“Great location - Hidden Gem!”

Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location - Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

What a great location, so close to the airport. Best airport hotel in the Atlanta area. Due to weather in the area, I had an unexpected delay at the Atlanta airport. I found this hotel to be not only close, but a great value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
THANK YOU for such a wonderful review. I have shared this with the entire team and it started our Monday off with excitement. We look forward to welcome you back when your travels bring you to the Atlanta area.

Again, thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay!

Shametra/Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We booked here with park-sleep-fly because of 21 nights free parking and it didn't look like a dump. Check in was smooth, everything pretty clean, room was roomy and very quiet, Google TV with lots of channels. Bathroom was ok. Shuttle ran right on time. We left at 6AM and breakfast was already being served and I was able to grab coffee and make myself a good sausage biscuit. Cannot account for the poor reviews....we will stay here again when we fly out of Atlanta.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gatorgolfer
Thank you for being a valued customer of the Quality Hotel and Conference Center. We have a lot of Park & Fly guest that stay with us on a regular basis and very happy to add U to our list.
Our team looks forward to welcoming you again real soon!

Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We had the unfortunate luck to get put up here when our flight to Cancun was cancelled. Shuttle from the airport was a scary, dirty ride. There were several of us in the same situation and while the clerk at the front desk gave us our keys fast, she had no personality. The room smelled musty, the bathroom hadn't been cleaned in months and the plumbing was hanging out of the wall and rusted. There is nothing around the hotel as far as fast food or even a convenient store for something to eat (the area is shady!)so we were stuck with Bowties. The food wasn't terrible, but absolutely nothing memorable about it. The bartendar/waitress was friendly and handled alot of tables and the bar, all by herself (never saw anyone else to help her). Needless to say, we slept on top of the bedding and used other clothing for pillows. It was not pleasant! I would not recommend staying here if you have a choice...Delta seriously must not care about their customers at all to put people in this dump. Avoid!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SpoiledOklahoma
Dear unhappy guest, I would first like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I have addressed all your issues with the management team for immediate attention. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance if you are ever in the Atlanta Airport.

Coldwater
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Back in January I was traveling to visit family for New Years. I stayed at the Quality Hotel Conference Center, because it was close to the airport. The Hotel staff was very friendly, especially those working the front desk. I was checked in and out without any difficulty. My room was very clean and in perfect order, also I received great service at the bar and restaurant. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone. When you stay here try the fried chicken, "It is excellent".

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Byron J
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Being a full service hotel with a 30 year plus executive chef we get lots of nice comments on the food specially the fried chicken and catfish!
Thanks again for starting your year off with the Quality Hotel and Conference Center and we all look forward to welcoming you back throughout 2014!!

See you soon!/Shametra
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had the opportunity to experience the excellent service at this hotel conference center and was deeply touched by the friendly and professional service of all the staff. From the moment of check- in to the moment f check-out all was above reproach. The process was speedy (important to a weary traveler). The rooms was cleaned to perfection and sufficiently equipped with everything I might possibly have needed. No call for room service went without immediate response (how wonderful).The food was to-die-for. The buffet spread was not only delicious but beautiful. I thought somebody's grandma was in the kitchen. The deserts were homemade and sooooo good. (hmmmmm).. The staff was also superheroes to many in distress during the snow/ice storm we had during my stay. They worked around the clock helping not only the guest but anyone who came into the hotel. Their demeanor never changed from the same friendly courteous service I had become accustomed to. It was amazing to see them work so professionally during such dire straits. I just want to thank some staff members for making my experience top notch: Shametra, Mary, Robert, Sylvia, Trudy, Angela, and Marcia. You guys are the best. Please forgive me if I missed anyone for I am sure there are others who made the difference in such excellent service. Keep up the great work and Thank you all so very much.

Bonita Jones

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bonita J
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to write such a WONDERFUL review on our Quality Hotel! I have shared this review with all the staff and everyone was so excited. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Quality Hotel and Conference Center in the near future.

Many thanks from a happy manager!
Shametra
us south
Reviewed 15 February 2014

travel changes found me unexpectedly staying at Quality Hotel Conference Center in College Park. I found the staff to be friendly and cheerful while dealing with an influx of stranded travelers, and the room itself was to a good standard. appreciated the free access to internet to deal with my changing travel plans, and a breakfast buffet included with the room was a nice surprise.

Room Tip: despite being close to interstate highways, I found my room to be quiet. nothing much in neighborho...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for such a nice review on our hotel. I have shared your comments with the entire hotel staff. We at the Quality Hotel and Conference Center hope you will visit us again in the near future!

Thanks Again, Shametra/Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was stranded at the Atlanta airport due to a cancelled flight and received a discount voucher for this hotel. I checked in to a non-smoking room which upon getting to the room found that it stunk of smoke. I went down to the front desk and said I will not be staying here. This whole process took maybe 5 minutes. They charged my credit card the full amount and in spite of promising to remove the charge they still have not done so after 1 month and 4 calls. Apparently the manager does not work much since she is never in when called and this is during work hours.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GKonthego
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
On behalf of the management team at the Quality Hotel I would like to apologize for us taking so long to refund your money. We have nice non smoking rooms and I am sorry someone before you must have smoked in the room---it happens unfortunately sometimes. I have addressed this issue with the housekeeping department staff. We hope you will consider us again when visiting Atlanta.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Sleep Inn Airport
#16 of 26 in College Park
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South

Been to Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!