the next morning too.
The hotel itself is in need of an upgrade. The shuttle needs an upgrade too. It is the first indication or clue about the quality of the hotel, and it isn't sending a good message. The driver was nice and helpful.
The hotel is reasonably priced and includes a breakfast bar. The rooms all have a microwave and small refrigerator too. I liked having the iron and ironing board in the room but the ironing board cover needs to be replaced.

The onsite bar and restaurant was a plus . They ran out of some menu items and the dinner left much to be desired. (Maybe due to staff shortage and a full hotel. ) I don't see myself staying here again. But I was very impressed with the manager, the helpful housekeeping staff and each employee who braved the horrible weather to help make my stay pleasant. To the owner please give these people a better place to work.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your A for effort comment! We began our upgrades several months ago and will complete by the end of the year. Please stay with us again when traveling through Atlanta and check out our new upgrades.

Thank you for being our customer .
Shametra